{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough and Ollie Clarke press conference, Tue 14 Sep

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: CB without a club 2mins

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:10 pm

marksay wrote:Jason shakell CB no club Played for Derby , Lincoln was transferred for 3.9m
Better than we have took two mins to find there are several out there better than Hewitt and Raws

Has moved to America with his wife, took three minutes to find out
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:13 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
marksay wrote:Jason shakell CB no club Played for Derby , Lincoln was transferred for 3.9m
Better than we have took two mins to find there are several out there better than Hewitt and Raws

Ooops!
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:15 pm

Hmmm lets think... Join a lg2 club sitting 20th in the league or live in america? What would you choose? :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:17 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Craig Morgan 2019
Jack Hobbs 2020
Jason Shackell 2020
Martin Cranie 2021
David Wheater 2021

All very well but why the hell would you want to come here? Hardly tempting at the minute is it?
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:20 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Craig Morgan 2019
Jack Hobbs 2020
Jason Shackell 2020
Martin Cranie 2021
David Wheater 2021

All very well but why the hell would you want to come here? Hardly tempting at the minute is it?

Unemployed or employed... not exactly difficult is it
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Re: Clough and Ollie Clarke press conference, Tue 14 Sep

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:25 pm

Nigel Clough is edging towards negative equity.

This is actually verging on negligence.

Absolutely terrible planning, yet we've got 2 defenders out on loan to other clubs in the division. You can't make it up.

Sorry. But this is Nigel's doing and he's completely raspberry ed it up.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Re: Clough press conference, Tue 14 Sep

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:The fact that he thinks our best centre forward is our best centre half lays bare the utterly embarrassing transfer policy at this club. I don’t suppose he got asked any hard questions by the pet journalists?

You keep banging on about the transfer policy... what exactly do you think it is? Do you think they missed out on three key targets on purpose...

No, but after getting caught with his pants round his ankles in the january transfer window he got caught out again, for a man of his experience to get caught out not once but twice is shoddy, and a tad embarrassing.

i don’t doubt (like many) he will get it right and things will come good, but this situation is entirely of his own making.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hold off sending that CV in to David Sharpe for Head Of Recruitment, Marksay
James
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:37 pm

He signs a player a lot of considered a 'relegater', he plays him, turns out he's rubbish, then publicly berates him, but keeps playing him, while signing a injured player and and sending 2 capable defenders out on loan.

It's a raspberry ing calamity, actually.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:38 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:The fact that he thinks our best centre forward is our best centre half lays bare the utterly embarrassing transfer policy at this club. I don’t suppose he got asked any hard questions by the pet journalists?

You keep banging on about the transfer policy... what exactly do you think it is? Do you think they missed out on three key targets on purpose...

Yeah and I’ll keep banging on about it because it’s not fit for purpose. One transfer window gooseberry up is bad but one over the summer is a scandal. They missed out on Naylor ages ago. Do YOU think it’s fit for purpose when we have to bring in two inexperienced players, one of whom is crocked, 2 hours before the window closed ?

You think that’s a sign of a good system ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:44 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Yeah and I’ll keep banging on about it because it’s not fit for purpose. One transfer window gooseberry up is bad but one over the summer is a scandal. They missed out on Naylor ages ago. Do YOU think it’s fit for purpose when we have to bring in two inexperienced players, one of whom is crocked, 2 hours before the window closed ?

Agree. Shambles.

I said in another thread after the Colchester game that playing well and not winning was actually a bad sign not a good sign. Now we're not even playing well and on a savage losing run and have no options to fix it because cloughs defence is actually bunkum.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:44 pm

At the time Forrester signed Nigel stated we don't pay anything until he is fit. He is clearly still injured so, my view, forget him and try and sign an out of contract player, if only until January.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:44 pm

It's got to be said this is very disappointing especially from a management team as experienced as ours. It's gone from bad to worse.

The main priority is to stop conceeding goals. If Hawkins is the best centre half we have, then he must play there.

Even at this stage those who expected promotion are in for a shock.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:48 pm

Amber Andy wrote:It's got to be said this is very disappointing especially from a management team as experienced as ours. It's gone from bad to worse.

The main priority is to stop conceeding goals. If Hawkins is the best centre half we have, then he must play there.

Yeah. We're in for another year of struggle at best. Cheers Nige, you superstar...

So angry about this. I need a brew.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:02 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:08 pm

Amber Andy wrote:It's got to be said this is very disappointing especially from a management team as experienced as ours. It's gone from bad to worse.

Oooooo Andy you little bigger. I think most with NC in charge "expected" to challenge for promotion/play offs.

Are you gonna be the one to tell JR of this "shock" :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:16 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

yeah but you're acting like we missed out on Naylor and did nothing for weeks... you know the narrative, we had other targets we went for and missed out.

You are genuinely acting like its not possible that mighty Masnfield town can miss out on players, like we have a given right to just be able to go and sign some super star, and if they don't come, find and sign another a the drop of a hat. And because we didn't do just that the "policy" isn't any good.

You're still also to say what you think our "transfer policy" is... if its that bad, talk us through what exactly it is.

The goal with transfers seems to be clearly identifying a shortlist of targets, that A. Dont cost a big fee and B. Dont cost the earth in wages. Theres nothing wrong with the transfer policy, yes it wasn't a good window for defenders but its the execution of landing these targets that was the problem, not the policy its self.

Unless you expect us to have 5 top tier players and start negotiations with them all just incase... It doesn't work like that.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:18 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Expect the club will release a statement about Perchy after this. Not good
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

Well there’s your answer.

No unattached centre halves out there who are better than the ones we’ve got.

A couple also picked up injuries so are they also defenders?.

It just gets better.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Just out of curiosity how does everyone know were in for another season of struggle?

We’ve a decent keeper, the midfield is an improvement (hasn’t been brilliant so far i agree) and the forward options are much better, i think we’re all aware of the defence without having to go over it once again.

When we last won a league how did that start? think we let 4 in during the 1st month (certainly newport gateshead and grimsby spring to mind) and it was turned around.

Not saying it’s going to happen but folk already seem to have it set in stone we’re struggling against relegation.

Just a thought
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:24 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Oooooo Andy you little bigger. I think most with NC in charge "expected" to challenge for promotion/play offs.

Are you gonna be the one to tell JR of this "shock" :lol:

I'm sure JR has learned you simply " don't smash the league". All we can expect is improvement year on year.

Having said that, I'm as disappointed and surprised at the shambles regarding our defence. Yes some bad luck with recruitment but some really poor decisions as well.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:24 pm

adamstag wrote:Just out of curiosity how does everyone know were in for another season of struggle?

We’ve a decent keeper, the midfield is an improvement (hasn’t been brilliant so far i agree) and the forward options are much better, i think we’re all aware of the defence without having to go over it once again.

When we last won a league how did that start? think we let 4 in during the 1st month (certainly newport gateshead and grimsby spring to mind) and it was turned around.

Not saying it’s going to happen but folk already seem to have it set in stone we’re struggling against relegation.

Just a thought

Because that's what some like to do as soon as the first signs of struggle start. It's way too early to make a judgement.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:30 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:Just out of curiosity how does everyone know were in for another season of struggle?

Just a thought

Because that's what some like to do as soon as the first signs of struggle start. It's way too early to make a judgement.

Shows a remarkable lack of knowledge about the history of the club, and a remarkable lack of understanding of the reality of how football works. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:32 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Just a thought

And tbh if we were on a roll top of the league, this place would be a ghost town... select few posters are just sad af and revel in misery
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:35 pm

Just a thought

Whilst agreeing with the sentiments of that, surely it also works the other way, why aren’t we liable to be relegated.

Whilst I don’t think it will come to that, the fact that we can’t improve an abysmal defence until January certainly puts us on the back foot. Being realistic, you don’t pick up good players in January unless you pay a sizeable fee. I can’t see the players we have out on loan wanting to come back especially if we are at the wrong end of the table.

County and Chesterfield fans thought they were too good to go down but we know any team can achieve it if things go horribly wrong.

I repeat, I don’t think we will go down but we may if we arrogantly think we are too good to do so.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum