{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dale Score Thread Sponsored By The Co-Op...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dale Score Thread Sponsored By The Co-Op...

Postby lifestags » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:49 am

Bishop
Gordon Rawson Nartey SM
Sinclair Maris Clarke Lapslie Bowery
Hawkins.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:52 am

Absolutely no chance we keep a clean sheet so got to hope we outscore them!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:53 am

according to the bookies were nailed on favourites :lol:

They’re like 12/5 - half tempted to put some on!
Last edited by adamstag on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:00 am

lifestags wrote:Bishop
Gordon Rawson Nartey SM
Hawkins.

Watching Burnley last night and how their huge CHs play, how the chuffed is Nartey still at Burnley, he's nothing like a Dyche CH.

As a former Spireite I think he knew exactly what he was sending us :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:05 am

I think we do need to shut up shop here and try and get back to basics, get 5 in midfield, Bowery out on the left. Charsley or Sinclair on the right.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:00 am

lifestags wrote:I think we do need to shut up shop here and try and get back to basics, get 5 in midfield, Bowery out on the left. Charsley or Sinclair on the right.

Im with you stop playing on the front foot, and start defending
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Walton Stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:06 am

The team that Lifestags suggests is on the right lines for me but I think we need to protect the right flank better. Bowery playing out wide on the left gives good cover but the right side with Sinclair in front of Gordon is again fragile. It would be a similar situation if Charsley was selected in place of Sinclair. I would like to see James Clarke given a game at right back with Gordon in front of him. I think that is more defensively solid and will stop teams putting balls in to the massive gaps that appear behind our full backs at times.
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:07 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
lifestags wrote:Bishop
Gordon Rawson Nartey SM
Hawkins.

Watching Burnley last night and how their huge CHs play, how the chuffed is Nartey still at Burnley, he's nothing like a Dyche CH.

As a former Spireite I think he knew exactly what he was sending us :lol:

Burnley played like a load of thugs. Glad they got beat
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 am

Walton Stag wrote:The team that Lifestags suggests is on the right lines for me but I think we need to protect the right flank better. Bowery playing out wide on the left gives good cover but the right side with Sinclair in front of Gordon is again fragile. It would be a similar situation if Charsley was selected in place of Sinclair. I would like to see James Clarke given a game at right back with Gordon in front of him. I think that is more defensively solid and will stop teams putting balls in to the massive gaps that appear behind our full backs at times.

I totally agree James should start at right back. He is the best right back at the club and has the potential to develop into a cracking player. He does need games to evolve and attain his potential but maybe now is the time to give them to him. He needs a solid strong player in front of him and that could be Oates who is certainly able to use his muscle. Clarke is also still a threat going forward as his shot against the post showed the other week.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:15 pm

Interesting that in both Clough and Clarke’s interviews today they both mention the need to keep a clean sheet so it sounds like we might not be so attacking on Saturday.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:16 pm

Dan wrote:Interesting that in both Clough and Clarke’s interviews today they both mention the need to keep a clean sheet so it sounds like we might not be so attacking on Saturday.

He said that last week :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:17 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:Interesting that in both Clough and Clarke’s interviews today they both mention the need to keep a clean sheet so it sounds like we might not be so attacking on Saturday.

He said that last week :lol:

Oh. :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:58 pm

surely the aim every week is to keep a clean sheet? :? :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:33 pm

adamstag wrote:surely the aim every week is to keep a clean sheet? :? :shock:

Has it looked like it?! :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:35 pm

Dan wrote:

Has it looked like it?! :lol:

:lol:

No but it just sounds ridiculous, “this week we’ll do our best to keep a clean sheet”

well? obviously. dur.

It’s like saying we’ve not tried in the other games but will try our best this weekend hah

Hopefully rawson and nartey start and play well
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:39 pm

He did also say, "we've been saying this every week" Watch the full interview.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:08 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Well he’s obviously not doing a very good job at it.

How to take over a dreadful defence, have 2 transfer windows and successfully make it worse.

That’s a special effort.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:35 pm

adamstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

How to take over a dreadful defence, have 2 transfer windows and successfully make it worse.

That’s a special effort.

Yawn.. stating the obvious is getting boring now. You going to be silent if we win and keep clean sheet? Nothing to moan about anymore?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:48 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

That’s a special effort.

Yawn.. stating the obvious is getting boring now. You going to be silent if we win and keep clean sheet? Nothing to moan about anymore?

What a thoroughly lazy post when facts are stated. Maybe you should read up earlier when i questioned what happened early on the season the last time we won the league.

Clough today has basically said that he’s a forward who’s our best defender. i don’t think anything else needs to be said to prove my point. i believe we will come good under clough whether it be this season or next, but the fact is (sadly) he’s totally cocked up here, and we both know it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 pm

adamstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

That’s a special effort.

What a thoroughly lazy post when facts are stated. Maybe you should read up more on things before you make another lazy post, the one where i’ve said who’s to say we might do well this season before everyone writes us off - and look what happened when we last won the league, or is it too convenient not to mention that?

He’s been saying it every week? well we conceded in every game, it’s hardly working is it? christ :lol: why would i need to see an interview to listen to a manger (any manager) say they want a clean sheet, well dur, hello - obviously :lol:

In a way i wish you were right as you see the good in everything and seem very much a happy clapper - you still believed at 2-0 on saturday something would happen when it would have only took (sadly) another defensive gooseberry up to go further behind - I can’t criticise your approach as it’s kinda cute in a way, simple but cute.

the “yawn” is for us all, no-one wants yet another season of this raspberrys, but putting your head in the sand like you appear to do is no more useful than criticising them.

All you do is bitch and moan about every manager we've had, sacking them as you have consistently wished has achieved so much hasn't it Adam? We'll get nowhere if we keep changing managers regularly, how long have I been saying this to you now? We have a manager who has a track record of eventually creating a successful side, but that's not good enough for you, you want it right now, this very instance, if not, lets employ someone else because that will work. The patience tree has not yet paid you a visit, one day it will. There are 39 (thirty-nine) games to go.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:29 pm

rob i’ve said all along he should be given at least 2 seasons here which needs to happen. for me this season is about stability, a top half finish if possible and push on. Those expecting promotion this season appear to be sadly wide of the mark. As i mentioned under the thread “our manager” we won’t ever have a manager as good - and clough is everything that odious clown evans isnt, and thank the lord for that. (which isn’t noted in your post)

I did think at the back end of last season given the form and players we might do well this season, which is entirely plausible - which i made when i noted how we started the season when we won the conference (which of course conveniently isn’t mentioned).

In this instance though i’ve said what EVERYONE has said in such that sadly he appears to have cocked up the transfer policy again and we’ve actually been left with a defence currently seemingly worse than last season - i mean when clough himself has admitted our best CB option this weekend is a forward…..

We’ve improved the GK and forward options well, the midfield hasn’t maybe quite done as well as hoped and we’re all well aware about the defence.

If we manage to make the playoffs this season amazing, but a top half finish pushing on would do me just grand, just stability, and let’s see.

Maybe this patience tree will work huh
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:40 pm

adamstag wrote:Actually rob i’ve said all along he should be given at least 2 seasons here which needs to happen. for me this season is about stability, a top half finish if possible and push on. Those expecting promotion this season appear to be sadly wide of the mark. As i mentioned under the thread “our manager” we won’t ever have a manager as good - and clough is everything that odious clown evans isnt, and thank the lord for that. (which isn’t noted in your post)

I did think at the back end of last season given the form and players we might do well this season, which is entirely plausible - which i made when i noted how we started the season when we won the conference (which of course conveniently isn’t mentioned).

In this instance though i’ve said what EVERYONE has said in such that sadly he appears to have cocked up the transfer policy again and we’ve actually been left with a defence currently seemingly worse than last season - i mean when clough himself has admitted our best CB option this weekend is a forward…..

We’ve improved the GK and forward options well, the midfield hasn’t maybe quite done as well as hoped and we’re all well aware about the defence.

If we manage to make the playoffs this season amazing, but a top half finish pushing on would do me just grand.

So that's far more reasonable than your other posts :D

You are right about Cox, people were demanding his sacking not long before we went on that run, look where sticking with him got us. Clearly that lesson was not learnt and how many managers have we had since Coxy? That's why we are still here. What we need to do now is get behind the manager and the players, yes have the odd reasoned debate on here, but this utterly over the top reaction after every defeat takes over every thread, some like Musings and Sedgwick make some great points, calmly and with substance, yet get ridiculed for daring to defend the club and its manager. I think NC is the right man for the job and he will achieve success here, but patience is needed, some have absolutely none whatsoever and now pick on his every word.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:21 am

No one is calling for his sacking. I don’t know where that came from. The people that you’re defending him from, like me, are making valid points. You are just defending and I don’t know why. Are you trying to stop dissent and critique ?
As for the other comment, I don’t think there’s a single fan of the club that doesn’t want a clean sheet and a win at the weekend. Not a single one
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:32 am

I’m sure I read somewhere that Gazmoose said he should be sacked if we lose on Saturday. Apologies if I’m mistaken.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:44 am

MTFCMusings wrote:I’m sure I read somewhere that Gazmoose said he should be sacked if we lose on Saturday. Apologies if I’m mistaken.

He may have, but Gazmoose is a Spireite troll.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum