{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dale Score Thread Sponsored By The Co-Op...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dale Score Thread Sponsored By The Co-Op...

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 am

Spiritater wrote:Too early to say if it's a relegation battle yet. We are in front of Coghlan's total after 8 games last season.
However I feel the poor defence ( yet to keep a clean sheet) will be our Achilles heel as to progressing any further than mid table. God forbid there are no more injuries to CBs or we may need to call on such as Cooper etc to fill-in.

Usually after about twelve games the table starts to shape up.

I agree about the number of injuries to CBs has been extraordinary and hit us hard.

It's fair to criticise the quality of the CBs that have been signed. I can't understand why we signed Hewitt given his record for the previous two seasons. I don't think we can criticise the injuries ( unless it's down to training methods ).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:09 am

We’ve also had a hard start, again next week - away at leyton orient who are 2nd, hard to see how we will get anything from that but you never know.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:35 am

We are 4 points off the playoffs.

If we can achieve that even with our kamikaze defending and terrible run of injuries, we are more than capable of catching the pack if we can just settle down.

When I first saw the fixtures, it was difficult to see many points from the first ten games and we’ve already beaten two of the favourites for promotion. Yes, Bristol are struggling but we started that slide and they looked a decent team.

Now isn’t the time for doom and gloom, leave that until February if we are still in the same position. Get behind the lads and put some positivity into the side. They’ve just held the form team and could easily have won it. As for Rochdale missing some sitters, show me a league 2 side that doesn’t.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:33 am

adamstag wrote:We’ve also had a hard start, again next week - away at leyton orient who are 2nd, hard to see how we will get anything from that but you never know.

Have you stopped to consider that the reason the teams who we’ve played are near the top is because they’ve beaten us and took three points? No?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:55 am

bellwhiff wrote:
adamstag wrote:We’ve also had a hard start, again next week - away at leyton orient who are 2nd, hard to see how we will get anything from that but you never know.

Have you stopped to consider that the reason the teams who we’ve played are near the top is because they’ve beaten us and took three points? No?

The only team we’ve played in the top seven is Harrogate.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:03 am

Yesterday was kind of what I expected a nervy and back to basic performance, special praise for Bowery for me thought he did well and carried the ball well second half, fair play to Clough I think he could of made his subs earlier but when he did make them they worked, that is the best I have seen Stirk play.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:09 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Not when we played the individual teams

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:26 am

bellwhiff wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Of course, harrogate were near the top, orient are. On paper we’ve had a tough start fixture wise.

Now that’s not connected with how we’ve played/defensive gaffes etc, but an opening 8 games where we’ve played 3 of the sides relegated last season, the side beaten in the playoff final last season, it’s not been easy.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:07 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

So they couldn’t have been near the top because they took three points off us then. You don’t get the points before you play a team.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:28 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:[

A good three points would have been said but for another mistake by the winger at RB

Fair.

Big improvement, the point the boys needed.

least your posting and haven't vanished like Billy the fish, Norman gazmouse and co... :?

Haven't vanished... Still here... Still havent changed my mind on this team!.

Thought we were awful again today... Dale could of been out of sight if they had anyone who could finish.

Spirites going top just about tops off another dire saturday being a stags fan :cry:

Gunna be a long hard relegation fight AGAIN...

Cloughies absolute comedy deadline day loan signings have certainly made the difference eh?
Trip, trap, trip, trap ........... yawn.

Intelligent reply.... So you dont think were in a relegation battle then?
You also think cloughies deadline day signings are doing well?! :lol:
What I do think is you only post negatives about Mansfield and only positives about Cheaterfield. Strange that for a stags fan.

If you actually read posts on here and followed the thread, you will know I have been critical of the signings.
Another reason why I think you are trolling in an effort to bring doom and gloom to this board. Bobby sused you out weeks ago.[/quote]

Course he did :roll:

Dont need to bring doom & gloom to this board.... The team are doing agood job of that!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bear 73 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:32 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
broomo wrote:Showed a lot of character to get a point after a disastrous mistake by Kellan.

Anyone who watched the game and still blames the manager for that mistake is an idiot.

Might post more when I get back.

Delighted for DJ. Hope he starts next week.

I think calling anyone who disagrees with you an idiot won’t get you any respect on this board , you ain’t a Mansfield fan end of . On to the game we were poor very poor for 60-75 mins a draw in the end and a 1point was very welcome on recent results ..

Wake up who on this board gets respect for their opinions, and have you seen the empty seats in the One Call Stadium, please any new fans are very welcome.
Village mentality is still in the area, but the majority are friendly passionate and knowledgeable football fans, and you can be sure of a warm welcome
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:38 pm

Wil0211 wrote:I do not think anyone is blaming the Manager for Gordon's mistake. The only blame you can point towards the manager is that he decided that Gordon is his first choice right back when better players in the position are being loaned out.

This is a opinion not fact, Perch would be our first choice full back , if our signings had come off
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:41 pm

broomo wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Ty come on for Oates who's looked a bit sluggish and made one or two poor decisions.

I said the same thing at half time.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:45 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Wil0211 wrote:I do not think anyone is blaming the Manager for Gordon's mistake. The only blame you can point towards the manager is that he decided that Gordon is his first choice right back when better players in the position are being loaned out.

This is a opinion not fact, Perch would be our first choice full back , if our signings had come off

IF IF IF , they didn't come off so we're left with a pile of cack, buck stops with ya mate
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:50 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:I think it’s time to accept Gordon for what he is - and average L2 player. He has good spells and bad spells but when it comes to the crunch he always seems to under deliver.

I was having a chat with York Stag at half time and sticking up for Kellan Gordon. York Stag thought that James Clarke should be starting. However Clarke did not have a great game at Harrogate although he kept battling until the end. Kellan then went and dropped a clanger in the 2nd half. He does not seem to be getting forward as much as previously and I don't know if that is because he has been told by Nigel Clough to stay back. Nigel Clough was screaming at him to stay back at Walsall last Saturday after we went 1-0 down.

I also said that I would get York Stag and Yorkshire Stag together for a beer and a Stags chat. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:53 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:I was pleasantly surprised by Stirk's impact when he came on. His sliding tackle was a piece of real tackle

I was surprised George Maris was subbed but Ryan Stirk played really well when he came on and made an impact. His best bit of play to date.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:I was pleasantly surprised by Stirk's impact when he came on. His sliding tackle was a piece of real tackle

I was surprised George Maris was subbed but Ryan Stirk played really well when he came on and made an impact. His best bit of play to date.

Damned brain fog, it was meant to read a piece of real quality.
I was quite ambivalent about him coming on but have to say, based on thirty minutes, I was very impressed and would like to see him have more game time
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:12 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

So they couldn’t have been near the top because they took three points off us then. You don’t get the points before you play a team.

Forget it. It’s clearly too much to grasp.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:26 pm

I like the little I’ve seen of Stirk. He’s very good technically and no afraid to make a challenge. The only question marks I have of him is how mobile he is.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:30 pm

broomo wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Ty come on for Oates who's looked a bit sluggish and made one or two poor decisions.

Rhys Oates is a good debate in its own right.

I just don't see a role for him and fail to see what he brings to the side?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:40 pm

Still coming to terms with the Nartey news, how could i judge last weeks performance if he was playing with a shin injury.
Rochdale was a game we needed to win and stay in touch with the league leaders, but having so many frailitis in defence and losing 4 out of the last 5 games, losing was not a option.
In a hard fought game, we duly conceded a poor goal, this must have shook confidence, with the crowd tense there was a mountain to climb.
Using our squad we got the equalizer through Johnson, and could have won it.
Gordon has been given every chance to become a defender, and is just a weak link, and to blame for so many goals.
Going forward he has pace, but is totally right footed, very poor at crossing, most of them blocked at source, cannot cut inside because is left foot is just for standing on.
he can easily be took out.
Rawson was vocal and defended well, Hewitt well he is powder puff in the air, with a Taylor Header from a corner he stood and watched him have a clear header, while Hewitt still had his two feet still on the ground. Here lies a big flaw to our defence.
While after the game a draw gave us a point, we will struggle until we have a full squad of defenders, Clough has his work cut out keeping us close to the top ten.
After all our set backs its a big hill were climbing,
I do not like super sub, it puts a player in a box, it is a squad game and players coming off the bench are just part of the matchday team
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:42 pm

:!:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

He’s direct in the way that none of other wide/attacking options are. He can carry the ball. Unfortunately, his decision making is letting him down at the moment more often than not.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:48 pm

MTFCMusings wrote::!:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

He’s direct in the way that none of other wide/attacking options are. He can carry the ball. Unfortunately, his decision making is letting him down at the moment more often than not.

I agree with that and he has strength which is something we lack in the side. As a team we are far too easy to block or push in the defenders chosen direction where Oates picks his own route and has the strength to take it.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:51 pm

MTFCMusings wrote::!:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Saw him numerous times for Hartlepool on the box and the directness worked against poorer defenders as he drove on and scored.
It's not working against better defenders and as you say he has to play someone else in or try an old one two.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:02 pm

He reminds me a bit of CJ in the decision making at the moment. He’s best when we works on instinct and doesn’t have too much time to think. But yesterday he barely touched the ball in the right channel where he needs to operate. Our attacks are still too focused down the left hand side.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum