{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dale Score Thread Sponsored By The Co-Op...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dale Score Thread Sponsored By The Co-Op...

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:07 am

bellwhiff wrote:No one is calling for his sacking. I don’t know where that came from. The people that you’re defending him from, like me, are making valid points. You are just defending and I don’t know why. Are you trying to stop dissent and critique ?
As for the other comment, I don’t think there’s a single fan of the club that doesn’t want a clean sheet and a win at the weekend. Not a single one

Where did I say people were asking for his sacking? Where did I try to stop dissent or critique, I'm just disagreeing with you, is that allowed ;)

You are doing exactly what you often mock others for on score threads, NC needs time and patience to get us from we were when he took over to where he wants us to be, that might be 2 more seasons. This constant over reaction after each defeat, of which you are now a part, is just that, a huge over reaction. We've got 39 games to go fgs.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:57 am

Ref Stattos - What is our record when Carl Boyeson is our ref at Field Mill?

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Ref Stattos - What is our record when Carl Boyeson is our ref at Field Mill?

Won 5, Drawn 2, Lost 3 at Field Mill. Last game was 0-1 loss to Harrogate.

Overall

Won 6, Drawn 3, Lost 5. Last game was 2-0 loss to Barrow when he sent off Ryan Sweeney.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:11 am

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:No one is calling for his sacking. I don’t know where that came from. The people that you’re defending him from, like me, are making valid points. You are just defending and I don’t know why. Are you trying to stop dissent and critique ?
As for the other comment, I don’t think there’s a single fan of the club that doesn’t want a clean sheet and a win at the weekend. Not a single one

Where did I say people were asking for his sacking? Where did I try to stop dissent or critique, I'm just disagreeing with you, is that allowed ;)

You are doing exactly what you often mock others for on score threads, NC needs time and patience to get us from we were when he took over to where he wants us to be, that might be 2 more seasons. This constant over reaction after each defeat, of which you are now a part, is just that, a huge over reaction. We've got 39 games to go fgs.

This season already has the feel of Billy Dearden's second season. When we had muppets climbing all over the dugouts & fans moaning about how crap Wayne Corden was. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 am

Rob wrote:

I wasn’t replying to you, that’s why I didn’t quote you.
I’m not saying NC doesn’t need time. I’m saying that he and the club hierarchy need to get a grip of the shockingly incompetent transfer policy. Looks like another season of mediocrity due to poor player acquisition. The question is to how long this is allowed to continue. The lack of assembling a reasonable defence is frankly incompetent. That needs calling out. My question about O’Keefe is valid. I would like to know why he’s been allowed to go out when we are scrambling around to bring in young inexperienced and injured replacements.

It’s also not an overreaction. We shouldn’t be in this position.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:34 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Ref Stattos - What is our record when Carl Boyeson is our ref at Field Mill?

Won 5, Drawn 2, Lost 3 at Field Mill. Last game was 0-1 loss to Harrogate.
Overall Won 6, Drawn 3, Lost 5.

Last game was 2-0 loss to Barrow when he sent off Ryan Sweeney.

Thanks Sam
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:39 am

Belly, the January window was poor, we let 2 strikers go and did not replace them at a time when we still had a chance, albeit slight, of getting top 7. I agreed with you at the time, as you may recall. This summer is different, we clearly did not get all our main targets through no fault of the clubs and those we signed have so far given mixed results, some have done well, some not so well. However, it is only 7 games into the season, hence certain comments like "if we lose on Sat he'll probably go" are ludicrous, extreme and an over reaction even by the standards of some on this forum.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:42 am

Rob wrote:Belly, the January window was poor, we let 2 strikers go and did not replace them at a time when we still had a chance, albeit slight, of getting top 7. I agreed with you at the time, as you may recall. This summer is different, we clearly did not get all our main targets through no fault of the clubs and those we signed have so far given mixed results, some have done well, some not so well. However, it is only 7 games into the season, hence certain comments like "if we lose on Sat he'll probably go" are ludicrous, extreme and an over reaction even by the standards of some on this forum.

Nobody is sane is wanting him to go, christ on a bike, sadly the last 2 managerial appointments were disasters and hopefully it’ll come good for all concerned, he needs time and he should be afforded that.

I think what has really bemused many is the defence which everyone’s talked about to death, how’s its worse than it was last season has slightly bemused everyone as we were expecting an improvement (if only modest) on last season - results to the back end of last season and pre-season backed this up, hopefully it’ll come good.

As belly said though, whereas there are some who are OTT about getting rid of him there are also others on the other side of the scale who seem to live in some fantasy land where if the manager gets any criticism at all they’re not allowed and are jumped on. Going on about the defence being as it is isn’t an overreaction, it’s more annoyance/astonishment that it’s this bad at present

We’re all in the same ship hoping it’ll steer towards promotion! and if it’s not done this season we will go again next.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:07 pm

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I’m sure I read somewhere that Gazmoose said he should be sacked if we lose on Saturday. Apologies if I’m mistaken.

He may have, but Gazmoose is a Spireite troll.

Love you too
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:42 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I’m sure I read somewhere that Gazmoose said he should be sacked if we lose on Saturday. Apologies if I’m mistaken.

He may have, but Gazmoose is a Spireite troll.

Love you too

:thumbup:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:49 pm

Rob wrote:Belly, the January window was poor, we let 2 strikers go and did not replace them at a time when we still had a chance, albeit slight, of getting top 7. I agreed with you at the time, as you may recall. This summer is different, we clearly did not get all our main targets through no fault of the clubs and those we signed have so far given mixed results, some have done well, some not so well. However, it is only 7 games into the season, hence certain comments like "if we lose on Sat he'll probably go" are ludicrous, extreme and an over reaction even by the standards of some on this forum.

Only a troll would even think about the manager getting the Spanish fiddler this season.

My points are valid. The defence is a shambles.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:43 am

Spanish fiddler, that's a new one.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Arnolds Rod » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:08 am

adamstag wrote:according to the bookies were nailed on favourites :lol:

They’re like 12/5 - half tempted to put some on!

Rochdale 25/1 (-2 handicap), -3 100/1 and -4 250/1

With our current defence those odds look a better investment than a cash ISA.
Arnolds Rod
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:25 am

Arnolds Rod wrote:
adamstag wrote:according to the bookies were nailed on favourites :lol:

They’re like 12/5 - half tempted to put some on!

Rochdale 25/1 (-2 handicap), -3 100/1 and -4 250/1

With our current defence those odds look a better investment than a cash ISA.

Indeed... I have took a small stake on rochdale -2 AH & -3 AH, also rochdale to win & BTTS is a very good price.

For some reason the bookies make us faves every week regardless who were playing!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Jimstag » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:07 am

I’m going to go for 3-2 to stags.

It will be interesting if Clough makes any further changes to shore up the defence. E.g. 5 at the back or play 2 defensive midfielders.

If thinking he’ll still play a back four so with the way it’s been going we need to score 3 to win so 3-2.

Opinion on Clough, there were promising signs and he’s trying to play in the right way. Recruitment has been the issue and letting players go like okeeffe (the rochdale Cafu!) and be successful elsewhere. I think Clough needs another 2 transfer windows to get things right and should stay but losing so many games in a row does invite pressure onto results
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:56 am

Rochdale why should we be nervous of this game, they are a same size club as us spent less on players and coming of the back of a relegation.
But Bradford, Swindon, Walsall results have made us nervous, and Harrowgate was a disaster, showing you have to be physical in this league, and keep your cool.
Our defence is shaky and will have to be covered by our full backs and a defensive midfield, our attack well we have so many choices we cant fit them all in
We should be able to stop this rot, we have 5 games to get our season back on track, they say 12 games shows a settled league table, and we need to be in the top half
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:14 pm

No we don't
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:46 pm

Stags 2 Dale 0

:coys:
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:59 am

bear 73 wrote:Rochdale why should we be nervous of this game, they are a same size club as us spent less on players and coming of the back of a relegation.
But Bradford, Swindon, Walsall results have made us nervous, and Harrowgate was a disaster, showing you have to be physical in this league, and keep your cool.
Our defence is shaky and will have to be covered by our full backs and a defensive midfield, our attack well we have so many choices we cant fit them all in
We should be able to stop this rot, we have 5 games to get our season back on track, they say 12 games shows a settled league table, and we need to be in the top half

Agreed
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:06 am

The early data has Rochdale as one of the best sides in the league, however they're missing arguably their best player in Corey O'Keeffe.

If we can cut out the silly errors, we're a match for any side.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:32 am

Missing Clarke and Quinn will make it all the more difficult. A score draw at best.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:42 am

Clarke is back isn’t he?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:42 am

Conker wrote:Clarke is back isn’t he?

Yes, unless Andy knows something we don't!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:47 am

Amber Andy wrote:Missing Clarke and Quinn will make it all the more difficult. A score draw at best.

Clarke will be back, he only had a one game ban
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:19 pm

Amberheart wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Rochdale why should we be nervous of this game, they are a same size club as us spent less on players and coming of the back of a relegation.

Agreed

I wouldn’t be nervous at all, i’d be licking my lips if i were rochdale!

Been a league above us virtually the last decade, started well, on a good run of form playing a side that’s lost 5 in a row and the worst defence going.

Whatever would make you nervous?

hopefully we win, would give my right arm to win, but i can’t see the logic of them being nervous
Last edited by adamstag on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum