{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dale Score Thread Sponsored By The Co-Op...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dale Score Thread Sponsored By The Co-Op...

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:04 pm

Have you stopped to consider that the reason the teams who we’ve played are near the top is because they’ve beaten us and took three points? No?[/quote]

The only team we’ve played in the top seven is Harrogate.[/quote]
Not when we played the individual teams[/quote]

So they couldn’t have been near the top because they took three points off us then. You don’t get the points before you play a team.[/quote]
Forget it. It’s clearly too much to grasp.[/quote]

Not too much to grasp but maybe too much to explain properly. Could it be you meant they were the form teams at the time we played them?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:19 pm

Probably me being dumb but I thought he meant that that early in the season 3 points can move you high in the league table. There's alot of movement. Which is why after 2 games we were at the top and now after 8 games we are near the bottom. Favourable results for us in the next 2 could throw us into the play offs (disclaimer I've not looked at who plays who just that we are 4 points off) so the table is in a state of flux this early.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:43 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Probably me being dumb but I thought he meant that that early in the season 3 points can move you high in the league table. There's alot of movement. Which is why after 2 games we were at the top and now after 8 games we are near the bottom. Favourable results for us in the next 2 could throw us into the play offs (disclaimer I've not looked at who plays who just that we are 4 points off) so the table is in a state of flux this early.

Also in league two, 3 or 4 good results in a row throughout a season and you're right back in it. It's a poor league with little difference between teams.

I'd still say we could be around the playoffs, the players despite the defence are more than capable
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:47 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Probably me being dumb but I thought he meant that that early in the season 3 points can move you high in the league table. There's alot of movement. Which is why after 2 games we were at the top and now after 8 games we are near the bottom. Favourable results for us in the next 2 could throw us into the play offs (disclaimer I've not looked at who plays who just that we are 4 points off) so the table is in a state of flux this early.

Exactly. Thanks.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:22 pm

The table is nearly always in a state of flux technically so I guess a better descriptor would be its much more.... malleable(?) this early in the season.

An early run of form gives you points that you can lose later in the season and still have a decent season. The issue is when you don't get points earlier in the season gives you less you can "lose" later. Or just pull a Paul Cox :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:30 pm

That’s probably what he meant but not what he said.

He said teams were near the top maybe because they’d taken 3 points off us. Only Harrogate in top seven who we have played so far. Read it again. You’ll also see I also made the same point as you.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:43 pm

Rochdale manager, Robbie Stockdale, was complaining after the game about our narrow pitch.

I just looked at the Football Stadiums website and they have our pitch down as 104 x 64 yards which does make Field Mill the most narrow pitch in League 2 along with Bradford City, Colchester United, Exeter City, Forest Green Rovers, Swindon Town and Stevenage.

Leyton Orient have the widest pitch in League 2 (73 yards) followed by Port Vale (70 yards), Hartlepool (70 yards) and Rochdale (69 yards)

https://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/art ... league-two
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:15 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Rochdale manager, Robbie Stockdale, was complaining after the game about our narrow pitch.

I just looked at the Football Stadiums website and they have our pitch down as 104 x 64 yards which does make Field Mill the most narrow pitch in League 2 along with Bradford City, Colchester United, Exeter City, Forest Green Rovers, Swindon Town and Stevenage.

Leyton Orient have the widest pitch in League 2 (73 yards) followed by Port Vale (70 yards), Hartlepool (70 yards) and Rochdale (69 yards)

A Rochdale fan tweeted me about this yesterday, saying they couldn’t believe how narrow our pitch was. Has it been adjusted or is it always that size?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Rochdale manager, Robbie Stockdale, was complaining after the game about our narrow pitch.

A Rochdale fan tweeted me about this yesterday, saying they couldn’t believe how narrow our pitch was. Has it been adjusted or is it always that size?

I'd say made a fair bit narrower this season. When you are stood on the lower west front barrier the touchline and lino is getting further and further away
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:37 pm

the dimensions have not changed this season. I confirmed that with the analyst a few weeks ago.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:44 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:the dimensions have not changed this season. I confirmed that with the analyst a few weeks ago.

i said pre season first home game it looked loads shorter
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:46 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:the dimensions have not changed this season. I confirmed that with the analyst a few weeks ago.

i said pre season first home game it looked loads shorter

you did. I didn't think it did. I double-checked the dimensions with the analyst, who confirmed.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martian » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:54 pm

so we are one of 7 clubs in League 2 with a 64 yard wide pitch - how unremarkable - get used to it Mr Stockdale
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:50 am

It’s legal. Move on.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:40 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
broomo wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Ty come on for Oates who's looked a bit sluggish and made one or two poor decisions.

I said the same thing at half time.

Rhys Oates is a good debate in its own right.

I just don't see a role for him and fail to see what he brings to the side?

To me he's another Jamie Reid, ie 'he's none League for a reason'.
Everything I have seen from him so far has yet to conince me to the contrary.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:25 am

Spiritater wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
broomo wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Ty come on for Oates who's looked a bit sluggish and made one or two poor decisions.

I said the same thing at half time.

Rhys Oates is a good debate in its own right.

I just don't see a role for him and fail to see what he brings to the side?

To me he's another Jamie Reid, ie 'he's none League for a reason'.
Everything I have seen from him so far has yet to conince me to the contrary.

My son said the same about Oates , looked totally out of place from the start , Didn't or couldn't track back or go forward with conviction , and appeared to be uninterested. The only people who didn't immediately suss this was the Manager and his assistant and they finally subbed him with 20 minutes to go...maybe it was part of a devious plan to inject pace and enthusiasm for the last 20 minutes but clearly he shouldn't have been in the starting line up or at best he should have been subbed at half time.
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:47 am

With Oates, he scored 3 goals pre new year last season, and 15 after. Hopefully he will improve with game time and as the season progresses.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:30 am

Should Nathan Bishop have saved Danny Cashman's shot? He gets in a position at the near post but then makes a slght move to the left which seems to throw him off balance and he is then beaten at the near post.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:36 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Should Nathan Bishop have saved Danny Cashman's shot? He gets in a position at the near post but then makes a slght move to the left which seems to throw him off balance and he is then beaten at the near post.

No chance. He has to take the extra step so that he is set for the shot. The ball is past him before he can react.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:49 am

Looking at it again Bishop was set for the shot but then that sight move to his left means he cannot react quick enough with his feet or hands. If he had stayed set then I think he would have saved it.

Conrad would have been blamed for that one :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:55 am

We could be in trouble on Saturday then !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:57 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Looking at it again Bishop was set for the shot but then that sight move to his left means he cannot react quick enough with his feet or hands. If he had stayed set then I think he would have saved it.

Conrad would have been blamed for that one :lol:

I don't think so Darren.

I thought he could've made a better decision last week at Walsall for the third goal. Not necessarily an error and he still would've had a job on saving it, but he rushed out too early IMO. But he did make a great save in the first half so swings and roundabouts.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:06 am

Amber Andy wrote:

I agree Andy, if he sticks with keeping us narrow and compact on the widest pitch in the league then we'll struggle
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:09 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I agree Andy, if he sticks with keeping us narrow and compact on the widest pitch in the league then we'll struggle

We will struggle anyway if Harry Smith is starting. The lads a beast in the air and he'll be pulling onto Hewitt at every opportunity.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum