{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

What do you lot want to achieve?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: What do you lot want to achieve?

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:55 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:7 games played and we've been relegated according to some... classic stagsnet.

I trust the staff and players to turn things around. Its fine to criticise and voice your opinion when its not going well, but some just want us to do badly... you can tell because after the first two games they were no where to be seen.

name me one poster who wants us to do badly ?

stupid statement

The morons only come out when were doing badly, no where to be seen when were doing well, pretty self explanatory as to why...

i’ll ask again then as you didn’t answer my question

please name me a poster that actually wants us to play badly ?……
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:58 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:7 games played and we've been relegated according to some... classic stagsnet.

I trust the staff and players to turn things around. Its fine to criticise and voice your opinion when its not going well, but some just want us to do badly... you can tell because after the first two games they were no where to be seen.

stupid statement

The morons only come out when were doing badly, no where to be seen when were doing well, pretty self explanatory as to why...

being pedantic i’m sure norman gets a hardon everytime we concede.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:15 pm

adamstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

stupid statement

being pedantic i’m sure norman gets a hardon everytime we concede.

i’ve never met Normski however i’ve never read a single post of his hoping we play badly, we all come at Stags from different sides however the one thing that binds us together is our obsession & passion for this football club, we are not in it for the fame or glory we are here because it’s in all our blood :mtfc:

so please don’t make comments like “hope we play badly” cause that’s just silly
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:34 pm

so please don’t make comments like “hope we play badly” cause that’s just silly[/quote]

Norman and gazmoose or whatever the the guy's name is have both hoped for a loss or negative result to get a manager sacked. Both said it when GC was here and it won't be long before their new favourite "negative Nigel" is next. There was a few at it, hoping the next result would be negative or hoping we play badly to put the nail in the coffin.. always followed by celebrations when they see "club statement"

So it's not silly. It's our "fans" being absolute raspberries once again. You're a fool if you say it doesn't happen because it does. They way people on here talk before a game, they thrive on the prospect of something not going to plan.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:57 pm

Sedgwick wrote:so please don’t make comments like “hope we play badly” cause that’s just silly

Norman and gazmoose or whatever the the guy's name is have both hoped for a loss or negative result to get a manager sacked. Both said it when GC was here and it won't be long before their new favourite "negative Nigel" is next. There was a few at it, hoping the next result would be negative or hoping we play badly to put the nail in the coffin.. always followed by celebrations when they see "club statement"

So it's not silly. It's our "fans" being absolute raspberries once again. You're a fool if you say it doesn't happen because it does. They way people on here talk before a game, they thrive on the prospect of something not going to plan.[/quote]

show me a post that says “ i hope we play badly”?

just because someone doesn’t walk round with “I love the manager” doesn’t mean they want MTFC to lose…….i’m pretty confident i’m never read it, not so sure i’m the fool
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:15 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:so please don’t make comments like “hope we play badly” cause that’s just silly

So it's not silly. It's our "fans" being absolute raspberries once again. You're a fool if you say it doesn't happen because it does. They way people on here talk before a game, they thrive on the prospect of something not going to plan.

show me a post that says “ i hope we play badly”?

just because someone doesn’t walk round with “I love the manager” doesn’t mean they want MTFC to lose…….i’m pretty confident i’m never read it, not so sure i’m the fool[/quote]

But the correlation of said posters posters posting when we lose compared to win is undeniable, you don’t see them when we’ve won or played well, maybe those posters just are sad and do it as a wind up.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:49 am

So it's not silly. It's our "fans" being absolute raspberries once again. You're a fool if you say it doesn't happen because it does. They way people on here talk before a game, they thrive on the prospect of something not going to plan.[/quote]

Sedgwick...your so stuck up your own arris its unbelievable!
Obviously your a knowledgeable guy on all things football (certainly more than me) but your opinion is no more relevant than mine or normans.

Nowhere have i said "hope we lose saturday so clough gets sacked" however i did say that possibly he may go on saturday if we lose which i would think was fair.... He has turned a terrible GC side into one thats even worse (didnt think that was possible) we sit 21st in lg2 with seemingly no confidence to improve.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:00 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:

Obviously your a knowledgeable guy on all things football (certainly more than me) but your opinion is no more relevant than mine or normans.

Nowhere have i said "hope we lose saturday so clough gets sacked" however i did say that possibly he may go on saturday if we lose which i would think was fair.... He has turned a terrible GC side into one thats even worse (didnt think that was possible) we sit 21st in lg2 with seemingly no confidence to improve.[/quote]

What you actually said was 'but for me he has to go if we lose Saturday'. No possibly or maybe. Stick by your opinions if that's what you think should happen.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:54 am

told you so !!
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Some really poor quoting technique on this thread!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:24 pm

Rob wrote:Some really poor quoting technique on this thread!

Amateurish
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:57 pm

[quote="bellwhiff"][quote="Rob"]Some really poor quoting technique on this thread![/q

Amateurish[/

Unforgivable
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:24 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:

Nowhere have i said "hope we lose saturday so clough gets sacked" however i did say that possibly he may go on saturday if we lose which i would think was fair.... He has turned a terrible GC side into one thats even worse (didnt think that was possible) we sit 21st in lg2 with seemingly no confidence to improve.
[/quote]

You're far from a fan in my eyes... absolute troll.Not really worth engaging with any of the tripe you come up with when you don't show up when we do well.

When we do well, a player does something good, the manager does something good etc... why do you vanish? Simple answer to it in my eyes.
Last edited by Sedgwick on Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:25 pm

Nowhere have i said "hope we lose saturday so clough gets sacked" however i did say that possibly he may go on saturday if we lose which i would think was fair.... He has turned a terrible GC side into one thats even worse (didnt think that was possible) we sit 21st in lg2 with seemingly no confidence to improve

What you actually said was 'but for me he has to go if we lose Saturday'. No possibly or maybe. Stick by your opinions if that's what you think should happen.

Point proven...What a stupid comment to make. Win Saturday and he wont even log in.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:21 pm

Sack Clough? How the hell have we got here? Who would we bring in?

Cloughs the man. Just got to get going again.

At least when Chris Hughton gets sacked Forest won't come for Clough in our current situation.

It does make you realise how poor we've been when AFC Wimbledon who started from step 9, 19 years ago have already spent 5 years in L1.

Resigned to L2 being our ceiling unfortunately.
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby OllertonStag » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:30 pm

[quote="chip63"][quote="bellwhiff"][quote="Rob"]Some really poor quoting technique on this thread![/q

Amateurish[/

Unforgivable[/quote]

Pet peeve of mine too ;)
OllertonStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:25 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Sack Clough? How the hell have we got here? Who would we bring in?

Cloughs the man. Just got to get going again.

At least when Chris Hughton gets sacked Forest won't come for Clough in our current situation.

It does make you realise how poor we've been when AFC Wimbledon who started from step 9, 19 years ago have already spent 5 years in L1.

Resigned to L2 being our ceiling unfortunately.

Youve contradicted your own comment here.... You say cloughs the man however your also saying were gunna be stuck in lg2 forever!.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby broomo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:46 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:

Nowhere have i said "hope we lose saturday so clough gets sacked" however i did say that possibly he may go on saturday if we lose which i would think was fair.... He has turned a terrible GC side into one thats even worse (didnt think that was possible) we sit 21st in lg2 with seemingly no confidence to improve.[/quote]

If he's more knowedgeable then surely his opinion IS more relevant.

"you know more than me but my opinion is the same value as yours" ???

That's the problem with football and forums in general. People who haven't got a clue get the same voice as those who know what they're talking about.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:13 am

broomo wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

That's the problem with football and forums in general. People who haven't got a clue get the same voice as those who know what they're talking about.[/quote]

Believe me, Sedgwick knows as much about football as any other on here.
Holding the microphone on Rams TV for a year doesn't qualify you, don't let him pull the wool over ya eyes :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:20 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
broomo wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

That's the problem with football and forums in general. People who haven't got a clue get the same voice as those who know what they're talking about.

Believe me, Sedgwick knows as much about football as any other on here.
Holding the microphone on Rams TV for a year doesn't qualify you, don't let him pull the wool over ya eyes :lol:[/quote]

:lol: fair enough
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:43 am

broomo wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

That's the problem with football and forums in general. People who haven't got a clue get the same voice as those who know what they're talking about.[/quote]

That's called freedom of speech fella....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:48 am

We say this forum is about opinions and debate, and a simple one like what do you want to achieve
Why has the manager and other personnel become involved, i understand some expectations might be to ambitious and somemight be for growth and improvement with stability year on year.
It does seem people who have more time on their hands, can influence a post because they post far more than a casual poster.
Once more we move of topic, and some always turn it into a mud slinging match
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:21 am

BOGIES
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:58 am

bear 73 wrote:We say this forum is about opinions and debate, and a simple one like what do you want to achieve
Why has the manager and other personnel become involved, i understand some expectations might be to ambitious and somemight be for growth and improvement with stability year on year.
It does seem people who have more time on their hands, can influence a post because they post far more than a casual poster.

Unfortunatley it will continue to happen whilst posters like Sedgwick, broomo etc try and take the moral high ground on every thread against people like me who happen to think the club is heading downwards instead of upwards.
I'll state again that in my opinion dempster, coughlan & clough have all fallen well sort of my expections of a promotion winning team (thats what i want to achieve... keeping on thread see :D) if cloughie didnt have such a good reputation / cv then he would most certainly be on borrowed time atm.

I dont see any improvement from when coughlan was sacked (again my opinion) so why is it being a 'troll' to expect clough to head the same way? Do you not think carolyn & john i having the same thoughts?.

People keep saying 'yeah but were 7 games in' but what abbout the dross also served up last season? Is that forgotten by you all?.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:04 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
bear 73 wrote:We say this forum is about opinions and debate, and a simple one like what do you want to achieve

Unfortunatley it will continue to happen whilst posters like Sedgwick, broomo etc try and take the moral high ground on every thread against people like me who happen to think the club is heading downwards instead of upwards.
I'll state again that in my opinion dempster, coughlan & clough have all fallen well sort of my expections of a promotion winning team (thats what i want to achieve... keeping on thread see :D) if cloughie didnt have such a good reputation / cv then he would most certainly be on borrowed time atm.

I dont see any improvement from when coughlan was sacked (again my opinion) so why is it being a 'troll' to expect clough to head the same way? Do you not think carolyn & john i having the same thoughts?.

People keep saying 'yeah but were 7 games in' but what abbout the dross also served up last season? Is that forgotten by you all?.

Clough would've finished 9th/10th (can't remember which it was now!) on his ppg last season. That would have been an improvement on the season before and heading in the right direction, so I don't agree that Clough served up dross last season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum