{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

What do you lot want to achieve?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: What do you lot want to achieve?

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:12 am

And don’t forget that he did that with players who were heading for the conference. He improved both performance and results unlike a certain manager a couple of years earlier. Both had similar tasks but at opposite ends of the table. Clough succeeded and that’s why he more than deserves time and patience.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:30 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
bear 73 wrote:We say this forum is about opinions and debate, and a simple one like what do you want to achieve
Why has the manager and other personnel become involved, i understand some expectations might be to ambitious and somemight be for growth and improvement with stability year on year.
It does seem people who have more time on their hands, can influence a post because they post far more than a casual poster.
Once more we move of topic, and some always turn it into a mud slinging match

Unfortunatley it will continue to happen whilst posters like Sedgwick, broomo etc try and take the moral high ground on every thread against people like me who happen to think the club is heading downwards instead of upwards.
I'll state again that in my opinion dempster, coughlan & clough have all fallen well sort of my expections of a promotion winning team (thats what i want to achieve... keeping on thread see :D) if cloughie didnt have such a good reputation / cv then he would most certainly be on borrowed time atm.

I dont see any improvement from when coughlan was sacked (again my opinion) so why is it being a 'troll' to expect clough to head the same way? Do you not think carolyn & john i having the same thoughts?.

People keep saying 'yeah but were 7 games in' but what abbout the dross also served up last season? Is that forgotten by you all?.

It's not a case of taking the moral high ground, it's a case of adding balance to what has been a really depressing place to read and watching folk ready to throw their own club under the bus so early.

I get some stick (off one particularly vocal poster) for not being "one of you" but it always amazes me how quick "proper" fans are at turning on their own.

Can't wait for the threads over the past week or so to be proven to be the wild over reactions they are when we turn the corner and are sitting pretty top 8.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:15 pm

bear 73 wrote:We say this forum is about opinions and debate, and a simple one like what do you want to achieve
Why has the manager and other personnel become involved, i understand some expectations might be to ambitious and somemight be for growth and improvement with stability year on year.
It does seem people who have more time on their hands, can influence a post because they post far more than a casual poster.

Read the first post. Your mate Broomo started this thread saying a core group was anti-Clough, but when asked to name names could only name two, one of which called him out as a liar as he was glad of the appointment. Another one said he was originally against the appointment as he thought NC's methods were outdated but hopes NC will prove him wrong.

Other people have come out time after time saying NC is the man for job long term, no-one wants him sacked, but the defence is a mess at the moment and could carrying on being in a mess for the next two & a half months until January.

He is pretty much the unanimous choice for the job in nearly every posters eyes.
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby broomo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:02 pm

Suttonian wrote:

Read the first post. Your mate Broomo started this thread saying a core group was anti-Clough, but when asked to name names could only name two, one of which called him out as a liar as he was glad of the appointment. Another one said he was originally against the appointment as he thought NC's methods were outdated but hopes NC will prove him wrong.

Other people have come out time after time saying NC is the man for job long term, no-one wants him sacked, but the defence is a mess at the moment and could carrying on being in a mess for the next two & a half months until January.

He is pretty much the unanimous choice for the job in nearly every posters eyes.

He hardly called me a liar.

There is a core group who are anti Clough. Maybe because of my bias I pay more attention to them than you do. It's the same posters time after time.

I could name more than 2 but what's the point.

I fully agree the majority on here are pro and happy to give him the time he needs. My beef isn't with them.

Please, just because you don't notice it, don't look to make me out as a provocative, argumentative liar.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:23 pm

I disagree that we have a core who are anti-Clough. What we do have is a core who are extremely fickle and very impatient. I think you confuse the two broomo.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:48 pm

Suttonian wrote:

A group always think their choice would do better, and reading their post you soon see if they are on board with the new regime, naming names is the last thing Martin wants another name calling rant. The defence making mistakes is their for all to see, but if it goes on till January we would be in a mess.
7 games into a season is far to early, but some fans are playing the blame game, My mate Broomo is just another poster like many who think Clough will come good.
Football fans who share the same values are not mates, but just football fans, and why is their a post called manager, surly this is for sceptics to give their opinions
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Bear

There is no poster called manager. Each poster gains a grading dependant on the number of posts they have made, a status if you like. If you look under each poster name you will see their status, yours has reached ‘first team’. It just denotes how many times they contribute to the board.

I’m sure very very few members (if any) are currently calling for Nigel’s head and just about everyone wants him to succeed (which I’m sure he will).

It may seem that a lot are ganging up on you and Broomo but that certainly isn’t my intention and I’m sure it’s not the intention of most posters. We are just an odd lot and probably take a bit of getting used to. We will question your comments when we disagree but most have no malice towards either of you so please don’t take it to heart.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:43 pm

Sandy the post is our manager and covers 5 pages, I have no problem with other opinions Sandy Seems strange being associated with Broomo, i know you just as well as him.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:49 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

A group always think their choice would do better, and reading their post you soon see if they are on board with the new regime, naming names is the last thing Martin wants another name calling rant. The defence making mistakes is their for all to see, but if it goes on till January we would be in a mess.
7 games into a season is far to early, but some fans are playing the blame game, My mate Broomo is just another poster like many who think Clough will come good.
Football fans who share the same values are not mates, but just football fans, and why is their a post called manager, surly this is for sceptics to give their opinions

Do you mean thread titled 'Our Manager'? It was started because NC said we played well, probably to protect his players, and the OP thought it was a surprising thing to say. Read the third post down on that thread "Mansfield will never ever have a better manager".

If you were referring to that thread I'll counter it with the 'Never Felt More Confident' thread'.

99% of posters trust NC to bring us success, 100% of posters hope he can bring it. There's no need for your constant downer on Mansfield fans just because some of NC's 'mistakes' have been pointed out and you think we're against him.
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bear 73 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:22 pm

Suttonian wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

Do you mean thread titled 'Our Manager'? It was started because NC said we played well, probably to protect his players, and the OP thought it was a surprising thing to say. Read the third post down on that thread "Mansfield will never ever have a better manager".

If you were referring to that thread I'll counter it with the 'Never Felt More Confident' thread'.

99% of posters trust NC to bring us success, 100% of posters hope he can bring it. There's no need for your constant downer on Mansfield fans just because some of NC's 'mistakes' have been pointed out and you think we're against him.

Why should i be against Mansfield fans, they are brilliant, and the knowledge of some to point out his mistakes is amazing, any body reading our manager can make their own judgement
and fans supporting the manager says it all, and i agree with them, so i do not agree with certain posters gives you the platform to become the spokesman for all mansfield fans
beggars believe. i will judge the manager in May, not 7 games in, and my comments on his actions will remain in the relevant posts , Our manager the title speaks for its self.
So do not try to turn my post into any comment about the fans, i support the club, manager and staff and players like our fans do.
We are all struggling at the moment and hoping for better times, but most of us are staying
positive
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:44 pm

Norman wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:There's a core group who've been anti Nige since the start. I noticed them very early on my time on here and had crossed words with a few even then.

They are now pretending they were patient but after this latest run of defeats are losing faith.

Total raspberrys, they never had faith in the first place.

What do you want? Do you want him fired? If so you're even dafter than I though, and I thought you were very daft even then.

I've just walked through the door after leaving my house at half 5 this morning and I'm as pissed off and disappointed as anyone but for christ sakes get a grip.

We can't sign any new players until January, barring free agents.

I don't care how poor you think his signings were and I agree Hewitt and Nartey both look like liabilities but no manager can legislate for the kind of mistakes those two and others made today.

You could be the worst player in the world and stiĺl not make the kind of schoolboy errors the defenders are making.

Today the first thing we have to deal with is a long ball over the top that should have been cleared long before it got into the danger area. Unforgivable.

The second is the corner when even after missing the first header we've enough bodies back to at least make it difficult.

We're 2 down and we've given ourselves nothing to build on, nothing to cling to and a mountain to climb.

Then after half time we're attacking, both Macca and Ty have 3 chances to put the ball in their box, neither do, another long ball, some really piss weak defending by Nartey and we're 3 down with all hope gone.

Nowt to do with tactics, formation or style of play, just players not doing their jobs at the most basic level. Unforgivable.

Right now I don't care if either Hewitt or Nartey ever play for us again but to suggest it's NC's fault for signing them is ridiculous.

There is no way a professional player at any level can make the kind of mistakes those 2 made but today every single player (with the exception of Hawkins and Bishop) was just disastrous

We need Perch back, we need Clarke and Quinn back and we certainly could do with .Forrester being a real no nonsense central defender.

Those who think Menayesse is the answer are clearly (and maybe deliberately) forgetting he was one of 2 ever presents in Coughlans side and was responsible together with Stech and Sweeney for some absolute howlers.

How do we turn this around?

We win 2 games and soon. It's that simple.

A shout out today for the majority of the fans, who were magnificent but a note that we also have our share of total raspberries.

If you are the bearded bloke in the home top who was screaming "you're a flipping raspberry" at any and every player within earshot, you're a flipping embarrassment of a human being, never mind as a fan.

Find a better way to criticise than that. It's pathetic..

Hang on son. Don’t come in here after two minutes shooting the gob.

Name the people who you think are anti NC and have been from the start. I can’t think of one person who didn’t applaud his appointment. I think you’ll struggle to find anyone who doesn’t think he’s the best manager for the job still. This is where YOUR true colours are coming out.

You’re not a Mansfield fan.

I won't get dragged into another slagging match with someone who comments so much but hardly ever attends.

You're quick to single out some of the same posters I am singling out and that's ok 'cos it's you who does it?

Posters like Norm, Johnny H and one or two others I'd rather keep my powder dry on.

You keep calling me and Bear johnny come lately's?

I'd rather be that than a johnny go rarely.

See you at the Rochdale game?

Liar ! I've never been anti Clough since the start I applauded his arrival or do you get off on having a dig at me?

So who was he calling a liar, Broomo?
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby broomo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:08 pm

Didn't notice that.

Don't over care.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:24 am

Suttonian wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

Exactly
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Johnny H » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:14 am

diablo wrote:
Suttonian wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

Exactly

This !!!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:33 am

Perch being out for the season causes us a big problem.The lad from Stoke may prove to be good.We will have to wait and see.Rawson will play in the foreseeable future.The January window will be important as we need at least new defenders right and left backs,The midfield and strikers are certainly good enough at the present time.No point in getting rid of Clough although I am surprised at the performances of Nartey and Hewitt.Will take a draw today and move on.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum