{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Defensive frailties

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Defensive frailties

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:14 pm

please keep the discussion about the team, the players, the manager, the club, the ground, etc etc etc, and do not be confrontational about and to other users.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby chip63 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:32 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:please keep the discussion about the team, the players, the manager, the club, the ground, etc etc etc, and do not be confrontational about and to other users.

Am I allowed to say your homework is late Shaw.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:40 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
KirkbyStag2 wrote:
Johnny H wrote:The season we got relegated it was certainly not Jason White's fault we went down.
He only played around 14 or 15 games that season and kept 5 or 6 clean sheets.
We were already well doomed when the freak goal went in against Rotherham....and many of the best GK's in the world have conceded goals like that since

If we had drawn 0-0 v Rotherham, instead of losing 0-1 from a goal hit from near the dug outs (Bishop Street side), this would have been the league table,

.................PLD....PTS.....GD
Dag & Red...45......46......-23
Stags..........45......43.....-17
Wrexham....45......37......-34

So a Stags win at Dag & Red on the last day of the season would have been enough for Stags to stay up on goal difference.

That dreadful goal v Rotherham was crucial and was the nail in the coffin.

Spot on. That goal was a gut wrencher, and very significant in our demise.

We wouldn't have beaten Dagenham.

Painful as relegation was, it lanced the Haslam boil.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:42 pm

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
KirkbyStag2 wrote:
Johnny H wrote:The season we got relegated it was certainly not Jason White's fault we went down.
He only played around 14 or 15 games that season and kept 5 or 6 clean sheets.
We were already well doomed when the freak goal went in against Rotherham....and many of the best GK's in the world have conceded goals like that since

If we had drawn 0-0 v Rotherham, instead of losing 0-1 from a goal hit from near the dug outs (Bishop Street side), this would have been the league table,

.................PLD....PTS.....GD
Dag & Red...45......46......-23
Stags..........45......43.....-17
Wrexham....45......37......-34

So a Stags win at Dag & Red on the last day of the season would have been enough for Stags to stay up on goal difference.

That dreadful goal v Rotherham was crucial and was the nail in the coffin.

Spot on. That goal was a gut wrencher, and very significant in our demise.

We wouldn't have beaten Dagenham.

Painful as relegation was, it lanced the Haslam boil.
We would have had a good go at it.The Rotherham game finished us. You are right about Haslam though.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:46 pm

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Rollin Menayese should not have been allowed to join Walsall on loan until we had recruited a quality fit replacement. If we still had Rollin in the squad on transfer deadline day then I do not think Nigel Clough would have allowed him to leave the building bearing in mind Richard Nartey was carrying a knock and Will Forrester was injured. Sam Hughes was also injured.

100pc spot on. Wonder what Don Howe will have to say about that.

Can't resist having a little dig can you?

I know who's posts I'd rather read and who's knowledge I trust more.

Hint, it's not yours Parky's or the trolls.

So anyone who doesn't join the Nigel love in, you're so predictable. :lol: :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:11 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Rollin Menayese should not have been allowed to join Walsall on loan until we had recruited a quality fit replacement. If we still had Rollin in the squad on transfer deadline day then I do not think Nigel Clough would have allowed him to leave the building bearing in mind Richard Nartey was carrying a knock and Will Forrester was injured. Sam Hughes was also injured.

So anyone who doesn't join the Nigel love in, you're so predictable. :lol: :lol:

says one of the most repetitive posters.

Got my bingo dauber ready for the "shocking management" tripe again on Saturday.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

says one of the most repetitive posters.

Got my bingo dauber ready for the "shocking management" tripe again on Saturday.

Pure gold coming from Stagsnets Don Howe.

I shall await your repetitive apologist tripe for the shocking management.

It's a "dobber" by the way, didn't you frequent The Granada
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:35 pm

if you're just going to bicker and confront other users, then don't post please.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby broomo » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:03 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:if you're just going to bicker and confront other users, then don't post please.

Sort it out then Martin.

Gaz, Parkinson and Bell are responsible for 90% of the arguments on here. At least one of them is clearly a troll.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:14 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

I honestly don’t care what you think, superfan. So why bother telling me?

Don’t you need to get to bed? You’ve got to get up an hour before you go to bed so you can skateboard to Orient and then moon walk back. Legend.

Glad to see you're finally starting to appreciate the effort I put in.

If you can find me a coach and then transport to get me back across London quick enough to get home sooner I'd be happy to take it.

You could always come and say hello at the ground... Oh I forgot, you won't be watching AGAIN.

Enjoy your "holibobs" won't you?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:32 am

broomo wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:if you're just going to bicker and confront other users, then don't post please.

Sort it out then Martin.

Gaz, Parkinson and Bell are responsible for 90% of the arguments on here. At least one of them is clearly a troll.

Like i've said hundreds of times on here... You cannot simply brand someone a troll for having an opinion on something!

A troll is someone who sits on-line all day hurling abuse at somebody... Not someone who thinks Nigel clough has made a complete balls up of managing MTFC and wants to share his opinion.

For Martin to 'sort it out' would mean taking half of stagsnet away!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:07 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
broomo wrote:

Sort it out then Martin.

Like i've said hundreds of times on here... You cannot simply brand someone a troll for having an opinion on something!

A troll is someone who sits on-line all day hurling abuse at somebody... Not someone who thinks Nigel clough has made a complete balls up of managing MTFC and wants to share his opinion.

For Martin to 'sort it out' would mean taking half of stagsnet away!
Isn't that what you are doing ? Sitting on line, hurling abuse at NC ? Seems that way to me pal. You seem to lack the ability or inclination to post anything remotely positive.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:00 am

a message board is about discussion & opinions, just because fans don’t agree doesn’t mean they need sorting out, debate your point, enjoy the banter or just block if you can’t stand the heat, however a world of Stagsnet with every fan agreeing is never going to happen!
i enjoy arguing !
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:11 am

yorkshire stag wrote:a message board is about discussion & opinions, just because fans don’t agree doesn’t mean they need sorting out, debate your point, enjoy the banter or just block if you can’t stand the heat, however a world of Stagsnet with every fan agreeing is never going to happen!
i enjoy arguing !

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing. It's about the constant sniping.

Look at how many times since yesterday Parky or Bellwhiff have called Sedgwick Stagsnets Don Howe. All because he disagrees with their constant whining.

As soon as anyone dares to disagree out come the insults and then folk wonder why arguments start.

They are both like a dog with a bone. It's both childish and annoying.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:30 am

broomo wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:a message board is about discussion & opinions, just because fans don’t agree doesn’t mean they need sorting out, debate your point, enjoy the banter or just block if you can’t stand the heat, however a world of Stagsnet with every fan agreeing is never going to happen!
i enjoy arguing !

Look at how many times since yesterday Parky or Bellwhiff have called Sedgwick Stagsnets Don Howe. All because he disagrees with their constant whining.

As soon as anyone dares to disagree out come the insults and then folk wonder why arguments start.

Has always been thus with whiffy I'm afraid, been on here years and he's always been the same.
To have a bee in your bonnet about him isn't worth the trouble. He loves the fact he winds you up.
If you just ignore him he'll eventually get bored and go back to arguing on t'politics forum.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:50 am

broomo wrote:
i enjoy arguing !

Oh the utter utter irony of that comment. Up you’ve rocked, flounced off at least twice because someone had the temerity to have a different opinion to you and even though you’re not a fan of OUR club, you’re now attempting to dictate to the board moderator what is and isn’t allowed ? Just how big is that ego of yours ?
You might want to consider your own posts sunshine. You castigate me for pushing back and insulting, but you do the exact same thing, just not as well.

Like I said before, you’re just a transit instance. You’re not here for the club. If NC left then you’re off too. Do you kiss the badge too ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:09 am

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
i enjoy arguing !

Oh the utter utter irony of that comment. Up you’ve rocked, flounced off at least twice because someone had the temerity to have a different opinion to you and even though you’re not a fan of OUR club, you’re now attempting to dictate to the board moderator what is and isn’t allowed ? Just how big is that ego of yours ?
You might want to consider your own posts sunshine. You castigate me for pushing back and insulting, but you do the exact same thing, just not as well.

Like I said before, you’re just a transit instance. You’re not here for the club. If NC left then you’re off too. Do you kiss the badge too ?

This is similar to that time I asked you how many players we'd signed from Burton, you went off on one, didn't answer the question then tried to blame me for having the balls to come back at you.

How many players had we signed from Burton? What a nasty, raspberry question to ask eh?

It's the same this time. All I said was "can't resist having a little dig" and out you come with the superfan, legend, not a fan of this club raspberrys.

You talk about ego?

Why can't you just reply and leave it at that, why do you always have to end a post with a dig at someone, anyone?

I'd love to meet you in real life to see if you really are as annoying and constantly picking fights with everyone as you do on here.

I know, it's never your fault. You're just a victim in all of this.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:09 am

if you're just going to bicker and confront other users, then don't post please. Stop now. I've asked enough times now.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:15 am

Martin Shaw wrote:if you're just going to bicker and confront other users, then don't post please. Stop now. I've asked enough times now.

That’s fair enough but he just always seems to get the last pop in.

And Broomo, I’m always happy to say hi. I was there last weekend. Why not offer to meet then?

Anyway.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:24 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:if you're just going to bicker and confront other users, then don't post please. Stop now. I've asked enough times now.

That’s fair enough but he just always seems to get the last pop in.

And Broomo, I’m always happy to say hi. I was there last weekend. Why not offer to meet then?

Anyway.

You were busy with the grand kids. It didn't feel like the right time to say hello.

I usually sit same row 3 or 4 seats away from Martin and the analyst, right hand side of the stairs as you go up.

I'm the one without the Mansfield shirt on.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:51 am

Firstly I have no issue with either broomo or bellwhiff I find one informative and one hilarious so fills two needs in my life...
As a side note to this rather amusing back and forth I was wondering , are we the ONLY club in the football league to have not one but two "fans" of the manager but not the club ?

Cant many "fans" of Derek Adams but not Bradford...

Must be a record surely...

Anyway to not upset Martin our defense is Ross Dyer....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:50 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Firstly I have no issue with either broomo or bellwhiff I find one informative and one hilarious so fills two needs in my life...
As a side note to this rather amusing back and forth I was wondering , are we the ONLY club in the football league to have not one but two "fans" of the manager but not the club ?

I thought Ross Dyer was very effective in our conference play off season and don’t understand why he is so maligned.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:57 am

Because forward score lots and lots of goal. If no then no good.

You could clearly see the role Ross was being asked to play and its not conductive to him scoring a ton of goals or getting many chances. It was however one that created chances for others, either directly creating them or indirectly by giving the ball to someone who then created the chance.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:29 am

part time pete wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Firstly I have no issue with either broomo or bellwhiff I find one informative and one hilarious so fills two needs in my life...

I thought Ross Dyer was very effective in our conference play off season and don’t understand why he is so maligned.
I thought so too.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 am

only on here could a play on the word "Dire" create a debate on the effectiveness of our forward line in the conference...

Peak Stagsnet....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum