{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Paul Nyland

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Paul Nyland

Postby The One » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:07 pm

Leaving the club at end of month.
The One
Manager
Manager

Re: Paul Nyland

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:14 pm

Good servant to the club and a great bloke.

Good luck in the future
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Yes top man, wish him well in the future.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:51 pm

A great bloke. Gonna miss you. Take good care.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:12 pm

All the best Paul.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:47 pm

To think it all started with the 12th stag and a hole in the Bishop Street stand roof.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Teapot » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:21 pm

Shocked to read this. Paul has been worth his weight in gold since he has been at the club for the amount of revenue generated. Stags through and through. Good luck for the future mate.
Teapot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby the saint » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:49 pm

good luck ... Paul was nice meeting you ...
the saint
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby the saint » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:51 pm

anyone know why he's leaving ...
the saint
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:18 pm

the saint wrote:anyone know why he's leaving ...

No, but he’s put a post on Facebook saying it’s the hardest decision he’s had to make but looking forward to the future.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:24 pm

First customer liason Danielle, now Paul? Something fishy behind the scenes?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:00 pm

Great bloke and had a relaxed view of things and was not pushy or showy. Wish him well
Bon voyage
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:01 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:First customer liason Danielle, now Paul? Something fishy behind the scenes?

Think it’s called restructuring it happens , upmost respect for Paul did a lot of work raising money in the dark days .. Good luck to him whatever his next venture involves .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:First customer liason Danielle, now Paul? Something fishy behind the scenes?

Think it’s called restructuring it happens , upmost respect for Paul did a lot of work raising money in the dark days .. Good luck to him whatever his next venture involves .

I’m not sure it’s restructuring. It appears it’s Paul’s decision to leave and he is being replaced so same structure.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

It looks to me like Paul wants to have a go at something else to be fair. His decision. I don’t think for one minute he has been forced out due to restructuring.
I personally wish Paul all the best. I have had many dealings with Paul through my company and he has always delivered.
Can’t speak highly enough of this man.
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby the saint » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:37 pm

Tess Tickle wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

It looks to me like Paul wants to have a go at something else to be fair. His decision. I don’t think for one minute he has been forced out due to restructuring.
I personally wish Paul all the best. I have had many dealings with Paul through my company and he has always delivered.
Can’t speak highly enough of this man.
Good post ...
the saint
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby HU7stag » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:22 pm

All the very best to Paul.

I've noticed from the advert for Paul's replacement that those interested in the job should apply for the attention of an Alex Sherriff. Being curious, I Googled her name name and from her Linked in page she has listed herself as a HR Manager at One Call Insurance and a director at MTFC.

I can't recall reading anything of her appointment? HitchcocksShins might be right with regards to something happening behind the scenes. Maybe Alex Sherriff has ruffled a few feathers, who knows?

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2021/september/vacancy-commercial-executive/

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/alexsherriff

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00181839/officers
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:05 pm

HU7stag wrote:All the very best to Paul.

I've noticed from the advert for Paul's replacement that those interested in the job should apply for the attention of an Alex Sherriff. Being curious, I Googled her name name and from her Linked in page she has listed herself as a HR Manager at One Call Insurance and a director at MTFC.

I can't recall reading anything of her appointment? HitchcocksShins might be right with regards to something happening behind the scenes. Maybe Alex Sherriff has ruffled a few feathers, who knows?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00181839/officers

Tippy Tappy can probably tell us more. But the MTFC company secretary has been from One Call for several years. So nothing new here I don't think.

Not to be confused with the Football Secretary who is Diane Ceney (she was featured on the video last week).
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:37 pm

Her role, on the gov.uk says its "Hr director" and "secretary"

Looking at the job listing. "9-5 Mon-Friday with the addition of all home matchdays" that's alot of time. Maybe he wants reduced hours. Would a Tuesday be 9am-10pm?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:49 pm

Had some great times at the Stags with Paul both home and away, especially Brentford away for the weekend.
One of the nicest blokes you could get to know and always thought the job was made for him.
Whatever he does I wish him well and know he will still do anything he can to help the club.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:57 pm

All the best to Paul, a true gent.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sharp » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:06 am

Paul has done a great job in the last 10 years. It's easy to forget how the club was set up commercially before he took over and the huge strides we have made over that time. I'm sure he will be a big miss, and hope we still see him around in his new (old) role as a fan. Good luck for the future mate.
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby west country stag » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:44 am

Good luck for the future Paul , sorry to hear your leaving the Stags family .
Best Wishes ....
West Country Stag
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:39 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
HU7stag wrote:All the very best to Paul.

Tippy Tappy can probably tell us more. But the MTFC company secretary has been from One Call for several years. So nothing new here I don't think.

Not to be confused with the Football Secretary who is Diane Ceney (she was featured on the video last week).

Ok, thanks.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:51 am

Echo everything everyone has said about Paul. The thing about him was he was a fan like us and was always prepared to help and sort things out just when you kind of thought the club didn't totally care.

He did....my personal thanks for the time at Stags and for whatever his next position is.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum