{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Warsaw scorethread sponsored by Tyskie

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Warsaw scorethread sponsored by Tyskie

Postby Bradders » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:36 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:That game was over in the first 6 minutes.

We need to look for a couple of experienced unattached centre halves and pay them whatever they ask for. How we only conceded three, I will never know. The main problem is that it is destroying confidence throughout the team and that needs stopping straight away before its fatal.

If we can’t get anyone in, he needs to play Hawkins and Rawson at the back with Johnson and Oates up front. I think we would still be mediocre at that but better than the current shambles.

The last five minutes proved that they can play, but they didn't seem to have the passion and commitment until then. It's surprising that we're in such a state, and obviously it's self inflicted, but I believe that Clough is still the right man for the job.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:36 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:I think with Stirk, Nartey and signing an injured player in Forrester its the worst deadline day in my living memory and I'm getting on

Stirk wasn't signed on deadline day.

Ok, transfer window you pedantic Dick

Are you saying that it was the worst transfer window in your living memory?

I must admit George my memory is shocking and I'm sure someone will dredge up worse ones :lol: however you've got to admit it's been pretty bad.

I certainly can't remember signing someone you know is injured and won't play for a while, that's verging on irresponsible idiocy

This is the danger for a club with our policy of not signing knee jerk or un researched players.
Surely signing two keepers without asking the goalkeeping coach for his view is as crazy.
Forester is, only a loan signing and is said to be ready next week.

The window was mixed - some good youth for the future, three quality players up front and two good keepers.
The issue is that our top three out of our four choices for centre half didn't come and the fourth looks a disaster zone.
Perch's injury couldn't have come at a worse time
Last edited by georgefostersbeard on Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:40 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Cloughie sounds lost to me. Same interview week on week.

He knows the missed targets in the summer have cost us. He knows. Given himself a lot of hard work to do.

Can guarantee defenders signing in January.

He said that ? If so then I’m losing faith because he’s had a whole flipping summer to sort this out and currently it looks like he’s made it worse. The much vaunted procurement set up is a load of dog toffee.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:42 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Cloughie sounds lost to me. Same interview week on week.

He knows the missed targets in the summer have cost us. He knows. Given himself a lot of hard work to do.

Can guarantee defenders signing in January.

He said that ? If so then I’m losing faith because he’s had a whole flipping summer to sort this out and currently it looks like he’s made it worse. The much vaunted procurement set up is a load of dog toffee.

spot on, messed up big time
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:43 pm

Bradders wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:That game was over in the first 6 minutes.

We need to look for a couple of experienced unattached centre halves and pay them whatever they ask for. How we only conceded three, I will never know. The main problem is that it is destroying confidence throughout the team and that needs stopping straight away before its fatal.

If we can’t get anyone in, he needs to play Hawkins and Rawson at the back with Johnson and Oates up front. I think we would still be mediocre at that but better than the current shambles.

The last five minutes proved that they can play, but they didn't seem to have the passion and commitment until then. It's surprising that we're in such a state, and obviously it's self inflicted, but I believe that Clough is still the right man for the job.

I agree Clough is the right man but in respect of the last five minutes, we’re Walsall really bothered at that point?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:44 pm

I must admit George my memory is shocking and I'm sure someone will dredge up worse ones :lol: however you've got to admit it's been pretty bad.

I certainly can't remember signing someone you know is injured and won't play for a while, that's verging on irresponsible idiocy[/quote]

This is the danger for a club with our policy of not signing knee jerk or un researched players.
Surely signing two keepers without asking the goalkeeping coach for his view is as crazy.
Forester is, only a loan signing and is said to be ready next week.

The window was mixed - some good youth for the future, three quality players up front and two good keepers.
The issue is that our top three out of our four choices for centre half didn't come and the fourth looks a disaster zone.
Percy's injury couldn't have come at a worse time[/quote]

You're a bit more positive and forgiving than me George.
I don't think Perch is the answer and I don't think Clough wanted him at CH all season but once again the fact we need him back highlights the poor window
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:52 pm

That was dreadful, what a waste of time! Should have stayed at home and cleaned the house instead.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:57 pm

The positive was the Stags fans, who impressed the Walsall commentary team enormously with their antics and the way they kept on going despite the team's efforts to ruin the trip. The tiger was a nice touch.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:01 pm

We've no proper senior left back, our best right back happens to be our best centre back and our 2nd best centre back people were happy he got dropped last week. Now they want him back in. Careful what you wish for. Perch should be 1st choice right back and Rawson should be 3rd choice centre back and Macca should be 2nd choice left back.

We need to stop all this "Jack of all positions master of none" recruitment policy. Every player is described as "versatile" Where's the versatility? I don't care what position they played in for the under 8s

One thing I noted today was Hewitt and Nartey would both fit inside Monte's shirt at the same time. Not saying he's fat he's just a big bulky lad.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag on Trent » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:21 pm

It's time Cloughie played James Clarke. Oh, I forgot he's a natural defender-we don't play players in their natural positions. Do,we? He's the best right back at the club and can also hold his own in central defence. He certainly can't do any worse than those our esteemed manager plays. I also think it's time that Cloughie accepted his mistakes and responsibilities instead of blaming players he has signed and picked for the team.
Stag on Trent
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:29 pm

Didn’t seem to me like Nartey is up with the pace of the league, almost like either he thought he has more time on the ball than he does, or thinks that he’s too good for it and he’ll be able to get himself out of trouble if he needs to. Twice today in the second half the ball was coming towards him and he took a step towards the ball with the aim of committing the striker before aiming to drop back as the ball goes past him, both times he got out done by Miller, the first for the goal. He’s going to be having nightmares about Miller tonight.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:43 pm

Marky Mark wrote:Didn’t seem to me like Nartey is up with the pace of the league, almost like either he thought he has more time on the ball than he does, or thinks that he’s too good for it and he’ll be able to get himself out of trouble if he needs to. Twice today in the second half the ball was coming towards him and he took a step towards the ball with the aim of committing the striker before aiming to drop back as the ball goes past him, both times he got out done by Miller, the first for the goal. He’s going to be having nightmares about Miller tonight.

Miller beating Nartey when he was favourite to get to the ball was schoolboy defending, I couldn't believe what I was watching and Ive never seen Rawson or Sweeney beaten that easily... Nartey hesitated, let it run past him, was then second to the ball, easily brushed aside and its a lovely 1v1 for their lad. Pearce used to mop up situations like that with his strength.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:11 pm

You could of called it Sunday League defending ,but that would have been an insult to the Sunday League.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:19 pm

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -mansfield

That second goal and third goal are unforgivable (corners repeated theme and sure Nartey got slower when he started running!). First goal is a typical div 4
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:30 pm

My days. Awful. I am better than Hewitt and Nartley and I have zero pace
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:31 pm

Rawson and sweeney miles better pairing
No doubt at all.

So poor
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:07 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Rawson and sweeney miles better pairing
No doubt at all.

So poor

Was thinking with a confident keeper behind them they would have been ok
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:17 pm

Bradders wrote:The positive was the Stags fans, who impressed the Walsall commentary team enormously with their antics and the way they kept on going despite the team's efforts to ruin the trip. The tiger was a nice touch.

I Say this year after year... They really do not deserve the away followings they get!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:22 pm

Pressure building on Clough now
He has lost 5 in row albeit one was a pony cup
Defence unlikely to improve much
A lot must be resting on Forrester… poor lad
He might decide to stay at Stoke
Can Clough turn it around
Not sure the Burton dream is re building itself with the Stags
JR might be having a sleepless night soon
Turning out JR cash has been squandered again
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:23 am

tillydog123 wrote:Pressure building on Clough now

We do not have a big budget.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:01 am

Sedgwick wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Pressure building on Clough now

We do not have a big budget.

It’s probably top 7 if I were to guess, think you can call that big.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:01 am

Losing away from home in football they call it home advantage, but the way we defended was criminal ,,long balls into our area should be meat and drink for defenders.
Certainly we have a weak spine, and defence needs protection which playing on the front foot leaves our full backs exposed, and our central defenders no protection,
Defending corners and free kicks are poor, perhaps a defensive midfielder to protect our frail central defenders.
The Stags fans were great
Not a lot of positives we are being out muscled by root one football, 20th looks bad but only 3 points off 8th position, still a lot of work to do, we are in a rut.
3 major players missing, and a defence that needs sorting
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:33 pm

I have just managed to bring myself to watch the Sky footage from yesterday. Far worse than I remember live.

Forget formations and tactics - goals 1 and 3 were personal errors much like we saw last season, What happened to the centre halves mantra ' protect your goal at all costs'. Hewitt and Nartey should be locked in a room and made to watch that fiasco and then explain to NC exactly what was going through their heads.

For the second there does seem to be a height mismatch but once again an individual error.

But it's our club , we have no choice who we support and we keep on keeping on . COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:43 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Yep, supporters shafted again. Rudderless rubbish and its getting worse, week to week. Wonder if the Port Vale director of football fancies a challenge?

Yes let’s bring him back to complete his hat trick of failure. :roll: :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:56 pm

Dan wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Yep, supporters shafted again. Rudderless rubbish and its getting worse, week to week. Wonder if the Port Vale director of football fancies a challenge?

Yes let’s bring him back to complete his hat trick of failure. :roll: :roll:

As opposed to the even bigger failures since.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum