{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Warsaw scorethread sponsored by Tyskie

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Warsaw scorethread sponsored by Tyskie

Postby The One » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:58 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Dan wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Yep, supporters shafted again. Rudderless rubbish and its getting worse, week to week. Wonder if the Port Vale director of football fancies a challenge?

Yes let’s bring him back to complete his hat trick of failure. :roll: :roll:

As opposed to the even bigger failures since.

Yes, fighting relegation since he left.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:11 pm

Dan you are a right idiot on this Flitcroft thing. Highest position in the League for years and because you dont like the man you slag him off as a failure. Give your head a shake man.
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Beyond The Pale » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:27 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Dan you are a right idiot on this Flitcroft thing. Highest position in the League for years and because you dont like the man you slag him off as a failure. Give your head a shake man.

Oh dear, now you've done it!
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:29 pm

The One wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dan wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Yep, supporters shafted again. Rudderless rubbish and its getting worse, week to week. Wonder if the Port Vale director of football fancies a challenge?

Yes, fighting relegation since he left.

Hopefully there'll be no fighting relegation this season.

Apparently our lot were fighting Millwall after the game on Saturday.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:34 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Dan you are a right idiot on this Flitcroft thing. Highest position in the League for years and because you dont like the man you slag him off as a failure. Give your head a shake man.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:42 pm

I wouldn't say Dan is an idiot for having an opinion.

I mean, he's wrong but that doesn't make him an idiot ;) :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:07 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Dan wrote:

With the players at his disposal, budget, overnight stays etc etc he is as big a failure as any of the others.
Still in the same division when he departed, and even though folk protest they know he blew it twice.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:32 pm

scotsstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dan wrote:

With the players at his disposal, budget, overnight stays etc etc he is as big a failure as any of the others.
Still in the same division when he departed, and even though folk protest they know he blew it twice.

The voice of reason.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 pm

Bwahahaha.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:48 pm

During flitcrofts reign at least the football was great to watch , there was a buz and a positivity about the place . I will support Clough and the stags always but is it enjoyable going to matches at this present time .? It’s a NO from me .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:33 pm

CassellsCap wrote:During flitcrofts reign at least the football was great to watch , there was a buz and a positivity about the place . I will support Clough and the stags always but is it enjoyable going to matches at this present time .? It’s a NO from me .

For about two months when we had that purple patch it was.

It's still a long season and we're only in September. We will improve im sure of it
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:42 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:During flitcrofts reign at least the football was great to watch , there was a buz and a positivity about the place . I will support Clough and the stags always but is it enjoyable going to matches at this present time .? It’s a NO from me .

It's still a long season and we're only in September. We will improve im sure of it

We can't get much worse.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:46 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Yeah 2 months. Ignore we went 17 games unbeaten, or lost once in our first 24 games. Sat in autos for most of the season. Receiving plaudits from opponents for our attractive style etc etc.

Which 2 months was the purple patch? Lost 1 league game in the first 24 games. Surely that's the sign of a good manager if they only play well for 2 months but end up in the top 4 throughout the season. The quality dwindled once injuries set in, White, Olejnik, Rose. Also when Derby played silly buggers with Timi Elsnik.

Ignore that Pearce said in an interview that Evans abandoning ship destroyed morale. Its Flitcroft fault even though in the last 12 games most of the sides were in the hunt for the play offs. 2 transfer windows high earners of no use, who refused to move on (their right but Evans gave those deals out). High earners on the physio table.

That's failure. So Clough failed last season (Bolton proved when he took over promotion was possible and were in a similar position to us). What do we do if he fails this season?

So if Clough doesn't get us promoted this season, Bobby and Dan should want him goine for twice failing, unless they are hypocrites.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:15 am

gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Yeah 2 months. Ignore we went 17 games unbeaten, or lost once in our first 24 games. Sat in autos for most of the season. Receiving plaudits from opponents for our attractive style etc etc.

Which 2 months was the purple patch? Lost 1 league game in the first 24 games. Surely that's the sign of a good manager if they only play well for 2 months but end up in the top 4 throughout the season. The quality dwindled once injuries set in, White, Olejnik, Rose. Also when Derby played silly buggers with Timi Elsnik.

Ignore that Pearce said in an interview that Evans abandoning ship destroyed morale. Its Flitcroft fault even though in the last 12 games most of the sides were in the hunt for the play offs. 2 transfer windows high earners of no use, who refused to move on (their right but Evans gave those deals out). High earners on the physio table.

That's failure. So Clough failed last season (Bolton proved when he took over promotion was possible and were in a similar position to us). What do we do if he fails this season?

So if Clough doesn't get us promoted this season, Bobby and Dan should want him goine for twice failing, unless they are hypocrites.

Wow you’ve really got a hard on for him still haven’t you?!

Look at the bold text and understand that this is why he failed. Twice. Then try and get over it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:57 am

gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Living in a dream world mate, even if we finished mid table with Clough I wouldn't want him gone. I'm one for a bit of patience and giving him the time to build something over more than two transfer windows.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:37 am

Only one poster who gets all tumescent at the mention of Flitcroft. Like a jilted ex.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:47 am

bellwhiff wrote:Only one poster who gets all tumescent at the mention of Flitcroft. Like a jilted ex.

Yep, & every time Flitcroft is mentioned he's on it quick time. Tedious.
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:08 am

I agree, time to stop it now gazza people are getting fed up ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:24 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Living in a dream world mate, even if we finished mid table with Clough I wouldn't want him gone. I'm one for a bit of patience and giving him the time to build something over more than two transfer windows.

Thats my point. All Flitcroft got was 2 windows. Got us 8th and then improved to 4th, seeing as he's blamed for both finishes. Went from highest finish in this league since 03/04 to highest placed finish since 01/02. Not good enough for some they'd rather we were in a relegation scrap it would seem.

By the way neither would I want him sacked if we finished mid table. He's just got to improve.

Dan, it's not a case of a "hard on" for him. Best football for ages (my opinion), best finished for years on 2 transfer windows, hamstrung by previous manager's scattergun signings, 4 players in team of the season. I thought it was worth a shot for another season. So we sack him and appoint the kids gaffer and it goes belly up.

Basically the powers that be thought it was so easy with the squad Flitcroft had they let Dempster have a go and he failed spectacularly.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:26 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Thats my point. All Flitcroft got was 2 windows. Got us 8th and then improved to 4th, seeing as he's blamed for both finishes. Went from highest finish in this league since 03/04 to highest placed finish since 01/02. Not good enough for some they'd rather we were in a relegation scrap it would seem.

By the way neither would I want him sacked if we finished mid table. He's just got to improve.

Dan, it's not a case of a "hard on" for him. Best football for ages (my opinion), best finished for years on 2 transfer windows, hamstrung by previous manager's scattergun signings, 4 players in team of the season. I thought it was worth a shot for another season. So we sack him and appoint the kids gaffer and it goes belly up.

Basically the powers that be thought it was so easy with the squad Flitcroft had they let Dempster have a go and he failed spectacularly.

and fwiw, I didn't want Flitcroft sacked I'd have given him one more year but we seriously have to move on now.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:38 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Not exactly, his ppg across those 12 games would have been good enough for 21st position in that league season. Evans ppg would've had us in 4th.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:17 pm

So if Clough doesn't get us promoted this season, Bobby and Dan should want him goine for twice failing, unless they are hypocrites.[/quote]

Living in a dream world mate, even if we finished mid table with Clough I wouldn't want him gone. I'm one for a bit of patience and giving him the time to build something over more than two transfer windows[/quote]

Not exactly, his ppg across those 12 games would have been good enough for 21st position in that league season. Evans ppg would've had us in 4th.[/quote]

Whooooooosh :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum