{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

John Radford, programme notes: safe-standing terrace

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: John Radford, programme notes: safe-standing terrace

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:21 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The main advantage of more capacity in the Bishop Street is that you can sell more tickets to the away clubs who have a big following which means more income for the club. We could have sold more tickets to Bradford City fans. This is more likely to happen in League 1 and above though.
How many clubs in league 2 have a following like Bradford ? It may make the ground look prettier, but would be a waste whilever we are league 2.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:39 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The main advantage of more capacity in the Bishop Street is that you can sell more tickets to the away clubs who have a big following which means more income for the club. We could have sold more tickets to Bradford City fans. This is more likely to happen in League 1 and above though.
How many clubs in league 2 have a following like Bradford ? It may make the ground look prettier, but would be a waste whilever we are league 2.

I think you underestimate the business intelligence of the Radfords, it will probably take 6 months to build and get a safety certificate, never mind the planning.
Like John said, he will keep us informed and look into it over the course of the season, to me that says it won't be done until he thinks we are close to being promoted.

I also think it's great that our millionaire owners are sat at Harrogate on a Tuesday night thinking about improving our ground and not sat on a beach thinking about buying a new yacht.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:43 pm

chip63 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I think you underestimate the business intelligence of the Radfords, it will probably take 6 months to build and get a safety certificate, never mind the planning.
Like John said, he will keep us informed and look into it over the course of the season, to me that says it won't be done until he thinks we are close to being promoted.

I also think it's great that our millionaire owners are sat at Harrogate on a Tuesday night thinking about improving our ground and not sat on a beach thinking about buying a new yacht

Yep, I like this. The Radford's have had quite a bit of flack on here about the whole Portugal move and them apparently not being interested in the club anymore especially with the appointment of Sharpe.

Glad to see it's not the case
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:46 pm

chip63 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I also think it's great that our millionaire owners are sat at Harrogate on a Tuesday night thinking about improving our ground and not sat on a beach thinking about buying a new yacht.
So do I. And he is right to be looking at it, if or when we are league 1.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:05 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

It wouldn't be a waste. It is high time we sorted out Bishop st - even if we remain a league 2 club. The standing terrace is the cheap option which will improve the stadium, improve the match day experience and bring in some extra revenue. League 1 is hardly the promised land. There is no reason why we couldn't have a small standing terrace in League 2.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:30 pm

Vice President wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

It wouldn't be a waste. It is high time we sorted out Bishop st - even if we remain a league 2 club. The standing terrace is the cheap option which will improve the stadium, improve the match day experience and bring in some extra revenue. League 1 is hardly the promised land. There is no reason why we couldn't have a small standing terrace in League 2.

You say that but Bradford are the only team that would bring enough away fans to fill a potential bish in League 2.

In league one there's Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Wigan, Portsmouth, Rotherham, Bolton, Lincoln, Ipswich and Donny.

It'd be nice to have it ready to go into league one though!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Vice President wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Why would it improve the match day experience and bring in extra revenue ? Whilst ever we are in league two the club would not recoup the costs.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:57 pm

look let’s have it right, JR is a very shrewd business man, i’m pretty sure if he wants he could fund the Bishop St stand without even blinking, if he wants too he will !

he sits across from it every home match he comes too, it’s a bloody eyesore

anything is better than the “joke” & it really is a joke in its present form

Yes plz John
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:07 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:look let’s have it right, JR is a very shrewd business man, i’m pretty sure if he wants he could fund the Bishop St stand without even blinking, if he wants too he will !

he sits across from it every home match he comes too, it’s a bloody eyesore

anything is better than the “joke” & it really is a joke in its present form

Yes plz John

I'm pretty sure grants are still available too so a simple stand like Harrogates will cost about the same as Paul Andersons wages, now that was a waste!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:22 pm

That safe standing stand at Harrogate is a bit tinpot too. It doesn't stretch the full length of the pitch and has a floodlight going through the roof.

I'd only back this if it's done correctly to a high design standard, uplifted the capacity for both home and away fans and improved other facilities like the gantry, scoreboard location and offered us cheaper tickets.

We really have to do something and this could be just the ticket.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:36 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:That safe standing stand at Harrogate is a bit tinpot too. It doesn't stretch the full length of the pitch and has a floodlight going through the roof.

I'd only back this if it's done correctly to a high design standard, uplifted the capacity for both home and away fans and improved other facilities like the gantry, scoreboard location and offered us cheaper tickets.

Don't worry I've heard Caroline is looking into the carpets and John is sorting the heated hand rails out as we speak.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:50 pm

chip63 wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:That safe standing stand at Harrogate is a bit tinpot too. It doesn't stretch the full length of the pitch and has a floodlight going through the roof.

Don't worry I've heard Caroline is looking into the carpets and John is sorting the heated hand rails out as we speak.

Some folk don't want much do they? :roll: :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:32 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
chip63 wrote:

Some folk don't want much do they? :roll: :lol:

The Harrogate one looks dreadful. If that's the yardstick, the ground improvements won't actually improve the ground. To avoid it looking like a half finished bodge job like Harrogate, IE an I'll fitting stand with some steps and a corrugated roof with a pole through it won't do the trick. It has to be decent, be a good design with a high quality materials palate, otherwise it's a waste of money if we just do bare minimum.

Just because the bishop looks terrible now, anything would improve that side, but whatever replaces it still has to be good in its own right. And can't just be judged against the current BS.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:50 pm

Are you paying AWC?

I'd be more than happy with a simple stand, we don't really need more than that. As someone else said, even a demolition site would look better than the current embarrassment.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:52 pm

Stop bashing the bishop.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:16 pm

If Carolyn is looking at the carpets then I hope the curtains match
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:55 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Vice President wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

You say that but Bradford are the only team that would bring enough away fans to fill a potential bish in League 2.

In league one there's Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Wigan, Portsmouth, Rotherham, Bolton, Lincoln, Ipswich and Donny.

It'd be nice to have it ready to go into league one though!

Possibly Forest or Derby !
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:31 pm

Good news if it goes ahead but should have been done 20 years ago !
Every year the costs rise , don't wait JR
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:16 pm

Warrington Wolves have a brilliant terrace at their ground. Take a look on line way better than that one at Harrogate.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:40 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Warrington Wolves have a brilliant terrace at their ground. Take a look on line way better than that one at Harrogate.

Just looked at Warrington Wolves stadium - It is impressive, but I think it occupies a much larger area than Bishop St. can provide. We are very limited for space.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:59 pm

Three quarter length , mini double decker stand would look a treat on the old Bish .
Seating on the upper & standing on the lower .
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:23 am

At the rate we're going we could well need it for the sheep n pies next season.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:35 am

Ya got less bottle than the players on pitch if you think that.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:44 am

Spiritater wrote:At the rate we're going we could well need it for the sheep n pies next season.

Have a word. Grow a spine
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:38 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum