{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Family Block

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Family Block

Postby mtfcjake1 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:43 pm

Why can't we book seats for the family block online like every other block. Far easier than having to buy/collect on the day.
mtfcjake1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Family Block

Postby Sneag » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:34 pm

Why can't we have a family stand in place of the Bishop Shed.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:01 pm

JR in this week’s programme says they are looking at the Bishop Street stand as a safe standing area if EFL sides get the go ahead to introduce safe standing.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:10 am

part time pete wrote:JR in this week’s programme says they are looking at the Bishop Street stand as a safe standing area if EFL sides get the go ahead to introduce safe standing.

I meant to link this into a thread when the announcement was made.

It’s the obvious solution.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:19 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
part time pete wrote:JR in this week’s programme says they are looking at the Bishop Street stand as a safe standing area if EFL sides get the go ahead to introduce safe standing.

It is, the only slight issue is if the stand is also used as overflow for away fans you'd either have to split the stand or move the families. I don't really care to be honest, as long as something gets done!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:41 pm

Toilets could form a barrier to the north stand or catering.
I'm sure the bucket for the old north stand toilets must be about somewhere for drainage..

Don't forget we need a couple of deck chairs and a fishing brolley for the comms team.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:48 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

It is, the only slight issue is if the stand is also used as overflow for away fans you'd either have to split the stand or move the families. I don't really care to be honest, as long as something gets done!

Putting a barrier in is something that’s easily planned. It happened at Swindon the other week. Food dispensary across the concourse with two openings and a gate between and sufficient separation on the terrace too. Easy
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:18 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Putting a barrier in is something that’s easily planned. It happened at Swindon the other week. Food dispensary across the concourse with two openings and a gate between and sufficient separation on the terrace too. Easy

With the constant persecution from our SAG it will be far from easy :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:24 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Just like we used to have in the 'away' end (prior to SAG intervening) that was part of the original design of the stadium and allowed us to accommodate home and away fans in there, with separate toilets and food outlets, if the away team only brought a small allocation.
As long as we remember not to put a wooden door that can be easily kicked open between the 2 sets of toilets everything will be fine !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby mtfcjake1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:55 pm

Brilliant!! I really think we would of got it in the 18/19 season if we won the play-offs but alas.
mtfcjake1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum