{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Racist Remark Reported

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Racist Remark Reported

Postby Steve North » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:25 pm

Billy the fish wrote:We really are breeding a snowflake generation , no one likes racist remarks but like Irish /Scottish / French /jokes it will never go away ..

You mean the generation whose moral compass is pointing in the right direction ?

You mean the generation who have got the balls to stand up to racists and do something about it ?

Perhaps you would prefer us to all ignore it and because the racists aren’t getting the attention they crave, it will just go away ? Or perhaps we should all just accept it all, because in your view it will never go away.

And then people like you can go on pretending that racism doesn’t exist.
Last edited by Steve North on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:29 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
oldweststander wrote:It is being deal with, can we leave it now please?

No. You don’t get to shut down debates.

Same arguments over and over again.

What more is there to debate, the culprits have been reported and investigations will be made, end of.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:30 pm

Billy the fish wrote:We really are breeding a snowflake generation , no one likes racist remarks but like Irish /Scottish / French /jokes it will never go away ..

Well that comment just confirms what I've thought about you for a long time.

The only way it's going to be stamped out is if decent people stand up to it and make the racists aware it's totally unacceptable.

Well done to the bloke who reported it.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:31 pm

No, it wants addressing.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:38 pm

Bit of an odd view that chap - why is it so important to you that we all stop talking about it ? And who put you in charge my friend ?

I think it is very positive and healthy that it is discussed.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:44 pm

oldweststander wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Same arguments over and over again.

What more is there to debate, the culprits have been reported and investigations will be made, end of.

See there you go again. You don’t get to say “end of”. Understand ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:39 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Makes you wonder why he'd want to.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:44 pm

Jimstag wrote:That’s sad. Hope they find and educate the people responsible, I say educate as if you straight bad them they are just going to go be racist somewhere else.

You're right that banning doesn't stop the racist being racist, but MTFC has a duty to support its players and fans of colour and show them that racsim will not be tollerated. If they don't ban racists, it gives a green light to others and black players and fans won't want to come to Mansfield. While I'm not naiave and know that racism goes on at football grounds, as a mix-raced Stags fan, I'd be really disappointed in the club if they took anything but a zero tolerance approach to this.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:55 pm

Life time ban for me. I wonder what would happen if they made it so that they had to meet the player face to face afterwards?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:01 pm

How about naming and shaming on here for a start.

There are always loads of pictures from the Chad and club website of the "fans gallery", maybe if he's on Saturdays the guy who reported him could perhaps point him out?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:12 pm

Race was , is and always will be a debatable subject and name calling is the easy option to express feelings but it does show a basic lack of thought for other people ...however as my dear old dad to say "sticks and stones can hurt my bones but calling cannot hurt me " I was brought up in the era when Paddy was an Irishman , Jock was a Scotsmen and Taffy was a Welshman and Pakistanis were Packys and so on...This racial stereotyping is not just a British thing but is found all over the world and is the butt of jokes worldwide...In Australia,,,where does an Englishman hide his money..under his bar of soap...and so on and so on but in my opinion the whole colour thing has been blown up out of all proportion by the Black Lives Matter fiasco and has now gone into over drive and every TV advert appears to have a Black person in it to an excessive degree bearing in mind black people represent some 4% of the population . Everyone should have a job according to their talent not just because its right . The person in the Stand shouting abuse was clearly wrong and will probably never change his opinion . all we can do is point out that we are all equal and all lives matter what ever race, colour or creed they are
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:14 pm

Dont normally expect it from a woman.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:31 pm

diablo wrote:Race was , is and always will be a debatable subject and name calling is the easy option to express feelings but it does show a basic lack of thought for other people ...however as my dear old dad to say "sticks and stones can hurt my bones but calling cannot hurt me " I was brought up in the era when Paddy was an Irishman , Jock was a Scotsmen and Taffy was a Welshman and Pakistanis were Packys and so on...This racial stereotyping is not just a British thing but is found all over the world and is the butt of jokes worldwide...In Australia,,,where does an Englishman hide his money..under his bar of soap...and so on and so on but in my opinion the whole colour thing has been blown up out of all proportion by the Black Lives Matter fiasco and has now gone into over drive and every TV advert appears to have a Black person in it to an excessive degree bearing in mind black people represent some 4% of the population . Everyone should have a job according to their talent not just because its right . The person in the Stand shouting abuse was clearly wrong and will probably never change his opinion . all we can do is point out that we are all equal and all lives matter what ever race, colour or creed they are

Spoken like a true middle aged white bloke.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:35 pm

There was a fan banned for racist abuse 3 years ago. The ban was 3 years.
https://www.chad.co.uk/news/female-stag ... use-808292
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby scotsstag » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:42 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Are you seriously comparing racist comment with Irish jokes ?

What like when YOU seriously compared Evans coming back to domestic violence with "an abused wife going back to the husband that beat her" you self righteous, condescending hypocrite.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:48 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:There was a fan banned for racist abuse 3 years ago. The ban was 3 years.

Oh God it’s not the same woman is it?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:59 pm

Dan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:There was a fan banned for racist abuse 3 years ago. The ban was 3 years.

Oh God it’s not the same woman is it?!

I have no idea. I just remembered that there was someone banned, and when I googled it, I noticed that the ban will now be up.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:09 pm

I could be wrong but it seemed to be two men if I did indeed witness the aftermath.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby dp_mans856 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I could be wrong but it seemed to be two men if I did indeed witness the aftermath.

It was a women and her partner who were constantly on Narteys back , with the women making the racist remark
dp_mans856
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:18 pm

dp_mans856 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I could be wrong but it seemed to be two men if I did indeed witness the aftermath.

It was a women and her partner who were constantly on Narteys back , with the women making the racist remark

My mistake. I must have witnessed a different incident then.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:25 pm

Sneag wrote:
diablo wrote:Race was , is and always will be a debatable subject and name calling is the easy option to express feelings but it does show a basic lack of thought for other people ...however as my dear old dad to say "sticks and stones can hurt my bones but calling cannot hurt me " I was brought up in the era when Paddy was an Irishman , Jock was a Scotsmen and Taffy was a Welshman and Pakistanis were Packys and so on...This racial stereotyping is not just a British thing but is found all over the world and is the butt of jokes worldwide...In Australia,,,where does an Englishman hide his money..under his bar of soap...and so on and so on but in my opinion the whole colour thing has been blown up out of all proportion by the Black Lives Matter fiasco and has now gone into over drive and every TV advert appears to have a Black person in it to an excessive degree bearing in mind black people represent some 4% of the population . Everyone should have a job according to their talent not just because its right . The person in the Stand shouting abuse was clearly wrong and will probably never change his opinion . all we can do is point out that we are all equal and all lives matter what ever race, colour or creed they are

Would you like him to apologise for being a middle aged white bloke ?
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Nottsstag100 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:32 am

WOW! You do realise remarks like that which imply that you want to brush it aside are the reason that solutions to racism are not being found. What a ridiculous comment!!!
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Steve North » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:04 am

Laughable.

Based on your thinking, I can’t understand why the likes of Sterling, Rashford and Southgate are making such a big fuss about black athletes receiving racial abuse, if it’s only ‘name calling’ after all. They should just suck it up. Likewise, perhaps we could all go back to referring to people from Pakistan as ‘Packies’ as well - just because you were brought up in an era where that was common place. I expect you also think that the Black and White Minstrel Show is good, wholesome family entertainment for a Saturday night as well. It makes you sound like an apologist for racism.
Last edited by Steve North on Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Mansf1eld » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:04 am

Sneag wrote:

How dare you assume his gender, age and colour.

Disgusting.
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby diablo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:50 am

Steve North wrote:

Laughable.

Based on your thinking, I can’t understand why the likes of Sterling, Rashford and Southgate are making such a big fuss about black athletes receiving racial abuse, if it’s only ‘name calling’ after all. They should just suck it up. Likewise, perhaps we could all go back to referring to people from Pakistan as ‘Packies’ as well - just because you were brought up in an era where that was common place. I expect you also think that the Black and White Minstrel Show is good, wholesome family entertainment for a Saturday night as well. It makes you sound like an apologist for racism.

I wouldn't normally reply to someone with such obviously bigoted views. Perhaps you should read my comments again and try to understand what I am trying to say. You cannot change History although you personally may not wish to acknowledge it . Times change and peoples views often change too, perhaps you should occasionally accept that your views are not necessarily the correct views , we are all entitled to our opinions whether they are agreeable to you or not. As an aside I personally never watched the Black and White Minstrel Show! obviously you did or you wouldn't have an opinion on what the show was appearing to portray
diablo
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum