{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Racist Remark Reported

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Racist Remark Reported

Postby Steve North » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:55 am

oldweststander wrote:
Steve North wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Boring, boring, boring, Steve North.

There you go string pulled again.

Not excusing the actions of a couple,of mindless individuals last weekend but enough is enough, we have got the message.

Aw, don’t go all snowflakey on me.

I am only having a little bit of fun with you and ‘infusing’ a little modicum of gentle, friendly and good natured teasing. Please do not take it to heart my friend. I am sure you have the best intentions.

After all, we have just had to endure 18 months of loss, sickness and stress caused by the pandemic, so we all need to introduce a little bit of light hearted fun into our lives.

Btw - whatever happened to Action Man ?

I understand they are highly collectable, condition is everything?

Wish I’d have kept mine.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Steve North » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:05 am

Captain Cunno wrote:If being called an action man offends someone I'm done with this world.....

I appreciate what you are saying, but it’s a difficult one isn’t it. It is more about how the recipient takes it and how it makes them feel. SP was right to call me out on it and I thank him for that and this is why I apologised.

I meant it only as light hearted teasing but it is how the recipient takes which is the main thing.

This forum should be safe place for people to give their opinions without fear of ridicule or mockery, so as I say apologies for any upset caused. It was not my intention.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:33 am

Steve North wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:If being called an action man offends someone I'm done with this world.....

I appreciate what you are saying, but it’s a difficult one isn’t it. It is more about how the recipient takes it and how it makes them feel. SP was right to call me out on it and I thank him for that and this is why I apologised.

I meant it only as light hearted teasing but it is how the recipient takes which is the main thing.

This forum should be safe place for people to give their opinions without fear of ridicule or mockery, so as I say apologies for any upset caused. It was not my intention.

And that is a post by a true gentleman.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:42 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Steve North wrote:

Not excusing the actions of a couple,of mindless individuals last weekend but enough is enough, we have got the message.

I am only having a little bit of fun with you and ‘infusing’ a little modicum of gentle, friendly and good natured teasing. Please do not take it to heart my friend. I am sure you have the best intentions.

After all, we have just had to endure 18 months of loss, sickness and stress caused by the pandemic, so we all need to introduce a little bit of light hearted fun into our lives.

Steve

Why is it funny to tease an old man? Some would call it bullying.

That’s not bullying. Get out more. He was ribbing him very gently
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:52 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Steve North wrote:

Steve

In your eyes it is gently ribbing in but maybe not in their eyes.

Steve's apology post sums things it perfectly
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:56 am

Ken and Barbie have a tiff and in steps Mr T with the classic line "what you talking about fool"
Classic stagsnet :D
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:03 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Steve North wrote:

Steve

Unfortunately I can’t say that’s a post by a true gentleman. Only a bit of harmless ribbing belly.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:11 pm

This is fascinating.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:41 pm

Steve North wrote:

No offence taken
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:28 pm

Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:56 pm

Steve North wrote:.

What’s the point? :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:11 pm

chip63 wrote:Ken and Barbie have a tiff and in steps Mr T with the classic line "what you talking about fool"
Classic stagsnet :D

Steady on with bringing Mr T into this.. I’ve heard he prefers to go by the name of Mr Coffee now!
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:07 pm

This thread, this incident and some of these comments just shows why some players are still taking the knee and I’ll absolutely support it until they decide it’s not being effective.

Mansfield as a town has a huge issue with race so it was inventible this would happen at football, thank you to the people who reported it.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:12 pm

A thread confronting racism descends into petty name calling. Honestly, the absolute state
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:03 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:A thread confronting racism descends into petty name calling. Honestly, the absolute state

Are you at all surprised at this stage? Stagsnet init.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rustystag » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:05 pm

Going back to the topic I sit in that block and I've had an email about the incident, however I never leave a game early but my mate has got me a beer in Sandy's so me and boy decided to go there so I missed it. Which I'm happy about my son is 8 and doesn't need to hear that

Hopefully it's not a season ticket holder.

It's just sad that its happened at our club
Rustystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:48 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:A thread confronting racism descends into petty name calling. Honestly, the absolute state

The thread is about an allegation that racist comments were made - we don’t know what was said or indeed if anything was said.
We should also bear in mind we don’t take the knee - it would be interesting to know why. It doesn’t make the players racist but they clearly don’t think it adds to the debate.
I definitely don’t condone racism but some of this is straying off topic.
Lets see what the result of any enquiry is and then debate further.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum