{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Negative posters.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Negative posters.

Postby london amber stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:36 pm

This forum when we lose is a total over reaction six games in. We were world beaters a month ago and now the world has ended. Granted results have not gone well recently but it’s like we are relegation bound. I cannot stand the entitlement of some of the posters on here. It takes time to build a successful team and Clough knows how to do this. Losing Naylor was a major blow but we need to forget this and deal with the here and now. Give Clough a break and stop the constant whining. We have had tough opening fixtures and I am sure we will pick up points in the next few games.
The same naysayers pop up every time we lose but are nowhere to be seen when things go our way.
I will support Clough as we definitely have the right manager at the helm.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Negative posters.

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:39 pm

london amber stag wrote:This forum when we lose is a total over reaction six games in. We were world beaters a month ago and now the world has ended. Granted results have not gone well recently but it’s like we are relegation bound. I cannot stand the entitlement of some of the posters on here. It takes time to build a successful team and Clough knows how to do this. Losing Naylor was a major blow but we need to forget this and deal with the here and now. Give Clough a break and stop the constant whining. We have had tough opening fixtures and I am sure we will pick up points in the next few games.
The same naysayers pop up every time we lose but are nowhere to be seen when things go our way.

Well said l.a.s.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:12 pm

Totally agree. No slack given whatsoever. I'm never going to defend today's performance but the world coming to an end over reaction after every defeat and the we are going to smash the league positivity after every win is hardly ever the case in reality.
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:15 pm

Completely agree it's ridiculous on here, we win a game and like you say... world beaters/give us the title now.

Lose a game and suddenly the recruitment is horrific, it's all Sharpe's fault, were destined for relegation.

This place should be locked until Sunday morning after a game :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:29 pm

Well said OP but it's much easier to criticize things wrong than compliment things that are right. Plenty fancy themselves as pro managers and speaking in the theoretical abstract makes you always seem correct. Be gutted to be the child of those kinds of people
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:31 pm

People genuinely expect us to top of the league after one transfer window and if its not all perfect, the manager and all the players need to go..

Absolute brain dead fan base that will never ever learn.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:40 pm

today was piss poor, his transfer window poor, doesn’t mean he should be sacked does it, just because he’s Nigel Clough doesn’t mean fans can’t question him.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:43 pm

Is criticism of the defence and the work done in the summer to remedy last years poor back line not fair? As far as I can see this season they are not a patch on the defence of a few years ago which still ended up falling short. How can we feasibly expect any kind of success with an inferior back line than years gone by? It’s reasonable that questions are asked of that, in fact, Clough is probably thinking the same. It’s clear as day he’s not satisfied with the work done in the summer and it’s starting to show why. It’s up for the debate who the responsibility for that falls under… Clough? His scouting team? Sharpe? Don’t know but somewhere along the line it has seemingly gone wrong.

It’s not so much the result in isolation that’s the annoyance as Harrogate are showing to be a good side… it’s the realisation that the defence still aren’t up to the job. Sincerely hope that opinion is proven wrong over time because I desperately want Clough and this team to succeed.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Clockworktarzan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:50 pm

OK...
We are not world beaters... but on todays performance... we are not close to being a good
or balanced team.
Today was very poor. I am seriously disheartened.
Before anyone replies and says "get a grip"
I saw nothing out of todays performance to feel good about... apart from a few good saves from Bishop
that... if had not happened... would have resulted in a worse scoreline.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." - Vinnie Jones
Clockworktarzan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby mtfcjake1 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:52 pm

Well said OP, Very tough first games. We should not be putting this much pressure and critisim on the team so early into the season.
mtfcjake1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby diablo » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:01 pm

london amber stag wrote:This forum when we lose is a total over reaction six games in. We were world beaters a month ago and now the world has ended. Granted results have not gone well recently but it’s like we are relegation bound. I cannot stand the entitlement of some of the posters on here. It takes time to build a successful team and Clough knows how to do this. Losing Naylor was a major blow but we need to forget this and deal with the here and now. Give Clough a break and stop the constant whining. We have had tough opening fixtures and I am sure we will pick up points in the next few games.

All fixtures are tough and set the standard we need to attain .We have actually played 8 games and won just 2...maybe you are satisfied with that and think it is just a minor blip..we can but wait and see
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:04 pm

Sedgwick wrote:People genuinely expect us to top of the league after one transfer window and if its not all perfect, the manager and all the players need to go..

January and all summer, that's two isn't it.

Brain dead or what, can't count to two??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:06 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:People genuinely expect us to top of the league after one transfer window and if its not all perfect, the manager and all the players need to go..

You really expect him to bring in the players he wants last January... Taking over mid crisis season hardly counts towards his own team. Point stands, Hes had one proper window.

Its rinse and repeat from the stands every single year and I'm sick to death of it.

Manager struggles, Want him sacked.

Fans happy they got their way, overjoyed its changing for the better.

New manager in, Signs a few players to get us over the line until the summer.

Bit of a clear out and signs a few of their prime targets.

Not top of the league immediately, REPEAT the above.

So yes, Brain dead, Mardy entitled idiots that really don't see how good they have it at this club thats come on leaps and bounds over the last decade.

It was crap today, agree but let the man build something.
Last edited by Sedgwick on Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:08 pm

I don’t think anybody wants the manager to go. In fact I’d say there’s an overwhelming opinion amongst the fanbase that Clough can succeed. But after 5 games (short sample time admittedly) we have the joint worst defence in the league despite knowing our shortcomings last season and having a full window to remedy, that needs sorting sharpish if we want to get anywhere near the top end.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:09 pm

BH_Stag wrote:I don’t think anybody wants the manager to go. In fact I’d say there’s an overwhelming opinion amongst the fanbase that Clough can succeed. But after 5 games (short sample time admittedly) we have the joint worst defence in the league despite knowing our shortcomings last season and having a full window to remedy, that needs sorting sharpish if we want to get anywhere near the top end.

It’s actually a slightly bigger very small sample size :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:10 pm

Best Stags team ever went 5 games without winning including a 4-0 spanking at relegation threatened Tranmere.

They also got stuffed 2-5 at home by Matlock.

The team that won the BSP was very very ordinally & suffered some embarrassing heavy defeats early doors.

I sometimes wonder if some of the poster on here have any chuffing clue about the reality of how football works.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:11 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

You really expect him to bring in the players he wants last January... Taking over mid crisis season hardly counts towards his own team. Point stands.

Let's not count Harrogates first two goals as Nartey was just settling in, we drew 1-1 :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:13 pm

Just because he’s Nigel Clough doesn’t exempt him from criticism, the defence was poor all last season, of the outfield players name me one he’s got in that’s better than what we had ?

We got our pants pulled down by Naylor, we should have rectified that, we haven’t & are now paying the price.

If anything our defence looks weaker than last season, & that’s just not good enough

Poor old JR must be pulling his new hair out with frustration
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:14 pm

diablo wrote:

All fixtures are tough and set the standard we need to attain .We have actually played 8 games and won just 2...maybe you are satisfied with that and think it is just a minor blip..we can but wait and see

After two disastrous managerial appointments things will take some turning around. NC is a very experienced manager and will bring success to this club. It will take time and patience. For some posters it is in short supply.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:17 pm

Nigel needs at least 4 seasons.8 transfer windows, and we should have the makings of a team that can hold its own in the top ten of league two.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:20 pm

Were we that poor, or were they that good ?

sadly i going for 60/40

not one battle did we win, that’s the first time i’ve seen our midfield get totally out played for 90mins
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:21 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Nigel needs at least 4 seasons.8 transfer windows, and we should have the makings of a team that can hold its own in the top ten of league two.

He won't need that long.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:21 pm

Whereas i agree there is a number “negative posters” there is also becoming a number of “snowflakes” those who get offended at anything, and think the world is against them - the type that think they’re entitled to everything m, expect that everyone understands their view because they moan and make a fuss - and don’t understand the real world - these snowflakes are worse than “negative posters.”

In reality though, negative positive, snowflake or just regular fan, all are pulling in the same direction. all care for mansfield
Last edited by adamstag on Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:23 pm

Well, they’re top of the league, unbeaten, and scored the second most goals. I think they’re a good side and they’ll be up there come the end of the season.

But that doesn’t excuse our performance.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:27 pm

Last edited by adamstag on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum