{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Negative posters.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Negative posters.

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:44 pm

adamstag wrote:Whereas i agree there is a number “negative posters” there is also becoming a number of “snowflakes” those who get offended at anything, and think the world is against them - the type that think they’re entitled to everything m, expect that everyone understands their view because they moan and make a fuss - and don’t understand the real world - these snowflakes are worse than “negative posters.”

In reality though, negative positive, snowflake or just regular fan, all are pulling in the same direction. all care for mansfield

And not forgetting the two trolls who are sowing the seeds of discontent.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm

The reality of today’s game is that Harrogate we’re a very good side and they will be up there all season and look a good bet for automatic promotion.

The three games we have lost we’re to sides in 1st, 3rd and 4th in the table. Two of them games were very close and could have gone either way.

No need to worry yet.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:55 pm

london amber stag wrote:This forum when we lose is a total over reaction six games in. We were world beaters a month ago and now the world has ended. Granted results have not gone well recently but it’s like we are relegation bound. I cannot stand the entitlement of some of the posters on here. It takes time to build a successful team and Clough knows how to do this. Losing Naylor was a major blow but we need to forget this and deal with the here and now. Give Clough a break and stop the constant whining. We have had tough opening fixtures and I am sure we will pick up points in the next few games.
The same naysayers pop up every time we lose but are nowhere to be seen when things go our way.
I will support Clough as we definitely have the right manager at the helm.

Ok so seem as i will probably be one of the 'negative naysayers' you speak of id just like to speak up here... I'm not buying all this crap about clough needs time to build a team... He's had a January window & the entire summer to assemble a lg2 promotion challenging team and has failed in both! Look at the 11 out on the pitch today and tell me it was any better than what was on display during dempster or coughlans tenures?! We had far better squads under both evans and flitcroft also.

His experience and credentials are obviously strong there's no denying that but its clearly not working out here for some reason (the old Mansfield curse?) but cloughie being cloughie he seems too stubborn to shift from his failing tactics & formation that the whole world can see isn't working!

I read on here everyday from the happy clappers things like "in clough we trust" or "we'll start picking up points soon just see" but personnally i dont see it... Were currently an expensively put together lower lg2 team which seemingly is our place forever :(

What are the things you guys are seeing which are convincing you things will improve and that cloughie is the god you all seem to bow down to? (genuine question before the usual 'troll' or 'he's a Spirite' comments) because all i see is a directionless mess lacking in leadership & quality across the board!.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby chip63 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:09 pm

1 bad game out of 6, the other 5 league games have been of exceptional quality in parts.
We need Perch back and I think he'd improve whoever is at his side wether it's Hewitt, Nartey or Rawson.
Can see us winning the next three games this month.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:14 pm

chip63 wrote:1 bad game out of 6, the other 5 league games have been of exceptional quality in parts.
We need Perch back and I think he'd improve whoever is at his side wether it's Hewitt, Nartey or Rawson.
Can see us winning the next three games this month.

I admire the optimism chip i really do but 2 wins in 8 games says different & as for exceptional quality im really struggling to agree.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:36 pm

Were 6 games in man, chill out for god sake. We've got some new players and it'll take time for them to settle, we've seen what they can do against Bristol and Newport. It's not been an easy start to the season either and Harrogate are a good team. Have faith
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:13 am

Ok I'll say it.
We haven't gelled yet

So we'll make our bid for the playoffs about mid November when we'll be 10-15 points behind them and surge up the table and win at Wembley.

I love a good fairy-tale ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:25 am

My favourite kinda stagsnettery...
A post moaning about people moaning

Love it.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:31 am

Captain Cunno wrote:My favourite kinda stagsnettery...
A post moaning about people moaning

Love it.

In fairness most posts on here comprise of people moaning so there's plenty of scope for that kind of post to materialise.
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby G B » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:37 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:People genuinely expect us to top of the league after one transfer window and if its not all perfect, the manager and all the players need to go..

Absolute brain dead fan base that will never ever learn.

January and all summer, that's two isn't it.

Brain dead or what, can't count to two??

You really expect him to bring in the players he wants last January... Taking over mid crisis season hardly counts towards his own team. Point stands, Hes had one proper window.

Its rinse and repeat from the stands every single year and I'm sick to death of it.

Manager struggles, Want him sacked.

Fans happy they got their way, overjoyed its changing for the better.

New manager in, Signs a few players to get us over the line until the summer.

Bit of a clear out and signs a few of their prime targets.

Not top of the league immediately, REPEAT the above.

So yes, Brain dead, Mardy entitled idiots that really don't see how good they have it at this club thats come on leaps and bounds over the last decade.

It was crap today, agree but let the man build something.

Totally agree other than the brain dead and idiot references (in most cases anyway :D )
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby west country stag » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:42 am

Reality is that if match results dont improve i can see gates dropping to the 3000 mark that wont please JR after all the money he has invested in the team .
There will be pressure on Sharpe & Co to get recruitment right & not making do with what we can get in .
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:54 am

west country stag wrote:Reality is that if match results dont improve i can see gates dropping to the 3000 mark that wont please JR after all the money he has invested in the team .
There will be pressure on Sharpe & Co to get recruitment right & not making do with what we can get in .

sadly apart from non contracted players we are stuck now, whatever way you try to dress it up, our defence hasn’t been strengthened, apart from the keeper.

Question is who is to blame ?
1.Sharp
2.Clough
3.his brother

we all want success for our team, everyone excepts you can’t win every game however what is not is poor recruitment from a vastly experienced management team for two windows on the trot

that defence is coming up short, it’s plain to see it’s not good enough, & most of all everybody can see it, & knows what’s needed to fix it!

Yes we have Nigel Clough & his management team at the helm, great stuff we are lucky, however it’s not getting any better in the pitch is it ?

is it time to change ?

no absolutely not, however is it expectable on the pitch ? no it isn’t

is he our long term solution & saviour ?

i hope so, more than anything, however they are not above criticism
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:46 am

Surely we ought to commission Geoff Hill to produce one of his infamous league tables of negative posters again. Settle this once and for all.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:51 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
west country stag wrote:Reality is that if match results dont improve i can see gates dropping to the 3000 mark that wont please JR after all the money he has invested in the team .

sadly apart from non contracted players we are stuck now, whatever way you try to dress it up, our defence hasn’t been strengthened, apart from the keeper.

1.Sharp
2.Clough
3.his brother

we all want success for our team, everyone excepts you can’t win every game however what is not is poor recruitment from a vastly experienced management team for two windows on the trot

that defence is coming up short, it’s plain to see it’s not good enough, & most of all everybody can see it, & knows what’s needed to fix it!

Yes we have Nigel Clough & his management team at the helm, great stuff we are lucky, however it’s not getting any better in the pitch is it ?

is it time to change ?

I don't get this blame game. However perhaps you should include no 4. Impatient supporters.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:05 am

Amber Andy wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

1.Sharp
2.Clough
3.his brother

is it time to change ?

I don't get this blame game. However perhaps you should include no 4. Impatient supporters.

Players not marking their man, not closing down, not concentrating when a ball is played into the box, players not talking to each other etc etc etc.... never seem to get the blame, its always the manager or the board.

The lads are more than capable but I don't think they're putting in enough of a shift at the minute. Maris, Clarke, Laps and Quinn yesterday were all shocking, they went missing.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:14 am

yorkshire stag wrote:today was piss poor, his transfer window poor, doesn’t mean he should be sacked does it, just because he’s Nigel Clough doesn’t mean fans can’t question him.

Exactly . This forum is full of happy clappers and when you express an opinion you get slaughtered!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:15 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
london amber stag wrote:This forum when we lose is a total over reaction six games in. We were world beaters a month ago and now the world has ended. Granted results have not gone well recently but it’s like we are relegation bound. I cannot stand the entitlement of some of the posters on here. It takes time to build a successful team and Clough knows how to do this. Losing Naylor was a major blow but we need to forget this and deal with the here and now. Give Clough a break and stop the constant whining. We have had tough opening fixtures and I am sure we will pick up points in the next few games.
The same naysayers pop up every time we lose but are nowhere to be seen when things go our way.

Ok so seem as i will probably be one of the 'negative naysayers' you speak of id just like to speak up here... I'm not buying all this crap about clough needs time to build a team... He's had a January window & the entire summer to assemble a lg2 promotion challenging team and has failed in both! Look at the 11 out on the pitch today and tell me it was any better than what was on display during dempster or coughlans tenures?! We had far better squads under both evans and flitcroft also.

His experience and credentials are obviously strong there's no denying that but its clearly not working out here for some reason (the old Mansfield curse?) but cloughie being cloughie he seems too stubborn to shift from his failing tactics & formation that the whole world can see isn't working!

I read on here everyday from the happy clappers things like "in clough we trust" or "we'll start picking up points soon just see" but personnally i dont see it... Were currently an expensively put together lower lg2 team which seemingly is our place forever :(

What are the things you guys are seeing which are convincing you things will improve and that cloughie is the god you all seem to bow down to? (genuine question before the usual 'troll' or 'he's a Spirite' comments) because all i see is a directionless mess lacking in leadership & quality across the board!.

Bang on!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:05 am

It's not losing that is the problem, it's how you lose.

If the shape, effort and tactics are good and you give it your best shot you can still lose but lose well if you get my drift.

Yesterday we had nothing, ziltch.
Last edited by oldweststander on Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:32 am

A few on here need to get themselves down to sports direct and buy a man utd Ronaldo 7 shirt then walk over the bridge to that furniture shop buy a layzee boy recliner subscribe to sky sports and find some joy in their lives cause supporting a 4th division club ain't for them
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby wardy12345 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:44 am

Yesterday stags played a very very good team probably one of the best teams I’ve seen in a while and lost. A very very good inform team will make a good side look very average.

I think I’m right in saying that this Harrogate team has been being built over a few seasons not over night so the players have got a good understanding of each other’s game.

They are the bench mark stags need to reach to be one of the best sides in the league a few tweets and stags will get there.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby chip63 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:46 am

steiner wrote:A few on here need to get themselves down to sports direct and buy a man utd Ronaldo 7 shirt then walk over the bridge to that furniture shop buy a layzee boy recliner subscribe to sky sports and find some joy in their lives cause supporting a 4th division club ain't for them

6 month waiting list for a la zee boy recliner, you have to be patient if you want the best.
I'm making do for 6 months but know it's worth the wait.
All we need to do is be in the top 10 around Xmas and wait for the January sales.

You can keep the shirt though :D
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:49 am

Laughable thread. Is the original post seriously suggesting that people can’t raise issues that they see? I am not talking about Norman or BTF as they’re just trolls out for a bite.

Please don’t tell me that just because the manager is a “name” that we can’t question his actions. He’s the man for the job in my opinion but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have to stand up to scrutiny. If anyone is happy with what’s happened in the last four games then go for a lie down.
This is a debating forum. We will have disagreement. That doesn’t mean we don’t want success for the club. It’s exactly the opposite.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:10 am

bellwhiff wrote:Laughable thread. Is the original post seriously suggesting that people can’t raise issues that they see? I am not talking about Norman or BTF as they’re just trolls out for a bite.

Please don’t tell me that just because the manager is a “name” that we can’t question his actions. He’s the man for the job in my opinion but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have to stand up to scrutiny. If anyone is happy with what’s happened in the last four games then go for a lie down.
This is a debating forum. We will have disagreement. That doesn’t mean we don’t want success for the club. It’s exactly the opposite.

Agree with you Belly on the point that just because Clough is a well known manager he should not be immune from criticism.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:27 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Laughable thread. Is the original post seriously suggesting that people can’t raise issues that they see? I am not talking about Norman or BTF as they’re just trolls out for a bite.

Agree with you Belly on the point that just because Clough is a well known manager he should not be immune from criticism.

That is how it seems at times!
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:47 am

Norman wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

Bang on!
Trip, trap, trip trap. Don't be taken in.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum