{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Negative posters.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Negative posters.

Postby Showaddywaddy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:31 pm

I certainly don’t think it’s unique to this message board or even Mansfield Town.

I would imagine every message board of every club is exactly the same, just let FB groups and other social media.

We live in a ‘must have it now’ society and it’s certainly polluted the mind of football supporters.

I of your team wins you’re going to win the league, if they lose they’re destined for the drop.

People at games even take time out from watching the game they’re at to post with absolute certainty that their side are going to win the league based on one goal or they are doomed if the concede one.

Maybe it’s always been that way but now there’s some many platforms for people to voice their opinion it becomes saturating.

I remember waiting for the Chad each Wednesday to relive the previous weekend’s game and I’d even skip that if we’d lost. If we’d won on the Saturday and again on the Tuesday I’d read every word, a couple of defeats and I’d read the ‘court in brief’ to see what some of my old classmates had been up to.

It’s all about opinions and now we’re all exposed to more of them than ever.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Re: Negative posters.

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:44 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:I certainly don’t think it’s unique to this message board or even Mansfield Town.

I would imagine every message board of every club is exactly the same, just let FB groups and other social media.

We live in a ‘must have it now’ society and it’s certainly polluted the mind of football supporters.

I of your team wins you’re going to win the league, if they lose they’re destined for the drop.

People at games even take time out from watching the game they’re at to post with absolute certainty that their side are going to win the league based on one goal or they are doomed if the concede one.

Maybe it’s always been that way but now there’s some many platforms for people to voice their opinion it becomes saturating.

I remember waiting for the Chad each Wednesday to relive the previous weekend’s game and I’d even skip that if we’d lost. If we’d won on the Saturday and again on the Tuesday I’d read every word, a couple of defeats and I’d read the ‘court in brief’ to see what some of my old classmates had been up to.

It’s all about opinions and now we’re all exposed to more of them than ever.

Going back to the season we won the conference, we had a bad start and got a few pastings and a lot of people wanted Cox sacked not long into the season.

That's not me saying people on here want Clough sacked, but look what we achieved that season and still didn't have the best start.

Bolton were the same last year, had a pretty poor start and were average until about Christmas. They ended up getting automatically promoted and a lot of their fans wanted Evatt out prior to that.

A bit of patience needed on here by some I think. There's still 40 games left to play!!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum