{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Our Manager

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Our Manager

Postby diablo » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:16 pm

Just seen the Clough post match interview...he thought we played well...really ???...and according to him we still have problems in the centre of defence....well that's pretty obvious but no excuses NG the central defence today were your chosen men..ok maybe not what you hoped for, but hey I've got news for you Maguire and Stones aren't available for Mansfield Town FC. ..but Menayese and O'Keefe were...you never really gave them a chance did you?...and yet they appear to be doing quite well on their loans at other Clubs...and saying you can't wait the get Perch back in the team..words fail me, you are obviously very good at spending someone else's money...as JR said we have the largest squad in League one and two and have now lost 4 games on the trot , Todays performance was abysmal as were your comments .....and can you please sign players who were NOT involved with you at Burton as there are other clubs out there with equally as good or even better than ex Burton Albion players
diablo
First Team
First Team

Re: Our Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:17 pm

Ouch
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:20 pm

diablo wrote:Just seen the Clough post match interview...he thought we played well...really ???...and according to him we still have problems in the centre of defence....well that's pretty obvious but no excuses NG the central defence today were your chosen men..ok maybe not what you hoped for, but hey I've got news for you Maguire and Stones aren't available for Mansfield Town FC. ..but Menayese and O'Keefe were...you never really gave them a chance did you?...and yet they appear to be doing quite well on their loans at other Clubs...and saying you can't wait the get Perch back in the team..words fail me, you are obviously very good at spending someone else's money...as JR said we have the largest squad in League one and two and have now lost 4 games on the trot , Todays performance was abysmal as were your comments .....and can you please sign players who were NOT involved with you at Burton as there are other clubs out there with equally as good or even better than ex Burton Albion players

Mansfield will never, ever have better manager than clough.

Do you not understand just how lucky we are to have him as manger?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:25 pm

Stunned that Clough has been described as ‘clueless’ today and told to ‘get off to Forest’. Ran two championship clubs and a number of promotions with Burton but still not good enough for Mansfield Town.

Saw Wenger and Pep in Sainsbury’s circling like vultures after the defeat as it’s obviously the most prestigious managerial post in football.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:32 pm

adamstag wrote:
diablo wrote:Just seen the Clough post match interview...he thought we played well...really ???...and according to him we still have problems in the centre of defence....well that's pretty obvious but no excuses NG the central defence today were your chosen men..ok maybe not what you hoped for, but hey I've got news for you Maguire and Stones aren't available for Mansfield Town FC. ..but Menayese and O'Keefe were...you never really gave them a chance did you?...and yet they appear to be doing quite well on their loans at other Clubs...and saying you can't wait the get Perch back in the team..words fail me, you are obviously very good at spending someone else's money...as JR said we have the largest squad in League one and two and have now lost 4 games on the trot , Todays performance was abysmal as were your comments .....and can you please sign players who were NOT involved with you at Burton as there are other clubs out there with equally as good or even better than ex Burton Albion players

Mansfield will never, ever have better manager than clough.

Do you not understand just how lucky we are to have him as manger?

Evans was better imo (realise this will be slightly controversial on here :lol:)

Place was buzzing when he was in charge. ..been going downhill ever since he jumped ship!.

For me clough is getting by on his reputation atm... So stubborn its unbelievable.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:39 pm

I’ve been unimpressed by two transfer windows in regards to getting defenders in. I’m bemused by O’Keefe wasn’t given a chance and I would really like to know why. I’m disappointed at our ability to respond to defeats. That’s a management failing.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:43 pm

There is nowhere to hide for Nigel now, the majority are his chosen players, some maybe not his first choice but sign them he did.

I have confidence in Nigel, and I think he will sort things out,. If it were me and of course its not, I would start by appointing James Perch as this season's skipper, Clarke is not doing it for me at all. Over to you Nigel.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:47 pm

oldweststander wrote:There is nowhere to hide for Nigel now, the majority are his chosen players, some maybe not his first choice but sign them he did.

I have confidence in Nigel, and I think he will sort things out,. If it were me and of course its not, I would start by appointing James Perch as this season's skipper, Clarke is not doing it for me at all. Over to you Nigel.

James Perch apparently has a fractured skull, if true he won't be playing anytime soon
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:49 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
oldweststander wrote:There is nowhere to hide for Nigel now, the majority are his chosen players, some maybe not his first choice but sign them he did.

James Perch apparently has a fractured skull, if true he won't be playing anytime soon

Oh dear, didn't know.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:54 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Oh dear, didn't know.

If that’s true it could quite easily finish his career.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:06 pm

We don’t have anything close to the biggest squad in either league.

Spotted Perch today in his training kit, first I’ve heard of a fractured skull.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Clockworktarzan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:15 pm

Poor today... but our captain is clearly not leading on the field too.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." - Vinnie Jones
Clockworktarzan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby west country stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:20 pm

Corey is a lot better full back than Kellan
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:21 pm

It’s worth point out that CO’K is not playing full back for Rochdale.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:23 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:It’s worth point out that CO’K is not playing full back for Rochdale.

It’s worth asking why Clough point blank refused to entertain him
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:27 pm

Unbelievable thread.

Some on here need to give their heads a shake.

The troll is turning people's heads.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:29 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:It’s worth point out that CO’K is not playing full back for Rochdale.

The only thing I can think is that it’s something contractual with O’Keefe, he didn’t get any starts even when we rotated the side with nothing to play for. There may be a extension which will be triggered or pay jump etc if he played x amount of games which we weren’t willing to take up.

He doesn’t seem the type to be a bad egg but that could be wrong and I don’t buy that he cannot play RB. We play McLaughlin at LB who has been a winger his whole career, both full backs have licence to attack so he’d fit pretty well.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:32 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Agree completely, you’ll get no argument from me on that front.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:36 pm

The best players are always those not in the team.
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:38 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Agree completely, you’ll get no argument from me on that front.

Really Really would like to know why hes not been given a chance too.

Clearly doing very well in a side sat above us in the league
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:39 pm

Clough explained it when he first took over, okeefe is not used to playing in a back four, he was behind Gordon and Perch in the pecking order, he rated him very highly in his attitude and training and hoped a loan would help both player and club.
Left and right back are not our main problem, Clough said today the centre halves are still a problem.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:50 pm

Ahh, Mr Blow its been some time since you could exercise your negativity towards NC. I bet its been eating away at you and the current run must be quite liberating after not being able to pipe up very much after the total turnaround in fortunes and the decent end to last season, despite your regular criticism of NC, the January transfer window etc etc.

Amusing only for its predictability.

If there was any balance it would be tolerable.
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:30 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Oh dear, didn't know.

He was at the game today in the stands. I hope that's not true about the fractured skull, last thing we need right now
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:57 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Oh dear, didn't know.

He was at the game today in the stands. I hope that's not true about the fractured skull, last thing we need right now

Perch was on 103.2 today with Mark, reporting on the game. I asked Mark what he said and he said Perch said he is "waiting to hear what the medical people say".
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby mtfcjake1 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:00 pm

I'm curious to see how O'keefe would fit into our current side.
mtfcjake1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum