{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quinn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Quinn

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:57 pm

hang you head, kicked out at their player in front of the Lino

completely stupid, i have no words

senior pro shocking youth
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Quinn

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:00 pm

If that’s accurate then he needs a two week fine. He of all the players out there should have known better.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:03 pm

bellwhiff wrote:If that’s accurate then he needs a two week fine. He of all the players out there should have known better.

unfolded straight in front of us, what a complete clown

i’m at a total loss, absolutely no need to have done it
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:04 pm

And he was about to put the captains arm band on.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:06 pm

their player looked directly at the linesman he nodded then just laughed he knew, we knew

Sunday league level
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:31 pm

He was sent off for a headbutt
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:32 pm

Conflicting stories
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bluenyellow » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:36 pm

He went down holding his face as if butted
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:36 pm

can only tell you what i observed with my own eyes and i was sat next but one to GFB lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:37 pm

Can't understand why our fans were clapping him off in the QLE. The lad has let himself down there, as well as the team, club and fans. Very unprofessional and certainly not deserving of a clap off.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:39 pm

Let himself down badly, there were accusations he did similar against Bradford.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:39 pm

i wasn’t clapping him i can assure you
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:46 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:can only tell you what i observed with my own eyes and i was sat next but one to GFB lol

Their number 4 and Quinn had been rowing for a bit, Quinn stuck his forehead against the short bloke. He went down clutching his face, rolled over and over before high fiving a team mate and being greeted as a hero by the bench upon his substitution

Clough says the linesman says he saw a kick. So it appears that Quinn should be sent off for two offences. It doesn't explain why Falkingham was holding his nose
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Their number 4 bossed the game all afternoon...yards faster than our sluggish midfield
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:59 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:can only tell you what i observed with my own eyes and i was sat next but one to GFB lol

Their number 4 and Quinn had been rowing for a bit, Quinn stuck his forehead against the short bloke. He went down clutching his face, rolled over and over before high fiving a team mate and being greeted as a hero by the bench upon his substitution

Clough says the linesman says he saw a kick. So it appears that Quinn should be sent off for two offences. It doesn't explain why Falkingham was holding his nose

our senior midfielder should have known better, done over top to toe

quote from Cloughie after the game

“It wasn’t the referee [who saw the reason for Quinn’s dismissal], it was the assistant. He said he’d seen a kick. So, if that’s the case, that’s inexcusable, and he’ll be fined and dealt with accordingly”
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:00 pm

What’s he actually been sent off for

Some say head but some say a kick all I know is there no 4 rolled around like he’d been shot and made a full recovery after the red card
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby cerfjaune » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:49 pm

wardy12345 wrote:What’s he actually been sent off for

Some say head but some say a kick all I know is there no 4 rolled around like he’d been shot and made a full recovery after the red card

All will be revealed in the referee’s report, which the club will have a copy of.
cerfjaune
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cheshire Stag » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:00 pm

Falkingham had earlier tried to get Lapslie booked by feigning injury when challenged
He stayed on the ground after the challenge. The ref didn't book Laps that time.
Cheshire Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:04 pm

Cheshire Stag wrote:Falkingham had earlier tried to get Lapslie booked by feigning injury when challenged
He stayed on the ground after the challenge. The ref didn't book Laps that time.

I don’t think we can really complain today about feigning/diving.

Three times we dived (IMO) to win penalties today.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:05 pm

Our lot have been diving all season.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:18 pm

Quinn is an absolute Jeb end. Don't know about any headbutt but he kicked their man blatantly and right in view of the lino. Can't recall anyone falling over clutching their face but OF COURSE they did. At it all afternoon with stuff like that, their 4 was an absolute sham of a player. We were second best at everything today, but we also got stitched right up all over, too
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:49 pm

Sad indictment of modern football that the opposition bench celebrated the sending offs in a similar fashion as scoring a goal. Having said that we were beaten by a better side today. They looked stronger, and possibly fitter than us and certainly know how to win a football match.

Early days yet. Too soon to judge where we will finish this season.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:24 pm

Chris M wrote:Sad indictment of modern football that the opposition bench celebrated the sending offs in a similar fashion as scoring a goal. Having said that we were beaten by a better side today. They looked stronger, and possibly fitter than us and certainly know how to win a football match.

Their number 16 was a disgrace. You watch him on the replay for both sendings offs. First one he runs to the ref waving a card saying Clarke should be off then when the red is shown he leans down & says something to Clarke before clapping, then when Quinn is sent off he walks off clapping again, POS.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Dan wrote:
Chris M wrote:Sad indictment of modern football that the opposition bench celebrated the sending offs in a similar fashion as scoring a goal. Having said that we were beaten by a better side today. They looked stronger, and possibly fitter than us and certainly know how to win a football match.

Their number 16 was a disgrace. You watch him on the replay for both sendings offs. First one he runs to the ref waving a card saying Clarke should be off then when the red is shown he leans down & says something to Clarke before clapping, then when Quinn is sent off he walks off clapping again, POS.

We deserved nothing today Dan as they were very well drilled and completely deserved the win, they obviously we're also well drilled in the "dark arts", rolling about but more importantly haranguing the officials at every opportunity and it worked.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:46 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dan wrote:

We deserved nothing today Dan as they were very well drilled and completely deserved the win, they obviously we're also well drilled in the "dark arts", rolling about but more importantly haranguing the officials at every opportunity and it worked.

Yep completely agree mate.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum