{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quinn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quinn

Postby chip63 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:30 am

How on earth do they class that as a 6 game ban?
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Phill » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:32 am

can only assume they have seen it as 2 red card incidents in the space of 30 seconds....
Phill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:35 am

I presume the extra ban is due to an incident observed on video and not seen during the match.

If that is the reason, why haven’t opposition players received bans for their off the ball incidents?

Also was the extra offence during the same general Melei or was it for an incident earlier in the match?. If it was an earlier incident, why has the panel taken it upon itself to look at it? That is not the norm in league 2 or players would be constantly caught out.

I accept that if he’s done it then he’s done it, but players should be treated equally and if one gets banned on retrospective video evidence that should count for all. AND they should also retrospectively look at the play actors who rack up the bookings and sendings off.
Last edited by Sandy Pate Best Stag on Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 am

In fairness though we were terrible and outdone that was the worst performance i’ve seen from a ref in a long time, i’m surprised he didn’t get a hardon when they scored, he was ridiculous, no doubt his dreadful attempt at officiating helped the matter against quinn.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:08 pm

There’s no doubt bar the first 2-3 games we’ve been poor but you can’t ignore the various refs input in our downturn... I can’t be bothered to go through each fixture but I’m sure there were match define gooseberry ups (or something more sinister) in about 4-5 games on the bounce which hasn’t helped our fragile confidence at all.

The Colchester peno was the start, after dominating them away all game for him to give a soft as owt peno that he can’t have been 100% sure about...you can only assume he’s favouring them over us, surely he’s recognised that stags have clearly been the better side so why give it? On the video I’ve never seen such a half hearted point to the spot, he wasn’t convinced himself

Swindon away, equaliser chalked off again .

Clarke and Quinn SO, fair enough a case can be made fir both but why do refs never spot these tiny innocuous things opposition do all the time, like hanging off Hawkins through each game? And to end up giving Quinn 6 games is just more fuel to the fire fir me, as others have said, this scrutiny doesn’t happen to other teams, in fact any player that gets sent off recently against us gets it recinded!
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Sweden Stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:19 pm

S7AGS wrote:There’s no doubt bar the first 2-3 games we’ve been poor but you can’t ignore the various refs input in our downturn... I can’t be bothered to go through each fixture but I’m sure there were match define gooseberry ups (or something more sinister) in about 4-5 games on the bounce which hasn’t helped our fragile confidence at all.

The Colchester peno was the start, after dominating them away all game for him to give a soft as owt peno that he can’t have been 100% sure about...you can only assume he’s favouring them over us, surely he’s recognised that stags have clearly been the better side so why give it? On the video I’ve never seen such a half hearted point to the spot, he wasn’t convinced himself

Clarke and Quinn SO, fair enough a case can be made fir both but why do refs never spot these tiny innocuous things opposition do all the time, like hanging off Hawkins through each game? And to end up giving Quinn 6 games is just more fuel to the fire fir me, as others have said, this scrutiny doesn’t happen to other teams, in fact any player that gets sent off recently against us gets it recinded!

Colchester was definitely no penno - just like the incorrectly awarded against us at Newport in the playoffs two years ago commented before on a few times before.

Swindon should have been an equalizer.

The six-match ban on Quinn is miscarriage of justice big style. The normal three-match one had been sufficient enough. Seems that some officials have TWO rule-books, one for the Stags, another for the opposition (but not at Walsall last Saturday). This was apparent on several occasions way back in 2002-03, also in 2007-08. Also when Matt Green was wrongly sent off in a playoff game at York in 2012, the year before we regained our EFL status.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby S7AGS » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:33 pm

Sweden Stag wrote:
S7AGS wrote:There’s no doubt bar the first 2-3 games we’ve been poor but you can’t ignore the various refs input in our downturn... I can’t be bothered to go through each fixture but I’m sure there were match define gooseberry ups (or something more sinister) in about 4-5 games on the bounce which hasn’t helped our fragile confidence at all.

Colchester was definitely no penno - just like the incorrectly awarded against us at Newport in the playoffs two years ago commented before on a few times before.

Swindon should have been an equalizer.

The six-match ban on Quinn is miscarriage of justice big style. The normal three-match one had been sufficient enough. Seems that some officials have TWO rule-books, one for the Stags, another for the opposition (but not at Walsall last Saturday). This was apparent on several occasions way back in 2002-03, also in 2007-08. Also when Matt Green was wrongly sent off in a playoff game at York in 2012, the year before we regained our EFL status.

To add to your Newport example, their captain should have been sent off in the first leg for the clearest red card you’ll ever see...I think he then scored in the second leg? People say these decisions even themselves out but this is definitely not the case for Mansfield. Not into conspiracy theories but it’s hard come to a logical reason for it...
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Don’t forget the Newport ref. The worst performance I’ve ever seen.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Quote S7AGS: To add to your Newport example, their captain should have been sent off in the first leg for the clearest red card you’ll ever see...I think he then scored in the second leg? People say these decisions even themselves out but this is definitely not the case for Mansfield. Not into conspiracy theories but it’s hard come to a logical reason for it...

It was a red card offence. And thankfully we haven't had the ref at Newport then ever since. Second leg was goal-less. And in ANY other country than the UK, the Stags had gone through to the final due to the away goals ruling. Fact is also that it was the third time ever this had happened to the Stags. Also in 2012 against York, 1995 against Chesterfield, but we benefitted against Northampton in 2004 (2-0 win away, 3-1 defeat at headquarters).
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:58 pm

6 game ban is ridiculous and totally out of order Yes he deserves the original 3 and a club fine
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:00 pm

I think a dossier needs pulling together to approach the FA as it’s beyond blatant in my opinion...showing dodgy decisions against us and FoR us as it’ll be obvious where the issue lies... I have read various ex ref things and they all say certain teams aren’t liked and that it’s corrupt.
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Beyond The Pale » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:17 pm

S7AGS wrote:I think a dossier needs pulling together to approach the FA as it’s beyond blatant in my opinion...showing dodgy decisions against us and FoR us as it’ll be obvious where the issue lies... I have read various ex ref things and they all say certain teams aren’t liked and that it’s corrupt.

It's gone on far too long, you think you're paranoid, but we really are not. There's been so many decisions down the years, it does make you think that there's something against us.

Suarez, the disallowed goal at Cardiff, even those two decisions were only seen / not seen by the officials, a bit like the Colchester peno the other week & our 'goal' at Swindon.

All of the wrong decisions in both of the Newport play-off games benefited one team & one team only & it wasn't us. I can still see the shocking elbow on Danny Rose in the second leg that I think won us a throw in... & don't lets start on the second leg of the play-offs against the sheep all those years ago, That was a truly biased & terrible display of officiating.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:01 pm

Beyond The Pale wrote:
S7AGS wrote:I think a dossier needs pulling together to approach the FA as it’s beyond blatant in my opinion...showing dodgy decisions against us and FoR us as it’ll be obvious where the issue lies... I have read various ex ref things and they all say certain teams aren’t liked and that it’s corrupt.

It's gone on far too long, you think you're paranoid, but we really are not. There's been so many decisions down the years, it does make you think that there's something against us.

Suarez, the disallowed goal at Cardiff, even those two decisions were only seen / not seen by the officials, a bit like the Colchester peno the other week & our 'goal' at Swindon.

All of the wrong decisions in both of the Newport play-off games benefited one team & one team only & it wasn't us. I can still see the shocking elbow on Danny Rose in the second leg that I think won us a throw in... & don't lets start on the second leg of the play-offs against the sheep all those years ago, That was a truly biased & terrible display of officiating.

True. Already in the so far last season we were above current League Two level, this was the case. Wigan away, QPR both games, Eddie Ilderton's injury-time shambles against Bristol City at home (say no more), Oldham at home. 2007-08: Darren Drysdale's scandal against MK Dons at home (rewarded by getting a League One game between Cheltenham and Oldham a few days later, 100% sure), Hereford offside goal there that season which was allowed to stand, also pointed out in the Stagsnet match report then. York away playoffs in 2012, Darren Drysdale (again) at home to York in March 2014 to print a few blatant examples. Here, I won't go further back than the 2002-03 season. EFL and playoff games only.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby five to three » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:23 pm

A case if treating smaller clubs differently as I doubt this would have happened had it been a Man City player, what with all their expensive lawyers!
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Walton Stag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:18 pm

Just watching Bournemouth v QPR and a QPR player has just kicked out similar to Quinn v Harrogate. Did he get sent off? Of course not!!!! Yellow card.
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:35 pm

Walton Stag wrote:Just watching Bournemouth v QPR and a QPR player has just kicked out similar to Quinn v Harrogate. Did he get sent off? Of course not!!!! Yellow card.

The standard of reffing from Prem to League 2 is honestly shocking and so inconsistent.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby StagInHucknall » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Walton Stag wrote:Just watching Bournemouth v QPR and a QPR player has just kicked out similar to Quinn v Harrogate. Did he get sent off? Of course not!!!! Yellow card.

Arguably it was worse!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/1 ... been-a-red

But sure where is the equality? This was right in front of everyone.
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bear 73 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:39 pm

Problem is V_A_R, s is also controversial.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:41 pm

But i do agree were is the equality
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Instead of spreading love we're spreading animosity...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby StagInHucknall » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Instead of spreading love we're spreading animosity...

What’s that supposed to mean?

The question many people are asking is why is the law not being applied EQUALLY?

If the law is not applied equally and fairly then what is the point of having laws and rules in the first place?

If Quinn were to take this example of a QPR player being basically absolved of something he’s been heavily punished for to a court and the evidence is there for all to see you’d have to be heavily corrupt to not say they are NOT guilty of the same crime. And so should be receiving the same penalty.
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:58 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Instead of spreading love we're spreading animosity...

:D :D :D :D
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:50 am

StagInHucknall wrote:

Arguably it was worse!

Now we have that Leeds youth breaking the Liverpool players ankle the other day... Outcome? three match ban.

The fact Quinn gets six games when there is far, far worse offences being seen& getting a lesser punishment really does do my head in.

Was it AdI Yussuf that was desperate for a pee at Plymouth? Again unseen by the officials I think? Five game ban then!! That was a complete joke & still we seem to be made an example of for some reason.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:05 am

Beyond The Pale wrote:
StagInHucknall wrote:

Arguably it was worse!

Now we have that Leeds youth breaking the Liverpool players ankle the other day... Outcome? three match ban.

The fact Quinn gets six games when there is far, far worse offences being seen& getting a lesser punishment really does do my head in.

Was it AdI Yussuf that was desperate for a pee at Plymouth? Again unseen by the officials I think? Five game ban then!! That was a complete joke & still we seem to be made an example of for some reason.

The Leeds player made a genuine attempt at a tackle during open play. Had the Liverpool player not been injured it wouldn't have been a red. Similar the the Son tackle on Gomez(?) that was later over turned on appeal.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:22 am

Sneag wrote:
Beyond The Pale wrote:
StagInHucknall wrote:

Arguably it was worse!

The Leeds player made a genuine attempt at a tackle during open play. Had the Liverpool player not been injured it wouldn't have been a red. Similar the the Son tackle on Gomez(?) that was later over turned on appeal.

Spot on. It was a disgrace that one was turned down to be honest, ridiculous decision.
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum