{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quinn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quinn

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:39 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:Quinn is an absolute Jeb end. Don't know about any headbutt but he kicked their man blatantly and right in view of the lino. Can't recall anyone falling over clutching their face but OF COURSE they did. At it all afternoon with stuff like that, their 4 was an absolute sham of a player. We were second best at everything today, but we also got stitched right up all over, too

The 4 went down clutching his, nose when Quinn hadnput his forehead against his. Two of their players ran to the 4th official mimicking a headbutt (presumably demanding a sending off)

Watching this is presumably the reason I missed the kick
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:55 pm

There is footage of the incident on You Tube. Its an interesting video of a father & son visiting football stadiums and they chose Mansfield last week. There is a close-up of the incident. I have to say it was a silly little kick - it reminded me of Beckham's little kick against Argentina .... innocuous, unnecessary and the 'victim' totally over-reacts in order to get the player sent off.
I know retaliation is a rule of the game, but silly little things like that should'nt be a red card. It's not dangerous, not injury inducing - a booking would have been sufficient in my opinion. .... but i acknowledge that rules are rules ... and it was silly.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:01 pm

Vice President wrote:There is footage of the incident on You Tube. Its an interesting video of a father & son visiting football stadiums and they chose Mansfield last week. There is a close-up of the incident. I have to say it was a silly little kick - it reminded me of Beckham's little kick against Argentina .... innocuous, unnecessary and the 'victim' totally over-reacts in order to get the player sent off.
I know retaliation is a rule of the game, but silly little things like that should'nt be a red card. It's not dangerous, not injury inducing - a booking would have been sufficient in my opinion. .... but i acknowledge that rules are rules ... and it was silly.

can you post the link please
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:03 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Vice President wrote:There is footage of the incident on You Tube. Its an interesting video of a father & son visiting football stadiums and they chose Mansfield last week. There is a close-up of the incident. I have to say it was a silly little kick - it reminded me of Beckham's little kick against Argentina .... innocuous, unnecessary and the 'victim' totally over-reacts in order to get the player sent off.

this is probably the one you're referring to

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Vice President » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:20 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Yes - That's the video Martin! It's worth watching. It is an independent (and complimentary) view about the whole match-day experience. It also clearly shows that our penalty appeal was a dive.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:43 pm

I didn't think fans were allowed to video match action?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:44 pm

Dan wrote:I didn't think fans were allowed to video match action?

Good point
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby mtfcjake1 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:50 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Great video by the way, but absolutely stupid from Quinn there... no words.
mtfcjake1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:17 pm

All it highlights to me is how a CH supposedly pushing for a Premier League debut got turned inside out so easily, shocking defending.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:32 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:All it highlights to me is how a CH supposedly pushing for a Premier League debut got turned inside out so easily, shocking defending.

Correct , he is never Premier League player standard
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:36 pm

Shall we give the lad more than one game to make an impression or have we made our minds up?

I’m sure he knows he didn’t play well (despite what Clough said)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:48 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Shall we give the lad more than one game to make an impression or have we made our minds up?

We love a good write off on here after one game :lol:

Hopefully his post ages like his comments about Hemmings
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:00 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Shall we give the lad more than one game to make an impression or have we made our minds up?

We love a good write off on here after one game :lol:

Hopefully his post ages like his comments about Hemmings

I took those comments back and wouldn't have let him leave, I can admit a mistake. The full story doesn't fit your narrative though :roll:
I haven't written him off, just commented it was shocking defending, was it not?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:28 pm

Krystian Pearce was shocking in his first game at Rainworth. He had been relegated at Torquay and looked awful in that first friendly game.

Luke Jones struggled in his early games for the Stags in 2012-2013 (4-1 and 3-1 defeats at Grimsby and Ebbsfleet). Did not really get going until he returned to the team after injury at Macclesfield in late November. He went on to be my Player of the Season.

Lee Beevers was poor in his early games for the Stags in 2012-2013. He became our Captain Scarlet/Indestructible and was a massive player in our defence. Popped his dislocated shoulder back in his socket and carried on playing in front of a very hostile home crowd in a 3-2 win at Luton. Played in a 3-0 win at Barrow when Alan Marriott said Beevers could not even walk on the morning of the game.

Ryan Tafazolli was poor in a 2-0 defeat at Dartford.

Matt Rhead was written off by some fans as a pub player and the worst player the Stags had ever signed on his debut in a 1-0 defeat at Newport.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:59 pm

I’ll raise you a George Pilkington :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:18 am

Dan wrote:I’ll raise you a George Pilkington :D

Now he was crap! Was buzzing when we'd signed him but what a disaster he was
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:51 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

thinking about it Pilkington must rate as one of the most disappointing signings of the last 20 yrs, LuSCUMs captain and main stay defender, came here & just flopped

the curse of the shirt :shock: surely not again
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:56 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:All it highlights to me is how a CH supposedly pushing for a Premier League debut got turned inside out so easily, shocking defending.

Pushing for a premier league debut? doubt he'd be on loan at a league two club if that were true.

Wasn't great defending though, he got beat so easily a few times... but must have been his first proper game for a while
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:21 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

thinking about it Pilkington must rate as one of the most disappointing signings of the last 20 yrs, LuSCUMs captain and main stay defender, came here & just flopped

the curse of the shirt :shock: surely not again

I'm going off topic here, but I'll throw in James Alabi on that list too. Think the only thing he did for us was get sent off :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:31 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bmthstag » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:55 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

How was Quinn sent off if the match officials didn’t see it and the charge was brought after reviewing the video.

Seems like the ref and assistant guessed……

Not defending Quinn’s behaviour btw, but if the ref and/or assistant hadn’t seen it there’s no way he should have been sent off!
bmthstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:57 am

my days... both of them were not sending offs, and we should have had a peno.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:04 am

bmthstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

How was Quinn sent off if the match officials didn’t see it and the charge was brought after reviewing the video.

Seems like the ref and assistant guessed……

Not defending Quinn’s behaviour btw, but if the ref and/or assistant hadn’t seen it there’s no way he should have been sent off!

I 100% agree with that. It doesn’t even say it was witnessed by the fourth official. And which video footage did they use?. Certainly not from the main camera.

If that’s the case the ref needs suspending for three games. A casual observer may say he’s biased against us with the amount of cards he gives our players.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:07 am

I assume the footage they would have used would have come from the analysts camera.

I don't really understand the wording of their statement, but it was the right decision by the letter of the law and Quinn admitted the charge, so it's hard to feel too aggrieved.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rustystag » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:13 am

I honestly didn't think it was that bad the player was in his face shouting Quinn tapped the back of his leg then he screams to the lino you saw that
Rustystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum