{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tonight's games

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tonight's games

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:52 pm

Cockney Stag wrote:The average age of the Crewe squad is 24.2.

They only had 2 players over 30.

They have the best youth system in the lower leagues. Charlie Kirk and Owen Dale being the two most recent examples.

Big big big scouting network... and a lot of volunteers too. Where as we just sign already released kids
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:17 pm

They don’t appear to have too many ready to come off the conveyor belt at the moment. They were very poor last year in L1.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:20 pm

Cockney Stag wrote:The average age of the Crewe squad is 24.2.

They only had 2 players over 30.

They have the best youth system in the lower leagues. Charlie Kirk and Owen Dale being the two most recent examples.

I just don't think they'll be challenging next year
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:54 pm

Sweaties losing 0-2 to Ukraine.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:09 pm

Sneag wrote:Sweaties losing 0-2 to Ukraine.

And looking poorer and poorer as the game goes on. Wales will make themselves unpopular and turn Ukraine over though, imo.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:40 pm

1-3 game over. Scotland were pish.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:00 pm

At least in scotland there is another side as adept at failing as mansfield. :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:31 pm

Contrast Scottish fans booing at 2-0 down early in the second half with MTFC fans, 2-0 down and ten men.

Well done Ukraine, by far the better side.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:58 am

Rob wrote:Contrast Scottish fans booing at 2-0 down early in the second half with MTFC fans, 2-0 down and ten men.

Well done Ukraine, by far the better side.

I've heard Stags fans boo the team off plenty of times even when we haven't been losing.

The support at Wembley, and this season as a whole, has been so nice because it's been such a contrast to previous years. Long may it continue. :D
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:11 am

There was booing at half time at Wembley, coming from the lower tier of the singing section, which I thought was particularly ironic given the reason they were sat at Wembley at all was because of the players they’d just booed off. Wasn’t many but still audible, the guy in front of me ran through an impressive vocabulary of swear words to describe them
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:35 am

The support this year has been outstanding and the 15 minutes of singing at Wembley was amazing. We do seem to have lost some of the vocal critics this season, who boo at every opportunity and inherited a younger, more enthusiastic group of fans who have transformed the atmosphere at games.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:48 am

The singing in the second half was started by one fairly drunken soul who tried for a few minutes to get everyone singing. At first I just looked at him in disbelief, still annoyed with on field events, then I thought raspberry it and we joined in. Thankfully I did because it was bloody brilliant and made me proud to support the club. Wembley and MKD were chalk and cheese…..probably helped by the fact that a lot of the idiots are still on banning orders from MKD :lol: We’re actually getting admirers not just for what’s happening on the pitch or with the owners, but also our amazing support too and long May it continue. :coys:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:10 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:The singing in the second half was started by one fairly drunken soul who tried for a few minutes to get everyone singing. At first I just looked at him in disbelief, still annoyed with on field events, then I thought raspberry it and we joined in. Thankfully I did because it was bloody brilliant and made me proud to support the club. Wembley and MKD were chalk and cheese…..probably helped by the fact that a lot of the idiots are still on banning orders from MKD :lol: We’re actually getting admirers not just for what’s happening on the pitch or with the owners, but also our amazing support too and long May it continue. :coys:

A lot of those on banning orders where actually attacked by MK dons idiots after the game and defending themselves and other fans . if you where there then you would have seen the MK dons fans giving it large right in front of the stags fans .. but you decide to apportion blame at your own fans .. ?
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:14 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:The singing in the second half was started by one fairly drunken soul who tried for a few minutes to get everyone singing. At first I just looked at him in disbelief, still annoyed with on field events, then I thought raspberry it and we joined in. Thankfully I did because it was bloody brilliant and made me proud to support the club. Wembley and MKD were chalk and cheese…..probably helped by the fact that a lot of the idiots are still on banning orders from MKD :lol: We’re actually getting admirers not just for what’s happening on the pitch or with the owners, but also our amazing support too and long May it continue. :coys:

A lot of those on banning orders where actually attacked by MK dons idiots after the game and defending themselves and other fans . if you where there then you would have seen the MK dons fans giving it large right in front of the stags fans .. but you decide to apportion blame at your own fans .. ?

Our own fans that were on the pitch ?
Irrespective of what the MK fans were doing, if you go on the pitch, especially as an away fan, then you deserve whatever punishment they throw at you.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:37 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

I was there. You shouldn’t be on the pitch!!! Idiots in my book.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:22 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

I was there. You shouldn’t be on the pitch!!! Idiots in my book.

I concur with that. Why go in the pitch?
Some folk just can't handle a pint or two and a little disappointment.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:24 am

I agree to a point but there were literally hundreds of MK Dons fans on the pitch and how many of them got banned. Thames Valley police weren’t interested.
If you’re going to bring charges against some then let’s do it for everyone who encroaches.
I think we have won plaudits and we’ll done to everyone!
COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:36 am

yorkstag wrote:I agree to a point but there were literally hundreds of MK Dons fans on the pitch and how many of them got banned. Thames Valley police weren’t interested.
If you’re going to bring charges against some then let’s do it for everyone who encroaches.
I think we have won plaudits and we’ll done to everyone!
COYS

Whereas it’s nice we’ve won plaudits it’s because sadly yet again we came so close and cocked it up (again). There wouldn’t be all this if we’d have won.

Hopefully next season what happens on the pitch is what the plaudits are lauding us for.

As a set of fans we’ve been brilliant this season, i hope it carries on in both numbers and attitude for next season.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:15 am

As bad as we were I reckon we could've given that bunch of no hopers who masquerade as the England team a run for their money last night.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:57 am

Spiritater wrote:As bad as we were I reckon we could've given that bunch of no hopers who masquerade as the England team a run for their money last night.

They need to be brave and sick Sir Gareth asap
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:58 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Spiritater wrote:As bad as we were I reckon we could've given that bunch of no hopers who masquerade as the England team a run for their money last night.

He’s been lucky. We were poor when we made the WC semis and lost in a final against a team unable to qualify for the WC. He’s very average but the stats suggest otherwise hey. Certainly not even a premier league level manager surely. Tin hat on.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:13 am

Sedgwick wrote:

Yes a WC semi-final and Euro Final just isn't good enough. Let's get Cappello back :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:16 am

Couldn’t care less about the Nations League, especially at the end of a season when everyone is knackered.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:20 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Couldn’t care less about the Nations League, especially at the end of a season when everyone is knackered.

It's a tarted up friendly just at a time when no-one wants one, De Bruyne was right, as he usually is. What the game did do was again demonstrate what UEFA are, utterly incompetent. There's a lot of that about at the moment :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:22 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Couldn’t care less about the Nations League, especially at the end of a season when everyone is knackered.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum