{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Will Match Day Programmes Survive?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Will Match Day Programmes Survive?

Postby bear 73 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:46 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:
Amberheart wrote:Let’s hope so , part of the match day experience for me .
Much better than staring at a phone screen in my opinion

:good_post:

One of my treasured programmes, Arsenal v Stags FA Cup 1929

Well done a nice idea, looks brilliant
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:57 pm

Wonder if they will become a pre-order thing so they only print the correct amount to those who want them.

You could also have a QR code to just download to your phone for a smaller fee?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:20 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby 88BenM » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:07 pm

Not very much content to it at all this season. Feels like a third of the size compared to previous seasons. Love the front covers on them.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:21 pm

88BenM wrote:Not very much content to it at all this season. Feels like a third of the size compared to previous seasons. Love the front covers on them.

50% less pages than season, 50p cheaper, which I can understand to try and lower costs and increase sales.

However, what I don't understand, when it's said that the future of the matchday programme is dependant on sales that outside the ground it's never been harder to actually buy a programme in all the time I've supported Stags, since the 70's.

Bristol Rovers game outside the ground at 1.45pm, could not find a programme seller anywhere !!!!

Preston, playing a Championship team, the club could not even be bothered to print a programme !!!!

Even local Step 7 non-league teams print programmes.

So disappointing to go from an award winning programme to appear to not be @#!&/"$
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:30 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:
88BenM wrote:Not very much content to it at all this season. Feels like a third of the size compared to previous seasons. Love the front covers on them.

50% less pages than season, 50p cheaper, which I can understand to try and lower costs and increase sales.

However, what I don't understand, when it's said that the future of the matchday programme is dependant on sales that outside the ground it's never been harder to actually buy a programme in all the time I've supported Stags, since the 70's.

Bristol Rovers game outside the ground at 1.45pm, could not find a programme seller anywhere !!!!

Preston, playing a Championship team, the club could not even be bothered to print a programme !!!!

Even local Step 7 non-league teams print programmes.

So disappointing to go from an award winning programme to appear to not be @#!&/"$

It's hard to disagree. To say they're using this season as a yard stick, they seem to be doing well to discourage folks.

For those interested and those that like to buy one, but like myself, don't want to carry it around on a match day, you can purchase them via the below link and they're sent through the post.

https://www.ignitionsportsmedia.com/col ... field-town

Not even a section for the away team in it this year, just a page with a few random stats in the back. Very few unique articles either.

I will continue to purchase them as I would like them to continue being printed. Absolutely zero nostalgia in downloading a link on your phone.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:48 pm

Colchester last night produced a very good programme which was given away free to all supporters.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:14 pm

part time pete wrote:Colchester last night produced a very good programme which was given away free to all supporters.

Yes it was excellent. There’s some on eBay if anyone didn’t get one.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum