{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Coventry scorefred - back home in front of the faithful

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Coventry scorefred - back home in front of the faithful

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:08 am

MTFCMusings wrote:I’m pretty sure Drysdale was on loan at Cambridge last season.

Declan Drysdale was on loan at Gillingham with 6(4) league apps and then Cambridge United with 12(1) league apps.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:36 am

Comments from Coventry fans (fans are always fans with differing opinions :lol: )

"Not a bad team actually, I’d heard we were bringing a B team tonight"

"Only 3 first team players at a push Wilson, Sheaf, Walker. Only Walker is a proven championship level player in that line up. Glad I didn't travel."

"Da Costa and Jones are first team aren’t they?"

"Mansfield have missed at least two open goals... we've been awful at the back. Jones looks like he's getting better."

"They are practically playing us off the park. Should be 3 down."

"Anyone got Kenny Jackett's number?"

"45 minutes to save his job."

"Bright has done more in 30 seconds than the rest managed in an hour. That skill by Bright… unbelievable!!!!"

"With any luck, only Sheaf will be in our starting 11 against Forest anyway"

"Jones is stand out again. Bright showed his flashes of quality. Good run out for some of the younger lads! Howley looks a player, Reid also looked good"

"Bright very sharp when he came on. Walker looked very poor though, no way he should be playing up top on his own at any point this season"

"Tyler Walker has not stopped running tonight. My MOM."

"He certainly worked hard but really had very little service and therefore didn't achieve a lot. Interesting that he has been played on his own up front against Seville, Cheltenham and Mansfield but Waghorn and Gyokores have been played as a pair. From last season and the friendlies we have played this, I can't see Walker succeeding as a lone striker. He doesn't seem to have the physicality needed to play that role. It will be good to see what he can do playing with another striker."

"The Mansfield fans are raving about how brilliant they were, how their midfield bossed a championship side, when in reality they don't realise that it was basically an u23s side labelled as the 1st team. The only exceptions being Wilson, Jones (not played for 2 years) Sheaf and Walker that started, and by the end of the game a significantly underfit Bright was the only "1st team" player on the pitch and they couldn't handle him. Put Hamer, O'Hare, Waghorn and co out there and it's a different game."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:10 pm

After last night’s performance this could be the best squad we’ve had since the early 2000s also the pitch looks better than ever.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby bear 73 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:46 pm

Still waiting for the game to come on ifollow, once more Clough happy on this pre -season run out, Coventry fielded a young team , but has Clough stated the talent being two divisions above us was there, apart from more goals it seems the lads performed well and again we took something from the game moving forward,
A good interview from Lapslie saying it was a hard pre-season and players bonding well, with no bad eggs in the squad,
bodes well for NO I IN TEAM
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:49 pm

wardy12345 wrote:After last night’s performance this could be the best squad we’ve had since the early 2000s also the pitch looks better than ever.

Let's not get carried away.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:45 pm

When will poor people highlights be up, asking for Spiro ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:01 pm

You can now watch the full match of Mansfield's win over Coventry City yesterday on iFollow Stags.

Go to latest videos, and choose First half: Stags 1-0 Coventry.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:21 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It was a fairly inexperienced Coventry team last night but a good performance by the Stags.

Coventry's Championship Appearances 2020-2021
Ben Wilson (Keeper) 26(1)
Ben Sheaf 21(19)
Tyler Walker 20(11)
Julien Dacosta 10(8)
Will Bapaga 0(2)

Josh Reid, Declan Drysdale, Blaine Rowe, Aaron Evans-Harriott, Ryan Howley, Fabio Taveres and Harrison Nee are all listed as U23s.

Only Julien Da Costa and Ben Sheaf started for Coventry against Forest in The Championship. Tyler Walker came on as a sub. Jodi Jones and Ben Wilson were on the bench.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:51 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It was a fairly inexperienced Coventry team last night but a good performance by the Stags.

Ben Sheaf 21(19)
Tyler Walker 20(11)
Julien Dacosta 10(8)
Will Bapaga 0(2)

Josh Reid, Declan Drysdale, Blaine Rowe, Aaron Evans-Harriott, Ryan Howley, Fabio Taveres and Harrison Nee are all listed as U23s.

Only Julien Da Costa and Ben Sheaf started for Coventry against Forest in The Championship. Tyler Walker came on as a sub. Jodi Jones and Ben Wilson were on the bench.

Jodi Jones came on 2nd half too.

Forset lost in96th minute. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:54 am

I thought neither Coventry or Florist looked anything other than bottom half/bottom 6 teams. Florist need to recruit and fast or it'll be a long dark winter at the Chity Ground.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:03 am

Sneag wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

Ben Sheaf 21(19)
Tyler Walker 20(11)
Julien Dacosta 10(8)
Will Bapaga 0(2)

Jodi Jones came on 2nd half too.

Forset lost in96th minute. :lol:

Sat in Oak Tree watching with my Florist fan brother and his family. Said to him when they conceded the free kick that led to the winner, 'It's about this time in our game when DJ stepped up to win the game for us. I don't suppose...'
The look on his face told me he knew what was coming :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:13 am

Could a league 1 fixture next season be Mansfield vs Nottingham Forest?

I'm currently winding up a lad at work who supports them that it could happen.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum