{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

matchday pricing and Quarry Lane membership

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: matchday pricing and Quarry Lane membership

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:53 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Terrible view. For real ?

He's definitely not real. If you go to every game you watch a high proportion from behind the goal. Personally I prefer the side but find the Upper Tier too detached from the action. Its where the prawn sandwich brigade sit ;) I love it towards the back of the Lower tier, it's where I've been since 1988 having been in the Bish and NS as a kid.

No denying the view from the WS is good but I like being behind the goals.

So do I.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:28 pm

‘88’ - if Steve Evans was a bingo number
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:25 am

QLE membership cards still not available but members can still get discount tickets they just ask for name and postcode, mate been down today.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:47 am

Brizzle sold 1100 tickets as of yesterday
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:28 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby StagInHucknall » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:25 am

Just want to say I think the Quarry Lane deal is a really smart bit of business. I’m also bringing along two mates who haven’t watched live league football and I convinced them to buy the memberships as well. £15/game is the best value in the area. Forest and Notts aren’t doing deals like this as far as I’m aware. But I also chose Mansfield because with the size of field mill I reckon we can generate a really decent atmosphere with 5-6k of us in the ground. I’ve been to games at meadow Lane with 5-6k and there’s just no atmosphere in a quarter full stadium.

Yes the match day tickets individually are quite expensive but the season tickets are pretty good value to offset that.

Hopefully those of us that can’t afford the £26/match will just sign up to QL memberships and we can pack out that end and really make some noise.

And btw I grew up in Brighton and my local team used to charge £26 to watch league 1/2 football in the worst stadium in the country. It had a running track round the pitch so you were miles away and it had no roof so you got soaked.

So compare that to field mill and £26 you are getting a great deal in a sweet stadium.

COYS
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:08 am

StagInHucknall wrote:Just want to say I think the Quarry Lane deal is a really smart bit of business. I’m also bringing along two mates who haven’t watched live league football and I convinced them to buy the memberships as well. £15/game is the best value in the area. Forest and Notts aren’t doing deals like this as far as I’m aware. But I also chose Mansfield because with the size of field mill I reckon we can generate a really decent atmosphere with 5-6k of us in the ground. I’ve been to games at meadow Lane with 5-6k and there’s just no atmosphere in a quarter full stadium.

Yes the match day tickets individually are quite expensive but the season tickets are pretty good value to offset that.

Hopefully those of us that can’t afford the £26/match will just sign up to QL memberships and we can pack out that end and really make some noise.

And btw I grew up in Brighton and my local team used to charge £26 to watch league 1/2 football in the worst stadium in the country. It had a running track round the pitch so you were miles away and it had no roof so you got soaked.

So compare that to field mill and £26 you are getting a great deal in a sweet stadium.

COYS

Plenty of us on here will have seen the Stags play at Withdean, it was awful and we were shoved into a corner about 6 miles from the pitch.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:11 am

Rob wrote:
StagInHucknall wrote:Just want to say I think the Quarry Lane deal is a really smart bit of business. I’m also bringing along two mates who haven’t watched live league football and I convinced them to buy the memberships as well. £15/game is the best value in the area. Forest and Notts aren’t doing deals like this as far as I’m aware. But I also chose Mansfield because with the size of field mill I reckon we can generate a really decent atmosphere with 5-6k of us in the ground. I’ve been to games at meadow Lane with 5-6k and there’s just no atmosphere in a quarter full stadium.

COYS

Plenty of us on here will have seen the Stags play at Withdean, it was awful and we were shoved into a corner about 6 miles from the pitch.

#GoaloftheDay from Withdean shown during lockdown:
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby NEStag » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:43 am

COYS

Went to the Withdean for a 6 - 0 opening of the season shocker in August 1999.

We played so badly that Dearden kept them in the Centre circle at the end of the match. Only good memory of the game was some of the stags fans having 100m running races on the track at half time.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:11 am

It's quite unbelievable that Dearden kept that side up, for me one of the finest managerial achievements in our history. I seem to recall Cowling had a nightmare that day.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:12 am

Rob wrote:

COYS

I hit a driver less distance.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby StagInHucknall » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:43 pm

Rob wrote:

COYS

I always felt sorry for away fans. Paying top dollar for the worst view and experience in the football league. But Withdean kept the club alive (albeit on life support) so it was Withdean or extinction at the time. It was only supposed to be stop gap but Brighton had so much opposition from local councils and residents at proposed site Brighton eventually spent 11/12 years at that place.
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby StagInHucknall » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:46 pm

NEStag wrote:

COYS

Went to the Withdean for a 6 - 0 opening of the season shocker in August 1999.

We played so badly that Dearden kept them in the Centre circle at the end of the match. Only good memory of the game was some of the stags fans having 100m running races on the track at half time.

The Brighton squad were buoyed by having a home again after 2 years homeless and a 180 mile round trip to Gillingham for home games (dark days). Mansfield were in the wrong place at the wrong time :D

100m running races :D
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:16 pm

StagInHucknall wrote:
Rob wrote:

COYS

I always felt sorry for away fans. Paying top dollar for the worst view and experience in the football league. But Withdean kept the club alive (albeit on life support) so it was Withdean or extinction at the time. It was only supposed to be stop gap but Brighton had so much opposition from local councils and residents at proposed site Brighton eventually spent 11/12 years at that place.

I was also at the game at the Goldstone which many Brighton fans boycotted. About 96/97?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:18 pm

Rob wrote:
StagInHucknall wrote:
Rob wrote:

COYS

I was also at the game at the Goldstone which many Brighton fans boycotted. About 96/97?

another #GoaloftheDay !

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Weren't we winning 1-0 then their fans came in and we drew? I remember the park near the ground packed with Albion fans, it was actually a bit of a party atmosphere.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:45 pm

Rob wrote:Weren't we winning 1-0 then their fans came in and we drew? I remember the park near the ground packed with Albion fans, it was actually a bit of a party atmosphere.

We had a great weekend for that fixture, well apart from the accommodation, which at the time was horrendous, but I guess in recent years has helped create the memories.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby StagInHucknall » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:36 pm

Rob wrote:
StagInHucknall wrote:
Rob wrote:

COYS

I didn’t start watching Brighton properly until 2004 (my early 20s) so I can only remember being at the goldstone about 5 times as a kid. I would have been 14/15 then and not really interested in football :)

But they would have been boycotting over the owner who nearly destroyed the club (selling the goldstone to developers and making Brighton homeless). Amazing how they can go from to what they’ve become today. But the great thing is that as a result of this they were saved by Brighton fan Dick Knight et al who kept the club going all those years before being handed over to money man and fan Tony Bloom.
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:41 pm

That's pretty much what happened here. Ran into the ground. Bought by a group of local fans and then handed to a fan with deep pockets.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:56 pm

StagInHucknall wrote:along
StagInHucknall wrote:
Rob wrote:

COYS

To keep a club alive very often requires desperate measures and you can't blame the club for employing them.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum