{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

matchday pricing and Quarry Lane membership

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: matchday pricing and Quarry Lane membership

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:42 am

FarnieStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
FarnieStag wrote:Well at £26 for Upper West tickets that's my occasional matchday mate done with the Stags. He usually gets to about 6 or 7 matches and he works for the NHS in an admin job that's little more than minimum wage, so has finallly admitted it's no longer affordable for him.
As usual the Stags shoot themselves in the foot with a bitterly disappointing pricing structure which fails time-and-time again to lure in much-needed occasional/floating fans. I've not looked into it, but I'm pretty certain that these prices must be the same-as or at least pretty close to Forest/Derby?
And as for the "buy a season ticket!" brigade, good luck on seeing even 30% of matches with another lockdown looking more-and-more probable.

I can understand you moaning about the price of match day tickets. Maybe you should both consider investing in a QL membership given he attends 6 or 7 games.

Your last paragraph seems a bit mean and petty I have to say.

Fair comment, looking back those words do seem mean and could have been put better.

For reference though, I have a season ticket. There just seem to be a lot on here that can't get their heads around the fact that there are lots of genuine Stags fans who don't want to or can't buy a season ticket for lots of reasons (eg upfront cost, can't get to many games, just the general faff). And they won't buy a Quarry Lane pass for same reasons, in addition to not wanting to put up with a north gale force wind.
I know in the past the club have lowered prices for three league games (I think in line with EFL rules ). Hopefully they are looking at doing that again. I think any other reductions are not feasible. I'm not currently a season ticket holder and I'm content to go the QL membership route. I do accept though that season ticket holders should have more privileges than me. If the match day prices were low, I think it would be unfair to the season ticket holders.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:56 am

What about the adult and kid deal for £18? Is that still running?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:03 pm

ParisStag wrote:What about the adult and kid deal for £18? Is that still running?

Still running but is £25 now.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:57 pm

part time pete wrote:
ParisStag wrote:What about the adult and kid deal for £18? Is that still running?

Still running but is £25 now.

Now that's inflation! Blimey.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:10 pm

£18 for adult and child ticket and £20-odd for just an adult. I can see why they increased that. Be cheaper to have an imaginary kid.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:36 pm

Time to crack on now, otherwise we’ll be spending the rest of our lives messing around with this.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:23 pm

The club have announced prices for next season, and of coarse they do not suit every one, whats new.
We look at the package that suits us , this forum could run until next June, anyone thinking that the Radfords have a unlimited source of revenue to keep this club afloat is mistaken
The club has to be viable and self supporting, every 2 weeks £24 is £12 a week, and if you get a season ticket, or Quarry lane membership well you are quids in.
a random fan who wants to pick his matches £24 pound is not over the top.
I used to share a season ticket with a work mate to keep cost down, and if their was a big cup match, being a season ticket holder, we got first choice.
were theirs a will there is a way,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:59 pm

Not meaning to be annoying ,but the qle membership is a really good deal imo ,45 quid up front then cheap tickets really cannot understand the moaners ,ok the igu is a tad expensive ,but i think the club is offering an alternative just my opinion
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:06 pm

Torrystag wrote:Not meaning to be annoying ,but the qle membership is a really good deal imo ,45 quid up front then cheap tickets really cannot understand the moaners ,ok the igu is a tad expensive ,but i think the club is offering an alternative just my opinion

The only problem is with the membership is that its for the QLE.... terrible view... No atmosphere and 2 super slow kiosk workers trying to feed 1200 people :lol:

IGU is far superior
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:19 pm

Terrible view. For real ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:12 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Torrystag wrote:Not meaning to be annoying ,but the qle membership is a really good deal imo ,45 quid up front then cheap tickets really cannot understand the moaners ,ok the igu is a tad expensive ,but i think the club is offering an alternative just my opinion

The only problem is with the membership is that its for the QLE.... terrible view... No atmosphere and 2 super slow kiosk workers trying to feed 1200 people :lol:

IGU is far superior

If you want the best view in the house, you pay more for it. That happens at every event with spectators up and down the country.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:09 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Terrible view. For real ?

He's definitely not real. If you go to every game you watch a high proportion from behind the goal. Personally I prefer the side but find the Upper Tier too detached from the action. Its where the prawn sandwich brigade sit ;) I love it towards the back of the Lower tier, it's where I've been since 1988 having been in the Bish and NS as a kid.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:14 pm

Rob wrote:

He's definitely not real. If you go to every game you watch a high proportion from behind the goal. Personally I prefer the side but find the Upper Tier too detached from the action. Its where the prawn sandwich brigade sit ;) I love it towards the back of the Lower tier, it's where I've been since 1988 having been in the Bish and NS as a kid.

1988. That's a great year that :D
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:20 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Rob wrote:

Was that the last time Flitcroft won a match as Manager? :D ;)

*Awaits an Evans response* :D

I think it was also the last time Evans ate a salad? :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm

Rob wrote:

No denying the view from the WS is good but I like being behind the goals.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:30 pm

Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Rob wrote:

88, that's the size of SE's ideal squad :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:50 pm

The only good view you get from the west stand upper is a lovely veiw of the Bishop St roof and St. Peter’s retail park
Oh and sorry the pitch down below ....
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:19 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Rob wrote:

Brilliant! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:55 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Rob wrote:

"shortlist" of targets was initially 22 players.. with a B sheet that contained a further 10 targets and a C sheet with 8 on It..... so thats almost half way to 88, plus that was only one transfer window. :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:18 am

Mmmmm very quarry lane membership related that one !!?.
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby nigegray » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:53 pm

evening can anyone post a link for the download quarry lane membership form thats needed to apply online?
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:26 pm

nigegray wrote:evening can anyone post a link for the download quarry lane membership form thats needed to apply online?

The link is in this

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2021 ... confirmed/
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Oldamber55 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:24 pm

Go to the ticket office they have them already printed off .. on a table in a box ... fill it it hand it over and away you go
We did this on Monday... no hassle.
Oldamber55
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BigStag51 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:33 pm

Applied for mine over the telephone , it took no more than 5 minutes.
BigStag51
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:42 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum