{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

matchday pricing and Quarry Lane membership

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

matchday pricing and Quarry Lane membership

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:40 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: matchday pricing and Quarry Lane membership

Postby my name is jonas » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:58 am

Prob end up getting one but the £45 up front is a bit much compared to recent years.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby Random Hero » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:58 am

£26 on the day to watch a fourth division football match from the upper tier. :shock:

I can't say I'm surprised, given it is in line with previous price rises. But just take a step back for a second and look at where we are currently at... twenty six quid! How are ordinary, working class folk expected to afford that?!

I know it's not just us - football in this country is in a dire state, and needs urgent reform.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:17 am

£25 adult price in Quarry Lane end a bit steep.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:23 am

Not sure if it is a mis print but the QLE family ticket is same price before match day as it is on match day.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Paulstag » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:54 am

oldweststander wrote:£25 adult price in Quarry Lane end a bit steep.

I bet that this is so we can charge the away fans the same price as the quarry lane full price.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:54 am

£26 walk in WSU ouch

heard it was going to be £25 max
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:06 pm

#TwentyIsPlenty

Mansfield get a lot right but they get this consistently wrong.

It's so expensive.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:40 pm

The fine line between wages, ambition and price structure.

If we want to go up the leagues, it needs to be financed.

I think it's a bit steep, however, I'm in a fortunate situation to be able to afford a season ticket. I appreciate others may not be in this climate.

I've heard certain hierarchy within the club have been on furlough which totally shocked me, so its not as if we've been stung by high wage bills and are trying to recoup losses through wages.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:43 pm

Agree with AWC, the radfords by and large have sadly got the ticket pricing horribly wrong.

Yes, the deal for STHs has been generous and well received (rightfully so) but to a degree the STHS aren’t the main crowd they should be trying to attract, it’s the floating and young fans - which won’t be enticed by this.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tinman » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:47 pm

£26 :shock:

I used to get in for 5 bob and included in that was the corrugated sheeting at the back of the North Stand to take my frustrations out on
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:08 pm

This is what I predicted last weekend

yorkshire stag wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Interestingly that no information is available on match day prices or QL Membership yet.

I would imagine there will be a lot of moaning after the early bird offer passes when the early bird offers a lot better value than other ways of watching the Stags.

Committed supporters get season tickets even if they cannot get to every home game.

You know it makes sense, get a season ticket before the prices go up.

not everyone is able to make every weekend Pete, i’ll be bloody moaning if we put match day prices up that’s for sure youth

Don’t complain then when watching a dozen matches costs more than a cheap price season ticket.
part time pete

Postby part time pete » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:12 pm

Early bird adult season ticket £325

A bakers dozen games in UIG stand at match day prices £26x13 = £338
part time pete

Postby Sneag » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:36 pm

Season ticket prices are great & the fullt committed get an excellent deal.

The matchday prices do nothing to win back lost fans or to encourage new support.

IF we have a good season the average may get up to 4,000. A repeat of the last 2 season will see gates pegged at ST holders + away support.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:43 pm

Family club my arse!

For me and the 2 lads its £60 a game :shock:
JR does realise were still in league 2 right?

Im sorry but £16 for a 7 year old is ludicrous

And people on here wonder why IPTV/piracy use is rife amongst us poor people!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:51 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Family club my arse!

Cannot argue with that
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:02 pm

A seven year old is only £45 for the season
part time pete

Postby Scothie the Stag » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Season ticket holder here, but a bit disappointed in the matchday prices, although I can understand it.

That said, in your situation you should be able to watch it for £31 per match (plus a £15 outlay) if you're willing to sit in the Quarry Lane End.
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby lifestags » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:20 pm

Didn't realise it was that much for 7-17 year old!

We're not trying to attract the young/Floating fans are we. :?

I wonder how many people would of taken the early bird season ticket deal if they knew the prices would be this high on a matchday?
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:29 pm

Rather than all on this thread ‘tub thump’ and type with the ferocity of ‘indignant from Berry Hill’ what would they expect to pay as a fair and financially sustainable amount for entry?

Anyone? Anyone?

Myself, I respect that the club have crunched the numbers accordingly to ensure it’s viability. Though as I often take friends and relatives as guests I can see both sides of the season ticket / ‘day ticket’ arguments. As for ‘twenty is plenty’, would those paying twenty be happy to pay additional fees for food and drink to offset the reduction in ticket prices?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:35 pm

lifestags wrote:Didn't realise it was that much for 7-17 year old!

I wonder how many people would of taken the early bird season ticket deal if they knew the prices would be this high on a matchday?

I would say that £45 for a 7-12 year old season ticket is definitely an attempt to attract the young fans. They only have to go 4 times and they are in profit.
When my stepson was that age nearly 20 years ago it was £60 for a Junior ST and the matchday price was about £8 back then. He couldn't go to every game because sometimes he was at his Dad's when we were at home, but it still made sense to get him an ST as we were in profit after 8 games out of 23.
Sometimes people don't look at the bigger picture - I can usually make about 15/16 games a season so some years I win and others I lose, but I know people who normally do about 19/20 home matches and don't buy a ST because "I can't make it to every game".
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:39 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Rather than all on this thread ‘tub thump’ and type with the ferocity of ‘indignant from Berry Hill’ what would they expect to pay as a fair and financially sustainable amount for entry?

Anyone? Anyone?

Myself, I respect that the club have crunched the numbers accordingly to ensure it’s viability. Though as I often take friends and relatives as guests I can see both sides of the season ticket / ‘day ticket’ arguments. As for ‘twenty is plenty’, would those paying twenty be happy to pay additional fees for food and drink to offset the reduction in ticket prices?

Personally, I think £20 is plenty for this level of football. When you factor in snap from the kiosk, pint before and or after. that's £30 from just me.

However... I fully appreciate if we dropped to £20 we wouldn't get the extra revenue in ticket sales. Our fan base wouldn't increase by 1/3rd (ish) to cover that £6 per loss per match. Couple with peoples ambition expectation that we should walk the league... that isn't free.

if the club was doing better off the field, commercially etc then maybe a price reduction, but at the moment the hospitality of it all is dead.

There will always be an excuse.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:44 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

I would say that £45 for a 7-12 year old season ticket is definitely an attempt to attract the young fans. They only have to go 4 times and they are in profit.
When my stepson was that age nearly 20 years ago it was £60 for a Junior ST and the matchday price was about £8 back then. He couldn't go to every game because sometimes he was at his Dad's when we were at home, but it still made sense to get him an ST as we were in profit after 8 games out of 23.
Sometimes people don't look at the bigger picture - I can usually make about 15/16 games a season so some years I win and others I lose, but I know people who normally do about 19/20 home matches and don't buy a ST because "I can't make it to every game".

Good point

But I just feel we would of sold more early bird tickets if they announced the match day prices a the same time.

When you have it in writing, in the same article, £45 for a season or £16 pound a match day, it will make people think of the bigger picture.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:45 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Rather than all on this thread ‘tub thump’ and type with the ferocity of ‘indignant from Berry Hill’ what would they expect to pay as a fair and financially sustainable amount for entry?

Anyone? Anyone?

Personally, I think £20 is plenty for this level of football. When you factor in snap from the kiosk, pint before and or after. that's £30 from just me.

However... I fully appreciate if we dropped to £20 we wouldn't get the extra revenue in ticket sales. Our fan base wouldn't increase by 1/3rd (ish) to cover that £6 per loss per match. Couple with peoples ambition expectation that we should walk the league... that isn't free.

if the club was doing better off the field, commercially etc then maybe a price reduction, but at the moment the hospitality of it all is dead.

There will always be an excuse.

I agree with the point that this season we may increase the fan base based upon a decrease in individual match priced tickets as this season we have genuine hope, solid foundations and and an air of patient expectations. However we’re we to have a start based upon the Dempster / Coughlan seasons that fan base could decrease immediately. The problem is that all of the ticket prices are based upon predictions and business models that we don’t see.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:50 pm

lifestags wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Good point

But I just feel we would of sold more early bird tickets if they announced the match day prices a the same time.

When you have it in writing, in the same article, £45 for a season or £16 pound a match day, it will make people think of the bigger picture.

Anybody with any common sense would have known match day prices would be high compared to season ticket prices.
part time pete

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum