{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Christian Eriksen

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Christian Eriksen

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:16 am

Hjeldefan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Apparently Simon Kjær was a bloody hero today. He stopped Eriksen swollowing his tongue, organised the players to form a ring around him for privacy and then comforted his wife.

Kjær is a hero mate. Nothing short of a miracle he pulled through. Nothing surprises me with the BBC, they’re a nasty, vindictive organisation at the best of times. If everyone didn’t pay their license, that would help. Lots refuse and even the PM said it should be scrapped. How can you be forced to pay for channels you might not need. Very communist.

About as nasty as using a mans near death as an excuse to put across your political agenda eh.

Precisely. Utterly classless comment. Let’s keep politics out of this potential tragedy eh ? If you want to debate the legitimacy of the BBC, start a thread in the politics section. I’ll join in then.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldyellow » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:18 am

Terrible scenes, took me back to Southend in April 2001 , the Referee (Mike North) went down in exactly the same way and seeing this I feared the worse, Thankfully He's pulled through, here's hoping he makes a full recovery.
oldyellow
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby part time pete » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:45 am

What I cant understand about all these people saying how wrong it was having to watch the horrible scenes, surely they have an off button on their tv.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:48 am

Significant talk already about defibrillators going into youth football clubs and schools in the last 16 hours
I have been contacted by someone who wants to donate the money to have one at our school.
Last edited by georgefostersbeard on Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:53 am

part time pete wrote:What I cant understand about all these people saying how wrong it was having to watch the horrible scenes, surely they have an off button on their tv.

Or those eye type things which close as well as open. I was watching the cricket and had my eyes closed most of the time.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:57 am

Just total shock, how someones life can change in seconds, im sure everybody feels for him his family and friends at the terrible time.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby weststander » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:59 am

part time pete wrote:What I cant understand about all these people saying how wrong it was having to watch the horrible scenes, surely they have an off button on their tv.

Which is exactly what I did. I hadn't really been watching the game and was in and out of the room. I came back in after 10 minutes outside to see a player on his back recieving an electric shock. After thinking " . ", I turned off as I really didn't want to watch and put on the BBC news website for more information. Horrible horrible horrible. Can't imagine how his wife and family must have felt.
weststander
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:09 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Apparently Simon Kjær was a bloody hero today. He stopped Eriksen swollowing his tongue, organised the players to form a ring around him for privacy and then comforted his wife.

Kjær is a hero mate. Nothing short of a miracle he pulled through. Nothing surprises me with the BBC, they’re a nasty, vindictive organisation at the best of times. If everyone didn’t pay their license, that would help. Lots refuse and even the PM said it should be scrapped. How can you be forced to pay for channels you might not need. Very communist.

About as nasty as using a mans near death as an excuse to put across your political agenda eh.

Precisely. Utterly classless comment. Let’s keep politics out of this potential tragedy eh ? If you want to debate the legitimacy of the BBC, start a thread in the politics section. I’ll join in then.

Nope. It’s in the right thread. It’s been said everywhere else in many other media outlets, but you guys just twist it into something it’s not. Just keep arguing on the other thread hey. Edit: apologies. I suppose mentioning the BBC in any form on this thread could be deemed political. It wasn’t the intention. Just a highlight of the surroundings of what happened.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:42 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

Hark at you!

Talk about disgusting, how about you trying to make a political point out of this situation, a man nearly loses his life and all you can say is ‘defund the BBC.’ Clown.

Oh and by the way, if the BBC’s coverage was so disgusting how come you know every detail of it, I mean you certainly didn’t watch it did you, that would have been just as disgusting no? That would have been supporting the ‘communist’ BBC wouldn’t it?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:47 pm

Big yella wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Hark at you!

Talk about disgusting, how about you trying to make a political point out of this situation, a man nearly loses his life and all you can say is ‘defund the BBC.’ Clown.

Oh and by the way, if the BBC’s coverage was so disgusting how come you know every detail of it, I mean you certainly didn’t watch it did you, that would have been just as disgusting no? That would have been supporting the ‘communist’ BBC wouldn’t it?

You may not have seen my edit. Also it wasn’t me that knew every detail. I responded to someone that did. Clown!!!
Anyway this will be my last comment on Stagsnet. Acct deleted after this.
Last edited by cassellswasmagic on Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Glad you put this on the Stags forum Whiffy and not ‘other football’. He might never have been a stag or played against us, but this is a football family and I’m so happy if it’s true that he’s pulled through. Watching that was heartbreaking and we probably all feared the worse. He won’t play again I’d have thought, but good look with your recovery Christian. Puts all sport in perspective when this happens.

So you did watch it. Liar.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:55 pm

Big yella wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Glad you put this on the Stags forum Whiffy and not ‘other football’. He might never have been a stag or played against us, but this is a football family and I’m so happy if it’s true that he’s pulled through. Watching that was heartbreaking and we probably all feared the worse. He won’t play again I’d have thought, but good look with your recovery Christian. Puts all sport in perspective when this happens.

So you did watch it. Liar.

Never said I didn’t. I said I didn’t know the full details. Bye.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:47 pm

Its easy to criticize the BBC coverage and even easier to press the off button on your remote.

I remember being at Shrewsbury when their goal keeping coach callapsed right in front of us during the warm up and I believe died.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:34 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Big yella wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Hark at you!

You may not have seen my edit. Also it wasn’t me that knew every detail. I responded to someone that did. Clown!!!
Anyway this will be my last comment on Stagsnet. Acct deleted after this.

Now that’s a flounce.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:35 pm

I think that’s a bit disingenuous. I watched and I suspect many others did, not out of ghoulish fascination, but in the hope that we’d see a positive sign.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:44 pm

sunray wrote:Its easy to criticize the BBC coverage and even easier to press the off button on your remote.

I remember being at Shrewsbury when their goal keeping coach callapsed right in front of us during the warm up and I believe died.

Its easy to criticise the broadcast, because they got it so so so so flipping wrong.

It shouldn't be broadcast in the first place, what a raspberry trying to spin it on people for not "pressing the off button". Fans want to watch and know he's ok without having to watch an extreme close up of him having CPR.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:46 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

I think that’s a bit disingenuous. I watched and I suspect many others did, not out of ghoulish fascination, but in the hope that we’d see a positive sign.

Agreed
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:27 am

I’m sure had they not showed anything some people would’ve moaned at them for not showing what was happening. It’s how we’re built, human nature if you like. You only have to see what happens when there’s a bad accident on the motorway. Everyone slows down so they can have a look. You know you shouldn’t but you just do. Anyone who says they don’t is a liar.

Regarding the coverage, it’s the same with everything bad that happens. How many times have you seen the planes flying into the World Trade Centre towers? Should that really have been shown? You could pick apart anything that is on tv really. I actually found the photos of the players in tears stood around him very distressing, but every newspaper in the world has used them. Should they not have been taken? It’s a very difficult situation for people who are in it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum