{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New players any ideas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New players any ideas

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:17 pm

oldweststander wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Not taken long for you to return to type.

Yorkie i’m extremely frustrated that we are falling at exactly the same pit falls as we did last season, he was found wanting when Burton didn’t play in Jan, now DCFC Judas had our pants down we cannot allow the same blueprint to happen again that’s all, not calling for his head just frustrated we are same as
Genuinely interested in your take ?

DCFC judas, how infantile.

The guy is a professional footballer, who like all pro players, chases the money.

Ginger Judas. He earns it. There’s ways and he’s a Judas.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:19 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Yorkie i’m extremely frustrated that we are falling at exactly the same pit falls as we did last season, he was found wanting when Burton didn’t play in Jan, now DCFC Judas had our pants down we cannot allow the same blueprint to happen again that’s all, not calling for his head just frustrated we are same as

The guy is a professional footballer, who like all pro players, chases the money.

Fascinating that grown blokes are this petty over something so minor yet had he signed would have been singing his name.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:23 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Pathetic, as you so often are. Can you call someone "ginger" these days?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:24 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Fascinating that grown blokes are this petty over something so minor yet had he signed would have been singing his name.

Correct.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:28 pm

He is a professional but it's not very "professional" to agree terms with one club and then run off after the medical and sign for another.

His quality is unquestionable and need someone else in of his quality. Big time.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:30 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

I wouldn’t have been singing his name.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:34 pm

oldweststander wrote:Correct.

Minor. It would be one thing if he did what he did and wasn’t local but he is. It would be one thing if he didn’t high tail it during a medical but he did and that’s twice he’s dumped on this club. You might roll over and let your belly get tickled but others don’t. So get a Kleenex

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:41 pm

I wouldn’t have been singing his name

No perhaps not, doubt you chant much from your living room... mainly aimed at those who attend stags game tbh
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:47 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
I wouldn’t have been singing his name

No perhaps not, doubt you chant much from your living room... mainly aimed at those who attend stags game tbh

Of course. Well I was there yesterday so cram that where you like, super fan

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:37 am

48hrs 2 defenders, interesting times ahead at the mill

still struggling on the Corey O'Keeffe sale, bloke at work who knows Michael Bostwick said he’s on the move, that might be us, however don’t think he played under Cloughie at Burton
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:02 am

I’ve never understood the issue with O’ Keefe and there clearly is one. Perhaps both parties want to keep it under wraps.
Decent right back
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:26 am

yorkstag wrote:I’ve never understood the issue with O’ Keefe and there clearly is one. Perhaps both parties want to keep it under wraps.
Decent right back

indeed doubly bizzaire when that’s one of the two defending positions we are screaming out for
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:43 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Minor. It would be one thing if he did what he did and wasn’t local but he is. It would be one thing if he didn’t high tail it during a medical but he did and that’s twice he’s dumped on this club. You might roll over and let your belly get tickled but others don’t. So get a Kleenex

Ha,ha, what world do you live in, certainly not the world of the professional footballer.

With them, all of them, it's sometimes about wanting to play regularly in a successful team but ALWAYS about money.

I didn't cry when he left for Derby or when h turned us down for Wigan, I am adult enough to know why he did it and, I don't take it personally but you seem to, grow up it's just football.
ll
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:13 am

Bostwick currently has COVID so don’t expect to spot him in Sainsbury’s!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:21 am

oldweststander wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Ha,ha, what world do you live in, certainly not the world of the professional footballer.

With them, all of them, it's sometimes about wanting to play regularly in a successful team but ALWAYS about money.

I didn't cry when he left for Derby or when h turned us down for Wigan, I am adult enough to know why he did it and, I don't take it personally but you seem to, grow up it's just football.
ll

Oh dear. Think it’s a matter of maturity ? You’re deluded. It’s about decency and playing with a straight bat. Whine all you like, some of us have standards. He’s a ginger Judas.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:27 am

Naylor in central defence was always a experiment because, he made midfield his best position, having said that he would have added quality to the squad, losing him was bad news for mansfield, but he has to live with his decision, and it does nothing for his character within the game,
Most decisions in job opportunity revolves around money, and football is a stand out profession for this, it is a short career and can end at any time.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:38 am

bellwhiff wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

ll

Oh dear. Think it’s a matter of maturity ? You’re deluded. It’s about decency and playing with a straight bat. Whine all you like, some of us have standards. He’s a ginger Judas.

No problem with your standards, I agree what he did the second time was wrong but hey 'it's foitball" and he is no different to the likes of Renaldo.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:23 pm

24hrs. Please don't play hard ball and gamble our season on saving a few quid on wages.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Brough » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:31 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:24hrs. Please don't play hard ball and gamble our season on saving a few quid on wages.

I wouldn’t be surprised! It happened in January, we had a chance at the play offs then.
Brough
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:39 pm

Brough wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:24hrs. Please don't play hard ball and gamble our season on saving a few quid on wages.

I wouldn’t be surprised! It happened in January, we had a chance at the play offs then.

Agree. Failure to bring some quality in will be a massive failure of procurement

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:47 pm

We have to put our trust in the manager, pretty sure he won’t let the failure in January be repeated in August ………..will he

two defenders incoming gotta be
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:57 pm

Agree, we have to get them done now. A bit of quality recruitment tomorrow really could shape our season. Big day ahead!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:11 pm

If we don't I won't be too worried just a little disappointed.
Our squad is good enough to be within striking distance come the January window, obviously a new centre half would make it a lot easier but if we have to wait for the right player then a loan signing would be OK.
We can't stop players wanting to go to other clubs.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:18 pm

Why is the word failure keep being mentioned?
He has done extremely well to sign Lapslie, to get Quinn, to get players to extend contracts and I personally think the players he has brought in pre season are very good players. If Naylor hadn't stabbed us in the back then we would of been set for the season. I agree we need a defender or two but to say he will have failed if this doesn't happen is laughable.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:44 pm

Clough won't sign players for the sake of it? What was Jake Wright? The player we signed who was released by a national league North side, who since went back to that level. The guy played 2 games for us, and couldn't get into the defence that Clough lambasted pretty much every post game interview.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum