{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New players any ideas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New players any ideas

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:22 am

Johan wrote:If people are just going to type random nonsense in this thread, at least make it plausible. For example…

Beckett. Luke. Sainsbury’s.

Come on man, keep up with the times.

It's Mason Bennett now
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I would like to see Jamie Reid play for the Stags a few times at Field Mill with a crowd before he leaves.

Why???

To get some venomous foul mouthed abuse going from the terraces early in the season. As much as Reid gives 100%, hes only going to get about 17 minutes of the crowd behind him. I'm not so sure that's whats missing from his game.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:26 pm

Many players improve in their 2nd season at a club after they have had time to settle in properly. I was looking forward to watching Jamie and cheering him on. I don't think our other forwards apart from Tyrese can do the constant pressing and chasing that Jamie does up front. Rhys Oates may be able to carry out this role but I don't think it is Danny Johnson or Oli Hawkins' game. He's a useful option to have in the squad. Neil Warnock always likes to have six strikers.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:05 pm

victor A block wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I would like to see Jamie Reid play for the Stags a few times at Field Mill with a crowd before he leaves.

Why???

To get some venomous foul mouthed abuse going from the terraces early in the season. As much as Reid gives 100%, hes only going to get about 17 minutes of the crowd behind him. I'm not so sure that's whats missing from his game.

Ability, he's just not good enough. He's not sharp enough for me. Its why he bagged loads two divisions below, he had enough time and space that he's not getting anymore.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:09 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Many players improve in their 2nd season at a club after they have had time to settle in properly. I was looking forward to watching Jamie and cheering him on. I don't think our other forwards apart from Tyrese can do the constant pressing and chasing that Jamie does up front. Rhys Oates may be able to carry out this role but I don't think it is Danny Johnson or Oli Hawkins' game. He's a useful option to have in the squad. Neil Warnock always likes to have six strikers.

Reid played a lot of games and has had his chance, sadly he didn't take it. It will be in his and our interests if he moves on, he is now way down the pecking order.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:13 pm

Rob wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Many players improve in their 2nd season at a club after they have had time to settle in properly. I was looking forward to watching Jamie and cheering him on. I don't think our other forwards apart from Tyrese can do the constant pressing and chasing that Jamie does up front. Rhys Oates may be able to carry out this role but I don't think it is Danny Johnson or Oli Hawkins' game. He's a useful option to have in the squad. Neil Warnock always likes to have six strikers.

Reid played a lot of games and has had his chance, sadly he didn't take it. It will be in his and our interests if he moves on, he is now way down the pecking order.

Agree, some say he will develop, he is 27 not a kid.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby fox in the box » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:06 pm

Also heard the Bowery thing. He might well be in the squad for tues night but he hasn’t trained since second day back from what I have heard
fox in the box
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:17 pm

it will all come out in the wash soon enough
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:26 pm

fox in the box wrote:Also heard the Bowery thing. He might well be in the squad for tues night but he hasn’t trained since second day back from what I have heard

There are a range of reasons which could apply so the question which no-one has answered is whether he is not attending training with or without management permission.
Until we know that, there is nothing to summise from all of this
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:29 pm

Re Bowrey not training rumours - It is entirely possible that he has simply picked up an injury. (Nigel told them that if they felt any twinges they should rest immediately).

That said, given that we have just signed 3 strikers, he might be getting 'cookmaynarditis' (symptoms of mardiness at not being guaranteed a first team place and wanting to go elsewhere).

Either he has been told that he is 4th choice, or he has picked up an injury, (or given the circumstances it could even be Covid related). Best to assume an innocent explanation at this stage.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:34 pm

If constant pressing and chasing is all that’s required I’m sure Jimmy Knowles & Nathan Caine could be asked to that, sadly It’s not, and never will be enough, over the 40 odd games he played Reid showed he’s not quite good enough and I would prefer the home grown talent to be given a chance as back up rather than persisting with him.
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:20 am

Would be very nice if we could announce an absolutely quality signing today to cheer us all up :lol:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Trenam » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:32 am

If Nigel wants to keep him thats fine by me, if he wants to let him go that’s okay as well, Mr Clough knows best. 1946/47 Stag. :mtfc:
Trenam
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:41 am

Reid is a strange one. It's one of those I'd be OK with him staying because there's a decent player in there. He could have been affected by essentially having 3 managers whilst here it was his first proper season in the football league. I'd be happy with giving him a pre season with a good manager. By the same token I would be OK if he left. He'd get my thanks for his efforts and we move on (the effort was certainly there) and wish him well.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:55 am

gazza1988 wrote:Reid is a strange one. It's one of those I'd be OK with him staying because there's a decent player in there. He could have been affected by essentially having 3 managers whilst here it was his first proper season in the football league. I'd be happy with giving him a pre season with a good manager. By the same token I would be OK if he left. He'd get my thanks for his efforts and we move on (the effort was certainly there) and wish him well.

Just like to say this is a post i completely agree with
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:59 am

we will see if he plays tomorrow night

Cannot wait
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:01 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:we will see if he plays tomorrow night

Cannot wait

He's not in the squad.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:we will see if he plays tomorrow night

Cannot wait

He's not in the squad.

if it’s anything like the last pre season game, the first team squad turned up even though not playing at Retford as JR purchased the club for his Onecall director Nik Springthorpe to play with
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:46 pm

Torquay interested in taking him back
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:11 am

"expect more movement" Asked what the hell that actually means :lol:

But I take it some may be leaving... If One or two go out I can see us adding one more to the squad. Fingers crossed for a CB!

Really happy with the squad at the minute.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:11 am

gazza1988 wrote:Reid is a strange one. It's one of those I'd be OK with him staying because there's a decent player in there. He could have been affected by essentially having 3 managers whilst here it was his first proper season in the football league. I'd be happy with giving him a pre season with a good manager. By the same token I would be OK if he left. He'd get my thanks for his efforts and we move on (the effort was certainly there) and wish him well.

Yes agree with this. I think there's a player in there, it's just not worked out for him so far. Wouldn't be averse to him staying if he was happy to.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:13 am

bear 73 wrote:

Just like to say this is a post i completely agree with

I concur
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:06 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Bowery AWOL
Reid to Stevenage

1 down, 1 to go
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:09 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:Bowery AWOL
Reid to Stevenage

1 down, 1 to go

Only a few hours until we find out if it’s a 50 or 100% strike rate.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:10 pm

Sedgwick wrote:"expect more movement" Asked what the hell that actually means :lol:

But I take it some may be leaving... If One or two go out I can see us adding one more to the squad. Fingers crossed for a CB!

Really happy with the squad at the minute.

Didn't expect it today I must say :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum