{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby daddycool » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:40 am

Good player when in the mood
daddycool
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2188
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:02 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9529
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:10 am

Alex Kenyon is due to sign for Scunthorpe from Morecambe.

They are also interested in re-signing Sam Slocombe from County.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:10 pm



This would be a good signing for Colchester. And add to their ex Ipswich contingent.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9529
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:34 pm



This fella really caught my eye in a few highlights packages I watched of Halifax.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9529
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:08 pm

Hayden White has signed a 2 year contract at Walsall.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby chip63 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:39 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Hayden White has signed a 2 year contract at Walsall.


Really liked him, great awareness in a game.
Wish him well.
chip63
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:06 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22423
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Conker » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:09 pm

White is a much better option than Gordon at RB to be fair.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3302
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:12 pm

chip63 wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Hayden White has signed a 2 year contract at Walsall.


Really liked him, great awareness in a game.
Wish him well.


It doesn't seem like the Walsall fans rate him very highly.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9529
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:20 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Hayden White has signed a 2 year contract at Walsall.

Good player for Stags. Could do with him now. Much better full back than what we've got
User avatar
yellowstagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Just over border (Derbyshire)

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:10 pm

Hayden White did not stand out in the Walsall games I watched. Cameron Norman played better but he was released and has been signed by Newport County.

Kellan Gordon has more potential. He just needs to cut out the silly errors.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:54 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Hayden White did not stand out in the Walsall games I watched. Cameron Norman played better but he was released and has been signed by Newport County.

Kellan Gordon has more potential. He just needs to cut out the silly errors.


wow i’d rather have the meg king than Kellan everyday
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11259
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:20 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Hayden White did not stand out in the Walsall games I watched. Cameron Norman played better but he was released and has been signed by Newport County.

Kellan Gordon has more potential. He just needs to cut out the silly errors.


wow i’d rather have the meg king than Kellan everyday


Totally agree. Although Hayden has lost his edge a little, he is still streets in front of Kellan in my opinion. Much better positional sense and can actually head a ball. :D
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4624
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:45 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Hayden White did not stand out in the Walsall games I watched. Cameron Norman played better but he was released and has been signed by Newport County.

Kellan Gordon has more potential. He just needs to cut out the silly errors.


wow i’d rather have the meg king than Kellan everyday


Totally agree. Although Hayden has lost his edge a little, he is still streets in front of Kellan in my opinion. Much better positional sense and can actually head a ball. :D



Agreed Sandy.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3998
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:13 am

I might have agreed with you about Hayden White before he got injured in Jan 2019 and at the end of 2019-2020.

Hayden White is 26 and has only made 43(2) league apps in the last three seasons. He has only made 144(12) league apps in total since 2013-2014 and 70(5) of those apps were for the Stags from 2017-2020. He has never managed to play more than 30 league games per season. His best three seasons have been:

2015-2016 Blackpool 29(1)
2017-2018 Mansfield 25(3)
2020-2021 Walsall 26(2)

Kellan Gordon is 23. He made his breakthrough on loan at Swindon under DF in 2017-2018 but only played 12(14) league games. He then spent a season on loan at Lincoln under the Cowleys where he did not make a league start. He was disappointing in 2019-2020 for the Stags when he made 17(1) league apps but he looked a much better player last season when he made 28(4) league apps and could easily have played more if he had not made the defensive errors against Barrow, Tranmere and Orient. He is an exciting attacking full back/wing back who can beat a man and deliver crosses into the box. I think he has the potential to improve and Nigel Clough clearly likes the look of him as he gave him a new contract. If he can improve the defensive side of his game then he is the type of player who could start to attract interest from further up the league.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Conker » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:22 am

He’s not got it defensively, he’s absolutely miles off it.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3302
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby daddycool » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:22 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I might have agreed with you about Hayden White before he got injured in Jan 2019 and at the end of 2019-2020.

Hayden White is 26 and has only made 43(2) league apps in the last three seasons. He has only made 144(12) league apps in total since 2013-2014 and 70(5) of those apps were for the Stags from 2017-2020. He has never managed to play more than 30 league games per season. His best three seasons have been:

2015-2016 Blackpool 29(1)
2017-2018 Mansfield 25(3)
2020-2021 Walsall 26(2)

Kellan Gordon is 23. He made his breakthrough on loan at Swindon under DF in 2017-2018 but only played 12(14) league games. He then spent a season on loan at Lincoln under the Cowleys where he did not make a league start. He was disappointing in 2019-2020 for the Stags when he made 17(1) league apps but he looked a much better player last season when he made 28(4) league apps and could easily have played more if he had not made the defensive errors against Barrow, Tranmere and Orient. He is an exciting attacking full back/wing back who can beat a man and deliver crosses into the box. I think he has the potential to improve further into Nigel Clough who clearly likes the look of him as he gave him a new contract. If he can improve the defensive side of his game then he is the type of player who could start to attract interest from further up the league.


Agreed
daddycool
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2188
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:18 pm

Tranmere Rovers have signed Ryan Watson on a 2 year contract from Northampton Town. He lives in New Brighton and his family are all Tranmere fans.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:22 pm

Yep, some people definitely still judging White on 18/19. He’s not the same player.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9529
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:17 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Yep, some people definitely still judging White on 18/19. He’s not the same player.


Probably not but still miles in front of Gordon in my opinion. I’ve been consistent with my criticism of Gordon on here and he has done absolutely nothing to make me change my view. He’s way out of position defensively can’t head a ball and his delivery is a one in 6 or 7 success rate. When he finally does release the ball, it is often to a team mate who is surrounded by opposition players.

To be fair, he was brought in as a winger and I would give him a chance in that position. If he failed he would be my first player out of the door. It appeared Nigel also despaired of him towards the end of the season and if he hadn’t already got his contract I think he would have been gone.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4624
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:15 pm

From Carlisle News and Sport: "The remaining player to be offered a deal at the end of 2020/21 still to confirm his next move is defender Rhys Bennett. The centre-half is understood to be attracting strong interest from clubs in Leagues One and Two. Holdsworth said the “very good offer” made to Bennett is still on the table.

Rhys Bennett described the "very good offer" as quite disrespectful and that there was no way he could stay at Carlisle with that offer. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby bear 73 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:27 pm

I must admit Gordon is a player who has still a lot to prove
bear 73
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:04 pm

Frank Nouble has rejoined Colchester United on a 2 year contract from Plymouth. He was on loan there last season and scored against the Stags. Ipswich must have no more players left for them to sign.

Colchester United
Under Contract: Dean Gerken, Shamal George, Tommy Smith, Miles Welch-Hayes, Noah Chilvers, Kwame Poku, Brendan Wiredu
Offered New Contracts: Tom Eastman (Signed), Ryan Clampin, Sam Cornish, Billy Cracknell
In Discussions: Ben Stevenson, Michael Folivi
Signed: Cole Skuse (Ipswich Town), Luke Chambers (Ipswich Town), Luke Hannant (Cambridge United), Freddie Sears (Ipswich Town), Frank Nouble (Plymouth Argyle)

Released: Josh Bohui, Jevani Brown, Callum Coulter, Paris Cowan-Hall, Luke Gambin, Callum Harriott, Tom Lapslie, Harry Pell (Accrington Stanley), Courtney Senior, Omar Sowunmi, Diaz Wright
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:51 pm

Mark Cooper on signing Remeao Hutton and Josh Gordon for Barrow.

Remeao was the first player I spoke to after I was given the job at Barrow; he’s a player that I was interested in taking to Forest Green last season. He is young, hungry, has got the potential for lots of development and is just going to be a good player for us. He’s the modern day full-back or wing-back who will get forward to good effect and put in some dangerous crosses – and he can also throw it from one end of the pitch to the other! He’s just a good, young player and I am really looking forward to working with him and hopefully improving him.

We also managed to tie up a deal to bring Josh Gordon to the Club from Walsall. He’s a player who I think Burton Albion tried to sign when they were in the Championship so he’s got great ability and is another I am really looking forward to working with. It will be bonus that he’s on my side this season because every time he’s played against me in the past he seems to have scored! He’s a very quick and exciting player and I think our fans are really going to take to him. I definitely believe he can score lots of goals and hopefully he can do that in our team because every time I have seen him he’s been excellent. I also think it’s a good move for Josh at the right time in his career. He obviously got his move to Leicester City and then on to Walsall, but he just had a bit of a setback on the injury front last year so joining us at Barrow gives him the platform to bounce back strongly.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admiral Sook, Big yella, Birminghamstag10, Captain Cunno, Fitzy499, jay the butcher, mansfieldarmy, MTFCMusings, Parkinsons Perm, STAGS FOR LIFE, Tippy Tappy Football, Walton Stag and 40 guests