{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Expectation for next season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Expectation for next season

Postby 88BenM » Mon May 10, 2021 7:22 pm

I remember posting a told 3 prediction last pre-season, so I'm not going to repeat that mistake again.

I'll take some committed and entertaining football which I can watch with my own 2 eyes in person as opposed to through a screen. We should never take the luxury for granted again!
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Mon May 10, 2021 7:54 pm

I remember Dave Smith's match programme notes for the 1st home game of the 1974/75 season.

It went something like,

"Division 4 Champions" that's our aim for Mansfield Town.

And Stags then went on to win their 1st Champions trophy.

Aim high, if Stags don't believe they can win the league they most probably won't. League 2 was quite poor this season and there's no reason if Cloughie can get a few decent players in why Stags can't win it.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon May 10, 2021 7:54 pm

:) Just hoping to get off to a better start , then hopefully have a squad pressing for a play off place , anything better would be fantastic for the Amber and Blue army of supporters :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon May 10, 2021 8:06 pm

I'm going to manage my expectations carefully and simply say: "If Cloughie manages to get his first choice targets, then we might be in a position to challenge for the top 7".
The league was weak this season and we don't know how strong some teams might be next season.
Hopefully we will be up there challenging: We have a good manager, a strong midfield and we finished the season well. All positive signs.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum