{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Social media boycott

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Social media boycott

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:00 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:it seems belly is getting all the abuse on here girls, just saying like

If that's abuse, someone needs to change the definition.

He can give it on every thread and turn them all into slanging matches, never see you have a problem with that.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:53 pm

That old saying ;)

That tongue is going to get you in to trouble some day :lol:
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Clough calls on Stags fans to join social media boycott

Postby Chadman » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:53 am

Nigel Clough has called on Stags fans, and every right-minded person, to join football's big social media blackout this weekend to make a point against the increasingly vile discrimination online. Will you join in? Can and will the social media companies do more?

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/n ... on-3218547
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: Clough calls on Stags fans to join social media boycott

Postby DURHAM STAG » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:42 am

Might have been better to have put the word "other" between 'every' and 'right-minded' !

Echo Nigel's words though.
DURHAM STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:08 pm

So once again, will Stagsnet follow suit ?

I have to say that social media is an outlet in these strange times so it might not be the right thing for all.
Also like I said it’s a pile of virtue signalling ball hocks anyway.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:29 pm

a reminder of what Pete has already said

part time pete wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
part time pete wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Is Stagsnet taking part ?

As we are not Facebook, Instagram and Twitter then I suggest No.

But it is a social media site.

Ok, as the purpose of the blackout is to fight back against personal abuse. So rather than close the site down, we're going to ban any users for the weekend who have previously been banned on this site for dishing out personal abuse.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:42 pm

Might be a bit quiet over the weekend then :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:51 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Might be a bit quiet over the weekend then :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:52 pm

Well its a bit sad really ,kill someone get reformed in prison through the rehabilitation scheme and your previous cant be taken into account next time you do it ,call someone a dipstick on here and your forever tarnished
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:20 am

Yep. Received a message from Martin saying I’ll be banned for the weekend.

I’m gutted. Absolutely gutted.

It’s also very funny and dull. But there you go. Have a great weekend everyone.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:22 am

Torrystag wrote:Well its a bit sad really ,kill someone get reformed in prison through the rehabilitation scheme and your previous cant be taken into account next time you do it ,call someone a dipstick on here and your forever tarnished

And as I’ve been pulled up for some abuse in Martin’s post, I’ve informed him that every single post that I see that has anything that I consider to be personal abuse will be reported.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:12 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Torrystag wrote:Well its a bit sad really ,kill someone get reformed in prison through the rehabilitation scheme and your previous cant be taken into account next time you do it ,call someone a dipstick on here and your forever tarnished

And as I’ve been pulled up for some abuse in Martin’s post, I’ve informed him that every single post that I see that has anything that I consider to be personal abuse will be reported.

Great idea, that's what I do :)
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:16 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Grass
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:41 am

Richard Cranium wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Grass

Yep. Reported.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:49 am

Richard Cranium wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Grass

It seems so sad that Martin has to deal with abuse between Mansfield Town fans, when he has many other commitments on behalf of the club
To be fair it is only a few but boy how a debate can turn personnel and go wildly of topic.
Talking football sharing opinions disagreeing is parr for the cause without being personal, seems simple
losing members to this abuse , who just want to have a opinion is depriving members of some quality posts, and many of us know of people who have left the site,
Good luck Martin, calling someone a dipstick is not abuse, but a sign of love,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:10 am

bear 73 wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Grass

It seems so sad that Martin has to deal with abuse between Mansfield Town fans, when he has many other commitments on behalf of the club
To be fair it is only a few but boy how a debate can turn personnel and go wildly of topic.
Talking football sharing opinions disagreeing is parr for the cause without being personal, seems simple
losing members to this abuse , who just want to have a opinion is depriving members of some quality posts, and many of us know of people who have left the site,

No it’s abuse.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:18 am

bellwhiff wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Grass

No it’s abuse.

And yet you carry on doing it every day on here despite numerous bans and warnings.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:21 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Grass

Yep. Reported.

Piss off Bellwhiff
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:27 pm

Always appears to be one common denominator !!
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:43 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Grass

Yep. Reported.

Piss off Bellwhiff

:D

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:46 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Always appears to be one common denominator !!

"Martin, Martin, he called me a common denominator!"
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:16 pm

ParisStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Always appears to be one common denominator !!

"Martin, Martin, he called me a common denominator!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum