{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets - early bird extended until Fri 16 July

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:11 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:Just a quick note of caution.... What happens if boris continues the current restrictions beyond August? (which is entirely possible looking at how cases are exploding again).
I think currently clubs are allowed 20% of there capacity which would leave us at around 1700ish... How would the club choose which ST holders are allowed in and who misses out (assuming we reach over 1700 ST's of course).

it's 25% of capacity that would be allowed currently according to Govt guidelines. It would certainly cause the club a headache that they definitely would not want.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22423
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:13 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
chip63 wrote:And what's the highest season ticket sales in the last 5 years.

2020-21 1537
2019-20 2406
2018-19 2246
2017-18 2409
2016-17 1795
2015-16 1740
2014-15 1840
2013-14 2281
2012-13 1279
2011-12 approx 1027
2010-11 over 1200
2009-10 2747
2008-09 2700

see https://stagsnet.net/fm/stats/Stats.html

I've added hyperlinks to the numbers on that page to show where the numbers come from (since 2008), and will add attendances for earlier seasons too.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22423
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Sneag » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:46 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Just a quick note of caution.... What happens if boris continues the current restrictions beyond August? (which is entirely possible looking at how cases are exploding again).
I think currently clubs are allowed 20% of there capacity which would leave us at around 1700ish... How would the club choose which ST holders are allowed in and who misses out (assuming we reach over 1700 ST's of course).

it's 25% of capacity that would be allowed currently according to Govt guidelines. It would certainly cause the club a headache that they definitely would not want.


What is our 'official' capacity, on paper rather than what SAG allow after blocking off hundreds of seats?

If we get under 2300 STs everyone of them should get in, but you may not get to sit in the seat you requested. You may have to sit in the North Stand. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10213
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:52 am

Sneag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Just a quick note of caution.... What happens if boris continues the current restrictions beyond August? (which is entirely possible looking at how cases are exploding again).
I think currently clubs are allowed 20% of there capacity which would leave us at around 1700ish... How would the club choose which ST holders are allowed in and who misses out (assuming we reach over 1700 ST's of course).

it's 25% of capacity that would be allowed currently according to Govt guidelines. It would certainly cause the club a headache that they definitely would not want.


What is our 'official' capacity, on paper rather than what SAG allow after blocking off hundreds of seats?

If we get under 2300 STs everyone of them should get in, but you may not get to sit in the seat you requested. You may have to sit in the North Stand. :D


that wouldn't bother me...

they just need to do what forest have done. Reached a cap and suspended season ticket sales until further notice
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Rainworth Stag » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:57 am

Surely if the restrictions end at the end of July then it will be full capacity again?
Rainworth Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:48 am

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:00 pm

Rainworth Stag wrote:Surely if the restrictions end at the end of July then it will be full capacity again?


‘if’

Let’s see what mistakes Boris can make in the next four weeks first.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9527
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:01 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rainworth Stag wrote:Surely if the restrictions end at the end of July then it will be full capacity again?


‘if’

Let’s see what Boris can do wrong in the next four weeks first.
I was about to say similar. IF is the key word.

Incidentally did anyone notice the capacity crowd in the Bucharest stadium yesterday ? I found it surprising.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7536
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:09 pm

Gove has come out and made a promise to everyone that the restrictions will lift in July regardless. again, a pinch of salt, however, it's the firmest confirmation that anyone has provided.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4546
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:16 pm

Clubs up and down the pyramid will rightly hit the roof if supporters are not allowed back in from the start of next season in big numbers and I think we’d see them all unite in some form of concerted effort to force yet another U-turn if they were told they can’t have fans back in. The tide is turning with public opinion on restrictions now the majority have been vaccinated (unless you believe a YouGov poll :lol:), and business/club owners will be no different. We’re getting to the end of the line, if we can’t be back in doing the things we enjoy by August when you consider the sheer amount of people that will have been jabbed and double jabbed purely because SAGE modellers come up with yet another wild prediction in the face of another variant then we never will.

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that, and we can have away support as well!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2888
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:30 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rainworth Stag wrote:Surely if the restrictions end at the end of July then it will be full capacity again?


‘if’

Let’s see what mistakes Boris can make in the next four weeks first.


836 is my guess.

Clearly the spread isn't being caused by vaccinated or tested fans attending sporting events, at the very least I'd expect higher capacities for stadia that implement a test or vaccine policy.
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6474
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:47 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
chip63 wrote:And what's the highest season ticket sales in the last 5 years.

2020-21 1537
2019-20 2406
2018-19 2246
2017-18 2409
2016-17 1795
2015-16 1740
2014-15 1840
2013-14 2281
2012-13 1279
2011-12 approx 1027
2010-11 over 1200
2009-10 2747
2008-09 2700

see https://stagsnet.net/fm/stats/Stats.html


Great stats. Steve Evans rightly takes some stick from some fans but he helped to flog another 600 season tickets

Nigel Clough may beat his 2,409 total
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9516
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:55 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
chip63 wrote:And what's the highest season ticket sales in the last 5 years.

2020-21 1537
2019-20 2406
2018-19 2246
2017-18 2409
2016-17 1795
2015-16 1740
2014-15 1840
2013-14 2281
2012-13 1279
2011-12 approx 1027
2010-11 over 1200
2009-10 2747
2008-09 2700

see https://stagsnet.net/fm/stats/Stats.html


Great stats. Steve Evans rightly takes some stick from some fans but he helped to flog another 600 season tickets

But still only 3 more than Dempster. ;)
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:30 pm

I’ve not seen anything mentioned but all these fans who went to the ‘test’ events like the FA Cup Final, England games etc have any of them since tested positive for it? If not then surely this isn’t where the problem lays?
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9142
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:07 pm

Dan wrote:I’ve not seen anything mentioned but all these fans who went to the ‘test’ events like the FA Cup Final, England games etc have any of them since tested positive for it? If not then surely this isn’t where the problem lays?

Don't forget that they all had to have proof of a negative test before attending those events. Does the EFL and it's member clubs have the capacity to administer that for all 72 clubs ?
It was noticeable that the ST renewal form had questions about vaccinations and recent covid tests.
How would people feel if some sort of 'vaccine passport' was required for attendance at matches ?
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:15 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:I’ve not seen anything mentioned but all these fans who went to the ‘test’ events like the FA Cup Final, England games etc have any of them since tested positive for it? If not then surely this isn’t where the problem lays?

Don't forget that they all had to have proof of a negative test before attending those events. Does the EFL and it's member clubs have the capacity to administer that for all 72 clubs ?
It was noticeable that the ST renewal form had questions about vaccinations and recent covid tests.
How would people feel if some sort of 'vaccine passport' was required for attendance at matches ?


Fans who wish to attend should restrictions be in force should either have a vaccination certificate which is on the NHS app or a recent negative test. This can be checked on entry. By August every adult in England will have been offered one vaccine, the vast majority, two. In fact, all adults in Wales have already been offered one vaccine.

The test events have proven this works, time to crack on.
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6474
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:23 pm

chip63 wrote:And what's the highest season ticket sales in the last 5 years.


Martin Shaw wrote:

I've added hyperlinks to the numbers on that page to show where the numbers come from (since 2008), and will add attendances for earlier seasons too.

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Great stats. Steve Evans rightly takes some stick from some fans but he helped to flog another 600 season tickets

Nigel Clough may beat his 2,409 total


I've added average home league attendances going back to 1931.

At the moment, I don't have number of season tickets before 2007, but I'm going to search my archives to see if I have any more.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22423
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:46 pm

2 more season tickets today.
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby chip63 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:58 pm

Kept me busy for a few hours, I somehow got lost reading old match day reports and news items.
Cheers Martin, I think.
chip63
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:27 pm

Rob wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:I’ve not seen anything mentioned but all these fans who went to the ‘test’ events like the FA Cup Final, England games etc have any of them since tested positive for it? If not then surely this isn’t where the problem lays?

Don't forget that they all had to have proof of a negative test before attending those events. Does the EFL and it's member clubs have the capacity to administer that for all 72 clubs ?
It was noticeable that the ST renewal form had questions about vaccinations and recent covid tests.
How would people feel if some sort of 'vaccine passport' was required for attendance at matches ?


Fans who wish to attend should restrictions be in force should either have a vaccination certificate which is on the NHS app or a recent negative test. This can be checked on entry. By August every adult in England will have been offered one vaccine, the vast majority, two. In fact, all adults in Wales have already been offered one vaccine.

The test events have proven this works, time to crack on.

Totally agree Rob, but it's puts a lot of reliance on our and other clubs office staff and turnstile operatives, and the days of turning up at 2.55pm after downing that last pint will be over.
Also, there will be people amongst our regulars and ST holders who will be against this 'attack on their civil liberties', hence my question about vaccine passports.
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:56 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
chip63 wrote:And what's the highest season ticket sales in the last 5 years.


Martin Shaw wrote:

I've added hyperlinks to the numbers on that page to show where the numbers come from (since 2008), and will add attendances for earlier seasons too.

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Great stats. Steve Evans rightly takes some stick from some fans but he helped to flog another 600 season tickets

Nigel Clough may beat his 2,409 total


I've added average home league attendances going back to 1931.

At the moment, I don't have number of season tickets before 2007, but I'm going to search my archives to see if I have any more.

I've found a few more and added them.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22423
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:01 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:But still only 3 more than Dempster. ;)


Steve Evans did the hard groundwork Dave and got fans excited again and DF kept it going :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9516
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby chip63 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:17 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
chip63 wrote:And what's the highest season ticket sales in the last 5 years.

2020-21 1537
2019-20 2406
2018-19 2246
2017-18 2409
2016-17 1795
2015-16 1740
2014-15 1840
2013-14 2281
2012-13 1279
2011-12 approx 1027
2010-11 over 1200
2009-10 2747
2008-09 2700

see https://stagsnet.net/fm/stats/Stats.html

I've added hyperlinks to the numbers on that page to show where the numbers come from (since 2008), and will add attendances for earlier seasons too.


Is the 2008/09 season correct, 2700 season tickets sold and average attendance 2400.
Reading some of the archive, was it due to us not being able to be promoted or the Andy Perry saga.
chip63
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby part time pete » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:41 pm

chip63 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
chip63 wrote:And what's the highest season ticket sales in the last 5 years.

2020-21 1537
2019-20 2406
2018-19 2246
2017-18 2409
2016-17 1795
2015-16 1740
2014-15 1840
2013-14 2281
2012-13 1279
2011-12 approx 1027
2010-11 over 1200
2009-10 2747
2008-09 2700

see https://stagsnet.net/fm/stats/Stats.html

I've added hyperlinks to the numbers on that page to show where the numbers come from (since 2008), and will add attendances for earlier seasons too.


Is the 2008/09 season correct, 2700 season tickets sold and average attendance 2400.
Reading some of the archive, was it due to us not being able to be promoted or the Andy Perry saga.



The 2700 figure is from a John Lomas article quoting a Mr Kordula (stags finance officer) at the 2010 AGM.
"But in 2008/09 we had 2,700 season ticket holders yet an average attendance of only 2,500. So we had few walk-ups and even season ticket holders staying away."

I think what happened is that Andy Perry in that first season in the conference gave free season tickets to armed forces personnel. A load of these tickets were circulating in the community even when the soldiers were serving abroad. As it is suggested hardly anyone paid on the day that first season in the conference.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby chip63 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:33 pm

Cheers
chip63
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:50 pm

chip63 wrote:Cheers

yes it is correct, as Pete says.

If you click on the link for the number of season tickets for that season, it takes you to the full details. Similarly for other season.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22423
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big yella, bmthstag, jay the butcher, Kenwood, MTFCMusings, Parkinsons Perm, Scothie the Stag, STAGS FOR LIFE, The Source, Tippy Tappy Football and 40 guests