{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets - early bird extended until Fri 16 July

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon May 31, 2021 8:02 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby west country stag » Mon May 31, 2021 8:10 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Absolutely brilliant gesture from our owners , we need to pack the Mill & get fully behind Cloughie .... this could be our season at long last :coys:
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon May 31, 2021 8:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:And yet the Facebook page is full of whiners.

You sound surprised whiffy.

Great offer. We are in good hands. I'm IN.
Last edited by Spiritater on Mon May 31, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon May 31, 2021 8:14 pm

I can't make all of the home games due to me working shifts but I'm going to get a season ticket this time around. The early bird price is really good. I could miss about 8 games and still 'break even' and have priority on cup tickets etc.

As a side note - Has the QLE card been scrapped? No mention of it.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon May 31, 2021 8:16 pm

Stoney wrote:I can't make all of the home games due to me working shifts but I'm going to get a season ticket this time around. The early bird price is really good. I could miss about 8 games and still 'break even' and have priority on cup tickets etc.

As a side note - Has the QLE card been scrapped? No mention of it.

There is a mention of it in the QnAs... say they will try to do it but membership cost will have to increase due to “EFL rules”
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon May 31, 2021 8:17 pm

Will come back when Haslam goes
I will come back when we’re back in the league
I’ll come back when the pies are hot
I’ll come back when Cox goes ...

No excuses if you want a league club support it
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon May 31, 2021 8:51 pm

Junior pricing is superb and the reward for current holders is great and well deserved. However, £325 will probably still mean we are one of the most expensive "cheapest" tickets in the league. Be interesting to see a table of cheapest general sale season tickets. I'm also surprised the QLE is the same price as the West Upper.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Leelad » Mon May 31, 2021 9:47 pm

Just out of curiosity as not on facebook. what the fu## have people got to whine about with this offer .
Leelad
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Mon May 31, 2021 10:46 pm

Leelad wrote:

Just out of curiosity as not on facebook. what the fu## have people got to whine about with this offer .

Half of them would need sat nav to find the ground.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:33 am

Leelad wrote:

That the discount for the youth cost has only gone down by 20 quid and that’s not a third.

Breathtaking.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:27 am

Leelad wrote:

I suppose if your being really negative you could say that £325 is still 'expensive' for a season ticket at lg2 level... The real moaners will come out when matchday prices are announced :lol:

Personnally im hoping they do the £18 adult & kid deal again for the QLE... Used that alot.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:29 am

Fantastic gesture by the club. Did not renew last season because of the restrictions and having to sit elsewhere so have missed out on the offer. Did support them through I follow though.
Now I will be claiming my old seat back in IGU ASAP
Come on you Stags !
Now you part time armchair supporters, get out and support your local professional club in what could be a momentous season ahead.
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:44 am

Rob wrote:Junior pricing is superb and the reward for current holders is great and well deserved. However, £325 will probably still mean we are one of the most expensive "cheapest" tickets in the league. Be interesting to see a table of cheapest general sale season tickets. I'm also surprised the QLE is the same price as the West Upper.

Fair comment on the "cheapest" tickets but it doesn't always compare like with like. Around 50% of L2 grounds have standing for home fans, so their cheapest tickets are bound to be less than ours.
True comparison needs to be done with "cheapest seats", although I still don't think we would fare too well. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:16 am

£10 a game basically, great offer :coys:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:24 am

What if you bought one last year but want to move to your 19/20 seat ?
Is it still £250 or £325...?

Also what if somebody was allocated my seat from 19/20 for last season and want to keep it?

Great news on the prices though :D
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:28 am

Captain Cunno wrote:What if you bought one last year but want to move to your 19/20 seat ?

Also what if somebody was allocated my seat from 19/20 for last season and want to keep it?

By the looks of it last seasons seats are irrelevant and the only seats being taken in to account are the 19/20 seats, which is exactly how it should be in my opinion!

If somebody got your seat for 20/21 and wants to keep it for next season despite never sitting in it then tough for them I suppose! You’d never have had to move seat if it wasn’t for Covid restrictions
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:43 am

I do think the “most expensive cheapest” seats is a problem but as others said standing is an option for most.

I can’t imagine many clubs in our division are able to offer a view as good as what you get from the upper tier in the west stand

swindon for instance is £400 in their side stand -
Northampton’s is £380 EB and then £430 in their main stand
Chesterfields this season was £400 - and that’s the league below.

Obviously there are sides like bradford who do their crazy cheap deal etc, but we’re certainly not the most expensive out there.

Would be good if they were able to do something for the QLE though
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:05 am

Great news that those who purchased last season have been rewarded.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:08 am

Captain Cunno wrote:What if you bought one last year but want to move to your 19/20 seat ?

it is still £250. And you can have your 19/20 seat. The 20/21 seats were only relevant under social distancing.

from the FAQ:

As a season ticket holder from 2019-20 will I be able to choose my own seat upon renewing?
Season ticket holders’ seats from 2019-20 will be reserved until 5pm on Thursday 08 July. After this time, they will go on general sale.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bear 73 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:16 am

A welcome gesture by the club and positive thinking, they say it starts from the top and certainly the club is showing the way, like many Mansfield fans i feel something is in the air and top 7 is achievable, i will certainly enjoy the match day experience once more, roll on August
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:26 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Rob wrote:Junior pricing is superb and the reward for current holders is great and well deserved. However, £325 will probably still mean we are one of the most expensive "cheapest" tickets in the league. Be interesting to see a table of cheapest general sale season tickets. I'm also surprised the QLE is the same price as the West Upper.

Fair comment on the "cheapest" tickets but it doesn't always compare like with like. Around 50% of L2 grounds have standing for home fans, so their cheapest tickets are bound to be less than ours.
True comparison needs to be done with "cheapest seats", although I still don't think we would fare too well. ;)

Yes of course when compared you'd have to compare seated price only. I'm particularly pleased they have done something for young adults, it really is a step in the right direction, it's just a shame, I think, that they have not made the QLE a bit cheaper. If the voucher scheme isn't operated I fear it will be a sparsely populated stand.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:45 am

Rob wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Yes of course when compared you'd have to compare seated price only. I'm particularly pleased they have done something for young adults, it really is a step in the right direction, it's just a shame, I think, that they have not made the QLE a bit cheaper. If the voucher scheme isn't operated I fear it will be a sparsely populated stand.

In fairness some may see this as a good thing.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:23 pm

I'm not sure the players would Hjelde. I do think having home fans behind the goal is important and many clubs now put away fans down the side to allow home support at each end.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:47 pm

:) Fantastic offer , well done to MTFC , this will get a great following in new season to get behind NC and the team :rocker:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:54 pm

Rob wrote:I'm not sure the players would Hjelde. I do think having home fans behind the goal is important and many clubs now put away fans down the side to allow home support at each end.

Many clubs don't have Notts plod to contend with though ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum