{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stevenage game will be moved ... now 12.30 on Sat

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stevenage game will be moved

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:15 am

Not to mention plasma screens have not been a thing for about 15 years :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:45 am

oldweststander wrote:
Rob wrote:
Dan wrote:Just move it to a 1pm kick off. Simple.

Be easier to move the funeral to 1pm, only 30 folk going to be there.

Cut the crap, football isn't that important and that's coming from someone who loves the game.

You moaners are only interested in your Saturday afternoon entertainment, come into the real world.

There is nothing wrong with postponing the whole football programme 24hrs, supporters are not going to to struggle booking transport are they?

Believe me, its nothing to do with Saturday entertainment...Have you seen us this season!?! :lol:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cerfjaune » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:46 am

m1cksut wrote:
Bridgford Stag wrote:I can't believe what has gone here. HRH did his duty and service and salute him for that imo.

I know that posters/people don't necessary go along with the Monarchy. That is their point of view.

We can all deride the 'system' but many (and not all of us have benefitted I know) under Liz....we can go back to the Victorian age when 'we' have got what we have today. No-one (sic) complaining about our Plasma screens and Smart phones etc etc....

Anyway... bring forward our match to Friday night or just go for Sunday?

Just saying.

what the hell do the royals have to do with plasma tvs and smart phones?
the last royal to do anything to actually improve life for us peasants was charles the 1st!

I presume you mean by getting himself executed.
cerfjaune
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ST4GS » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:00 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I went to that Donny game but I can't remember anything about it.
I didn't as the change landed on my wedding anniversary. I was fuming at the time but I got over it eventually.
Got in after a meal and a few beers to find out we had failed to beat a Donny side who were rock bottom and had lost previously 8 nil to Leyton Orient among other thrashings.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:03 pm

12.30pm kick off.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:15 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chris M » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:22 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I can remember Princess Di's funeral being in the morning. Wikipedia says it started at 9.08am and the ceremony in Westminster Abbey was at 11.00am.

We played Doncaster Rovers at home on the Friday night in a 1-1 draw in front of a crowd of 2,874. Trevor Christie scored.

Is that right Pete?

Trevor Christie left Stags in Summer of 1990. He was sent off in his last game against Crewe. Had a massive punch up in the tunnel with a Crewe player who had also been sent off, think it was Dave McKearney if I remember correctly. I used to stand next to the tunnel. This was a no holds barred punch up. Think Police got involved.

The scorer on September 5th 1997 was Iyseden Christie, so not far of Tippy.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:55 pm

Dan wrote:12.30pm kick off.

What's the country coming to ? Putting the sacrosanct 3pm kick off back more than 2 hours ! What ever next ? :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:57 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Did they consult to see it that's ok with Kevin Kent's Task?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:09 pm

Chris M wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I can remember Princess Di's funeral being in the morning. Wikipedia says it started at 9.08am and the ceremony in Westminster Abbey was at 11.00am.

We played Doncaster Rovers at home on the Friday night in a 1-1 draw in front of a crowd of 2,874. Trevor Christie scored.

Is that right Pete?

Trevor Christie left Stags in Summer of 1990. He was sent off in his last game against Crewe. Had a massive punch up in the tunnel with a Crewe player who had also been sent off, think it was Dave McKearney if I remember correctly. I used to stand next to the tunnel. This was a no holds barred punch up. Think Police got involved.

https://www.macearchive.org/films/centr ... r-christie

The Crewe player was Dale Jasper

At the time when he was sent off I remember him running off the pitch and thinking why is he in such a hurry. Looking through the cage that covered the tunnel to the west stand you could see the state of the tunnel wall when he had finished with him :shock:
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Chris M » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:30 pm

Kenwood wrote:
Chris M wrote:

Is that right Pete?

At the time when he was sent off I remember him running off the pitch and thinking why is he in such a hurry. Looking through the cage that covered the tunnel to the west stand you could see the state of the tunnel wall when he had finished with him :shock:

I stand corrected. Think Trevor Christie was planning a career in the Police himself until that incident. You must have been standing near to me on that day. We used to stand on North Stand side of tunnel.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Stevenage game will be moved ... now 12.30 on Sat

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:55 pm

;) Early kick off Gabbitas gate must be being locked :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:14 pm

Chris M wrote:
Kenwood wrote:
Chris M wrote:

Is that right Pete?

I stand corrected. Think Trevor Christie was planning a career in the Police himself until that incident. You must have been standing near to me on that day. We used to stand on North Stand side of tunnel.

In those days I stood the other side of the tunnel Quarry lane side.

I didn’t remember the Crewe players name until I googled the incident.
I just remember Christie showed more speed that day leaving the pitch than I’d ever seen him apply on it.

I would have been 17 at the time :D great memories standing behind the dugouts and against the caged tunnel
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:28 pm

Chris M wrote:

Is that right Pete?

Well done Chris. I just saw Christie and thought Trevor Christie. It's probably why I cannot remember that game!

I managed to sneak that one past Pete and Martin though. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:51 pm

I remember the Christie punch up.. Hagler would have been proud of that punch Trev landed lol
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Chris M » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:58 pm

Kenwood wrote:
Chris M wrote:
Kenwood wrote:
Chris M wrote:

Is that right Pete?

In those days I stood the other side of the tunnel Quarry lane side.

I didn’t remember the Crewe players name until I googled the incident.
I just remember Christie showed more speed that day leaving the pitch than I’d ever seen him apply on it.

I would have been 17 at the time :D great memories standing behind the dugouts and against the caged tunnel

I would have been 24. Used to stand with the same crowd every game. Some great characters there, often more entertaining listening to those than watching the game. Happy days.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:26 pm

I stood on either side of the tunnel for many years, started in the Bishop as a kid in the 70's, moved to the North in the 80's and then the lower West in the late 80's through to the stadium redevelopment. I remember standing quite close to Graham Taylor when we played Wolves, he was superb in handling all the "banter" he got from the Stags fans. I think that was the game where we led 2-0 but lost 3-2. No idea what year it was, probably mid-90's I guess.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:33 pm

Rob wrote:I stood on either side of the tunnel for many years, started in the Bishop as a kid in the 70's, moved to the North in the 80's and then the lower West in the late 80's through to the stadium redevelopment. I remember standing quite close to Graham Taylor when we played Wolves, he was superb in handling all the "banter" he got from the Stags fans. I think that was the game where we led 2-0 but lost 3-2. No idea what year it was, probably mid-90's I guess.

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum