{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Exiles scorefred sponsored by go for the win

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by go for the win

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:20 pm

lifestags wrote:Quinn was brilliant tonight, Clarke had a shocking first half by the way. Reid did well when he came on.

Agree on both counts. First time I haven't had Reid as the worse player on the pitch.....for me Stone Clarke and Lapslie had below par performances
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:21 pm

http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

Newport supporters felt they were a bit lucky . Never thought I would find reviews like that from their fans . They usually scream for off side if they lose the toss.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:23 pm

Wasn't convinced when we signed Quinn but very glad to be proven wrong.
Really impressed with Sinclair and not just the goal, his corners were good but they had a goalie who dealt with most dangerous crosses full on.
I still like rawson and Sweeney as a pair, though I didn't see the full games with the mistakes.
Good game and enjoyed it, well played Stags.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Arnolds Rod » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Colchester being thumped by Oldham. Let's hope Crawley do us a favour tomorrow.
Arnolds Rod
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Similar to the 1st home game of the season v Tranmere, had enough possession and chances to win by 2/3 goals and ended with just a draw.

Stags record versus the top 7 teams,

Won 4, Drawn 7, Lost 3 (includes a draw and loss v Bolton, when we could easily have won both games)

Such a disappointing season, as League 2 is a pretty poor standard this season, was an ideal opportunity for promotion.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:30 pm

Arnolds Rod wrote:Colchester being thumped by Oldham. Let's hope Crawley do us a favour tomorrow.

Three teams below us that won't get near out current points. Not that I don't want another 5 or 6 out the remaining games.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:35 pm

Definitely feels like 2 points dropped rather than a point gained from a losing position. Really good display for most of the match but particularly second half.
Quinn MOM for me. He has been excellent for the last few games. Took him a while to get going in a Stags shirt but Clough stuck by him when many on here would have dropped him.
Sinclair close behind him, not just for the goal. He gets in good positions, controls the ball well and is always looking for a pass or a shot.
Our defence generally looked strong, Sweeney looks like he has gone back to basics (no fancy stuff) and Stone did well until his awful mistake.
Midfield competed well and were very creative with lots of movement. We just need more willingness to shoot and a bit of luck in front of goal.
Could be interesting next season if we have Sinclair, Knowles, Law and Bowery plus 1 or 2 more signings competing for the attacking places.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:39 pm

Would be a minor miracle for anyone of the bottom 2 to overtake us now imo.
Lets be honest if you were a complete neutral watching that game tonite would of been hard to tell who was 7th and who was 19th.
Gives me hope for next season seeing the likes of quinn & sinclair looking so hungry
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:43 pm

Colchester just scored their 2nd with 8 minutes left.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:43 pm

chip63 wrote:Wasn't convinced when we signed Quinn but very glad to be proven wrong.
Really impressed with Sinclair and not just the goal, his corners were good but they had a goalie who dealt with most dangerous crosses full on.
I still like rawson and Sweeney as a pair, though I didn't see the full games with the mistakes.

They didn't make any mistakes, they were both excellent. Their goal came from Maris giving the ball away and Stone diving over the shot. Not convinced by McLaughlin at left back but he generally did well, as did Perch. Clarke wasn't at it at all and Lapslie still looks lacking in match sharpness. If we had Stanty up front we'd have won 4-1, I've said that many times this season, very frustrating as worse teams than us will go up this season.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Colchester just scored their 2nd with 8 minutes left.

Never mind if southend can catch us.... Colchester, walsall and barrow won't either. Were safe, just need it confirming mathmatically
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:57 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:19 pm

There’s no reason why sinclair shouldn’t start the the remaining games this season, we all know about reid and it appears the manager has (finally) came to the same conclusion.

He looks a real potential though, and it would have been a real shame/disaster had we lost that
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:25 pm

adamstag wrote:There’s no reason why sinclair shouldn’t start the the remaining games this season, we all know about reid and it appears the manager has (finally) came to the same conclusion.

He looks a real potential though, and it would have been a real shame/disaster had we lost that

Agreed, play him... last 3/4 games if theres really nothing to play for play a few others why not.

Last game of the season id field the youth teamers who have impressed their manager the most with 3/4 of the first team to help them.. nice experience for them and can tell those who are leaving thanks and bye early :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:26 pm

Rob wrote:
chip63 wrote:Wasn't convinced when we signed Quinn but very glad to be proven wrong.

They didn't make any mistakes, they were both excellent. Their goal came from Maris giving the ball away and Stone diving over the shot. Not convinced by McLaughlin at left back but he generally did well, as did Perch. Clarke wasn't at it at all and Lapslie still looks lacking in match sharpness. If we had Stanty up front we'd have won 4-1, I've said that many times this season, very frustrating as worse teams than us will go up this season.
The league table, especially after 40 games, does not lie.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:33 pm

adamstag wrote:There’s no reason why sinclair shouldn’t start the the remaining games this season, we all know about reid and it appears the manager has (finally) came to the same conclusion.

Didn't know he could throw a ball so far, it's never going to happen now but with his corners and throws it would of been good to see how him and Cook would of done upfront.
You can see him giving everything to keep his place in the team especially without the ball and trying to win it back.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:53 pm

As someone said earlier . Where would we be with a strike force and a decent goalkeeper . ?
Sinclairs recent introduction does give us some optimism for the future .
Clarke overplayed tonight but still is constantly involved . Quinn was very good . Lapslie will find his pre injury form . Centre halfs were solid .
Think we need 2 goalkeepers . A left back . Couple of strikers .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:09 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Agreed, play him... last 3/4 games if theres really nothing to play for play a few others why not.

Last game of the season id field the youth teamers who have impressed their manager the most with 3/4 of the first team to help them.. nice experience for them and can tell those who are leaving thanks and bye early :lol:

I would also like to see Ward and Law link up with Sinclair for the last 3/4 games and lets see what Clarke can do as right back and that new young left back we picked up from Derby, lets see firstly, have they got the makings of a first team player and can they be considered back up`s, possible starters for next season. JR may have cut the wage bill in January but he is still losing a lot and this season will have really taken a bite out of his pocket.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:13 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:Welsh cameraman not happy with access arrangements up to bishop street gantry. Ffing and blinding on on line audio stream

it's the Newport analyst. He was indeed not happy at all.

I wondered what was wrong with him when he stormed past me, had a face like thunder! Why was it a problem being on the gantry?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:15 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I see Newport are still dirty gits

They were really pissing me off to the point I started shouting at the ref to get his book out. He was an absolute joke as well. They were constantly moaning and whining at him and he bought it every time. They should've had 4 or 5 booked. To top it off Flynn waited for the ref at the end in the tunnel and wouldn't let him go down the tunnel without having another whinge at him. I really hope they don't go up.

Agree with others on here regarding how good Sweeney, Faz, Sinclair, Perch & Quinn were tonight. We looked a lot more solid tonight I thought. Shame about their goal otherwise it would've been a near complete team performance.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:34 pm

Dan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:Welsh cameraman not happy with access arrangements up to bishop street gantry. Ffing and blinding on on line audio stream

it's the Newport analyst. He was indeed not happy at all.

I wondered what was wrong with him when he stormed past me, had a face like thunder! Why was it a problem being on the gantry?!

he wanted to go in the West Stand but was told his position was in the gantry. Basically you have to go where you are told.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:39 pm

garlic wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I would also like to see Ward and Law link up with Sinclair for the last 3/4 games and lets see what Clarke can do as right back and that new young left back we picked up from Derby, lets see firstly, have they got the makings of a first team player and can they be considered back up`s, possible starters for next season. JR may have cut the wage bill in January but he is still losing a lot and this season will have really taken a bite out of his pocket.

At no stage has JR deliberately cut our budget. Yes it is true that our wage budget has reduced, this was because the signings of Brayford and Akins were blocked by Burton. Had those two signed, I suspect our wage budget would have gone up, as would our points total. JR has given all his managers a very competitive wage budget, only Cox with a promotion and DF with a play-off place have delivered, the rest have failed or in one case, disgracefully deserted him. NC will be given a good budget this summer, probably top 7, maybe top 3 in the division.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:53 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:19 pm

My pics for the last time this season if you want a look: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?van ... 3935689104
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:12 am

Rob wrote:

Rubbish man, we've turned out with a fraction over a point a game so far, and the team's what it is. Said to Yorkie pre season, 'mid table at best' and at present we are nowhere near even that modest prediction so far.
Lacking in every dept of t'pitch thanks to GC, especially up front and in defence. Totally ineffective at set peices, have we even scored from a corner at all this season?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum