{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Retained List 2021

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Retained List

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:12 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:bellwhiff and broomo. That's enough please. If you can't post without commenting on each other, insulting each other, or sniping at each other, then please ignore each other's posts. Thank you.

PM Marty, this is where they should take it. But whiffy'll not do that as he likes to be the centre of attention.

Yeah. Always me isn’t it. I made a reasonable point ref signing players with Burton history. It was a genuine point. I get that the management know them but there are many decent footballers out there. Broomo couldn’t wait to jump back in.

Like I said, my point was a reasonable one but yeah I am the bad guy.

Cry me a f$#kin river buttercup :D

Shut up Cunno :D
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:16 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:bellwhiff and broomo. That's enough please. If you can't post without commenting on each other, insulting each other, or sniping at each other, then please ignore each other's posts. Thank you.

PM Marty, this is where they should take it. But whiffy'll not do that as he likes to be the centre of attention.

Yeah. Always me isn’t it. I made a reasonable point ref signing players with Burton history. It was a genuine point. I get that the management know them but there are many decent footballers out there. Broomo couldn’t wait to jump back in.

Cry me a f$#kin river buttercup :D

Shut up Cunno :D

Why is it hard to have a opinion agree or disagree talk facts enjoy discussions, oh i see its more fun to throw insults, , Some people are throwing corn down knowing people will bite
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:17 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

You are right belly ,it was and still is a valid point ,but some never forget or forgive ,just let it blow over and avoid there posts ,i have certainly blocked a couple ,as im sure a few have blocked me its life
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:21 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Why is it hard to have a opinion agree or disagree talk facts enjoy discussions, oh i see its more fun to throw insults, , Some people are throwing corn down knowing people will bite

It’s an in joke between Cunno and I and has been going on for years. If you’d been here more than a couple of months, you’d know. But you haven’t.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Torrystag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

You are right belly ,it was and still is a valid point ,but some never forget or forgive ,just let it blow over and avoid there posts ,i have certainly blocked a couple ,as im sure a few have blocked me its life

I haven’t blocked anyone. I prefer to read it all.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:29 pm

You still can it gives you the option to view posts by people you want to avoid ,
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Uncle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:05 pm

[/quote]
I don’t see why Belwhiff takes all the flak, he’s a Stag , Broomo isn’t.[/quote]
Being a Stag justifies a total lack of manners and respect?
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Torrystag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:13 pm

Only one person has posted that comment
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:13 pm

Uncle wrote:Being a Stag justifies a total lack of manners and respect?
:coys:

Sorry ? I made a reasonable point and I got accused of gaslighting. But yeah, it’s me.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:03 pm

:lol: I always thought of it as a detained list , players wanting to leave but are made to stay :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:42 pm

I’d keep

Stone
Benning
Gordon
Laps
Law
Ward
Maris
Clarke
O Clarke
Knowles
McLaughlin
Charsley
Sinclair
Bowery
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Moanalot stag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:12 pm

Blimey there are at least 5 on there that shouldn’t be wearing the famous amber next season.
Moanalot stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:51 pm

Does it really matter where the players come from if they improve the squad ? The two we assume Nigel wanted from Burton have been playing and Burton are on a winning streak. So their new manager made a good decision by keeping them. Most managers bring in players they have managed at former clubs.
Don't be surprised if one or two players come from the Scottish league. It wouldn't be the first time Nigel has done that.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Uncle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:37 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:

He was temporarily banned for behaving like a strawberry.

He's back to his old self.

Cheerio.

I think we've lost Broomo for good this time and I lay the blame 100% with the moderators for continuing to allow Belwhiff to post on the forum. He contributes absolutely nothing to any discussion and thinks he's pretty clever by insulting people with a made up word that no one recognises. Keep it up moderators and you'll soon have a forum with no participants.
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:38 am

Amber Andy wrote:Does it really matter where the players come from if they improve the squad ? The two we assume Nigel wanted from Burton have been playing and Burton are on a winning streak. So their new manager made a good decision by keeping them. Most managers bring in players they have managed at former clubs.
Don't be surprised if one or two players come from the Scottish league. It wouldn't be the first time Nigel has done that.

You only have to look at Coxy in recent times for this. They did the job and in the end that's all that mattered.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:00 am

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Is there any chance that we could buy players in from anywhere or is it just Burton ?

How many players have we signed from Burton so far?

How many we been linked with who are ex Burton.

Can’t help yourself can you.

Please name all players bought from Burton,, a valid post, [ no no ] a total fabrication, fact We have not bought any players from Burton, we have 1 on loan
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:04 am

Uncle wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:

Cheerio.

I think we've lost Broomo for good this time and I lay the blame 100% with the moderators for continuing to allow Belwhiff to post on the forum. He contributes absolutely nothing to any discussion and thinks he's pretty clever by insulting people with a made up word that no one recognises. Keep it up moderators and you'll soon have a forum with no participants.

:good_post: :good_post: :good_post:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby magicstag » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:10 am

I dont care were & who they'd played for before us.
Even if they've played for that blue stain, other side of m1.
When they sign for us , thats it their a stag whist playing in amber.
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:22 pm

Nigel Clough on squad size for next season:
"We think we've got the nucleus of a good squad. We're talking about bringing in the region of 5, 6, 7 players, something like that, just to bolster it. We've always worked on the lines of 16, 17 senior outfield players, 3 goalkeepers, and 2 or 3 youngsters on top of that."

3 Goalkeepers
Aidan Stone
New Keeper 1
New Keeper 2 (Jamie Pardington?)

17 Senior Outfield Players
Kellan Gordon
Farrend Rawson
George Maris
George Lapslie
Ollie Clarke
Stephen Quinn
Harry Charsley
Jason Law
Jordan Bowery
Jamie Reid
New Signing 1 (Forward x 1) (Lucas Akins?)
New Signing 2 (Forward x 2)
New Signing 3 (Centre Half x 1)
New Signing 4 (Centre Half x 2)
New Signing 5 (Right Back) (John Brayford?)
New Signing 6 (Left Back) (Scott Tanser?)
New Signing 7 (Midfield/Wide Player)

3 Youngsters
Tyrese Sinclair
Jimmy Knowles
?
?

I still think Stephen McLaughlin might stay if geography allows as he can play many different positions. The same would apply to James Perch.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:24 pm

Looks good to me.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:16 pm

Lapslie Rawson Perch Clarke Stone
Agree get rid of the rest and have another clear out which is not ideal but trust Clough to pick to retain and build up hopefully

The Jan window was not encouraging but I think the shop window was on lockdown and don't think we had much left to bid for in the budget and geographically the latter being key for a lot of signings these days

hopefully if Cook and Maynard go this will get rid of 2 very big wages,
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:30 pm

I wold certainly keep Quinn.His age is against him but I have been impressed with his workrate.Always looking to go forward I like that.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:45 pm

Uncle wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:

Cheerio.

Hes not died or owt ,if he chooses not to post its his choice ,he liked to have the odd dig at belly ,so if he goes adios ,if he posts again ok no drama
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Torrystag wrote:
Uncle wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:

Cheerio.

Hes not died or owt ,if he chooses not to post its his choice ,he liked to have the odd dig at belly ,so if he goes adios ,if he posts again ok no drama

who would be a Mod ehhh :D
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:49 pm

Used to slug it out in the car park back in the day. Shake hands after, job done.
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum