{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Retained List 2021

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Retained List

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:58 pm

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Is there any chance that we could buy players in from anywhere or is it just Burton ?

How many players have we signed from Burton so far?

How many we been linked with who are ex Burton.

Can’t help yourself can you.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:59 pm

Isn't always a bad thing is it?

Lincoln signed all our cast offs, and look where they are now :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:33 pm

So, it's Saturday night and there's nothing to do.

Following NC’s comments at the fans forum, he ideally would like 16-17 senior outfield pros, 3GK’s and 3 youngsters.

We also know he would like between 5-7 in.

Players who we know are under contract for next season :

Stech

Gordon
O’Keeffe
Rawson
Menayese
O'Driscoll

Maris
Clarke
Lapslie
Charsley

Reid
Bowery (I’m not sure if the length of his deal was announced, either way I think he’ll be retained so I’ll stick him in here)

Out of Contract :

Stone

Riley
Clarke
Perch
Sweeney
Wright
Benning

McLaughlin
Law
Ward
Sinclair

Cook
Maynard
Knowles(Something I found interesting from the forum was that there didn't seem any doubt that Jimmy would be back for pre-season to be assessed, I assume therefore we have an option on his contract)

Pardingto, Quinn, Sarkic all due to return to parent club, but I believe Pardington and Quinn are out of contract

I think the make up of the categories will be as follows :

Stone, New GK x2 (I'm not sure they will count the 3rd choice keeper, likely to be a young, in the 5-7 signings)

Gordon, Rawson, Perch, Benning, New LB, New CB

Maris, Charsley, Clarke, Lapslie, Law, New CM, New wingers x2

Bowery, Reid, New Striker

Plus three youngsters.

I think Sinclair and Knowles will be retained and loaned out.

Possible options for the new positions based on past rumours :

Pardington
Tanser
Brayford
Quinn
Akins
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:52 pm

I'm still going for Stephen McLaughlin to be part of our squad as my wild card. I'm not sure we will keep James Perch (despite Forest connections) if we sign Brayford. I'm also not sure that Mal Benning will still be here. I think we will sign Stephen Quinn.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:06 pm

Were Bowery and Reid signed primarily as cover for Maynard and Cook.
I seem to remember talk of great signings for the bench.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:17 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Is there any chance that we could buy players in from anywhere or is it just Burton ?

You've got real issues.

We've signed one player on loan from Burton and you make a stupid comment.

I ask a question and you tell me it's me who can't help myself.

Cut out the gaslighting.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:01 pm

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:

You've got real issues.

We've signed one player on loan from Burton and you make a stupid comment.

I ask a question and you tell me it's me who can't help myself.

Cut out the gaslighting.

Oh look. The latest buzzword. Gaslighting. Legend. We’ve signed one and another that was there last season and another two but the deal fell through.

I have no issues sweets. Now that is gaslighting. The irony.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:28 pm

bellwhiff and broomo. That's enough please. If you can't post without commenting on each other, insulting each other, or sniping at each other, then please ignore each other's posts. Thank you.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:17 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:bellwhiff and broomo. That's enough please. If you can't post without commenting on each other, insulting each other, or sniping at each other, then please ignore each other's posts. Thank you.

Funny how broomo managed to interact with pretty much everyone else with no issues :roll:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:bellwhiff and broomo. That's enough please. If you can't post without commenting on each other, insulting each other, or sniping at each other, then please ignore each other's posts. Thank you.

He was temporarily banned for behaving like a strawberry.

He's back to his old self.

Cheerio.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:11 am

broomo wrote:

He was temporarily banned for behaving like a strawberry.

He's back to his old self.

Cheerio.

Add him to your foe list, you wont see his posts then
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:37 am

PM Marty, this is where they should take it. But whiffy'll not do that as he likes to be the centre of attention.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:55 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm still going for Stephen McLaughlin to be part of our squad as my wild card. I'm not sure we will keep James Perch (despite Forest connections) if we sign Brayford. I'm also not sure that Mal Benning will still be here. I think we will sign Stephen Quinn.

I’m with you on Perch and Benning - a lot depends on whether Nigel thinks he can do better.

I’m warming to SM but I think he still lives in Southend - may come down to other more convenient offers.

The one big challenge may be to move all of the contracted players out to make way - there are 4 of them based on the list.

I also think we need to move away from from phrases like - he’ll be ok for the bench. In my view you have to be in a position where the 17 seniors are all potential regulars and compete for the shirt.

I also think Keaton Ward has looked ok given his lack of recent game time.

I’m not sure what’s gone wrong with O’Keefe - I thought he looked good at the start of the season.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:41 am

It was very strange that Corey O'Keeffe never made the bench yesterday and that we had two centre halfs on the bench.

I would have brought Corey O'Keeffe on for Ollie Clarke yesterday. You could have played him in midfield or at right back.

Is he being frozen out of the club? You would have expected Nigel Clough to give him a chance ahead of Jason Law and Keaton Ward as he has more league experience (35 league appearances).
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:17 am

Answers written on back of a stamp, hope a lot go.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:26 am

Spiritater wrote:

PM Marty, this is where they should take it. But whiffy'll not do that as he likes to be the centre of attention.

Yeah. Always me isn’t it. I made a reasonable point ref signing players with Burton history. It was a genuine point. I get that the management know them but there are many decent footballers out there. Broomo couldn’t wait to jump back in.

Like I said, my point was a reasonable one but yeah I am the bad guy.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:13 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Yeah. Always me isn’t it. I made a reasonable point ref signing players with Burton history. It was a genuine point. I get that the management know them but there are many decent footballers out there. Broomo couldn’t wait to jump back in.

I've made the same comment about signing Burton players pre January transfer window.
Think we were being linked to 3 Burton players coming here, broomo was quite adamant certain players would join Clough here in January or possibly at the end of the season.
I wasn't very keen on the idea and haven't really changed my opinion to date.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:34 am

The confidence of securing those Burton players may well have dwindled after their excellent run. They looked nailed on to be playing in the same league as us in Jan. Will the likes of Bradford and Akins be as keen to jump ship now?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Moanalot stag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:54 am

Spiritater wrote:

I don’t see why Belwhiff takes all the flak, he’s a Stag , Broomo isn’t.
Moanalot stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:03 am

Moanalot stag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

my mum would say “ if you haven’t got anything nice to say, say nowt”

i guess we all should have listened to our mums a bit more !

however Gripper baiting is something i’m guilt of so i’ll say nowt else
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:22 am

, This signing of Burton players is just stirring the pot, rumours about Akins and Brayford thats all they were, dont forget these players have two promotions and two seasons of championship football, and are very much a part of Burtons amazing climb up the League 1 table, so expectation of them coming here natural but not fact.
Quinn was allowed to come here on loan and i feel he has added experience to the squad, most games lost down to defensive errors, and Midfield which he has been part off, has been our strength, On Burton players in the squad when Clough left, my opinion was only Akins would improve us, but i do appreciate the effort Quinn puts in to keep us out of any relegation
battle, 12 games to go, retained list Gordan, Rawson, Sweeny, Stech, to many goals conceded in the lowest division in the football league so how could they cope with talented players
our goals against column says it all, our strikers Bowery and Reid to still be here, and maybe Perch because of his age Though he is playing well, Good luck on finding a straight bat martin
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:28 am

Moanalot stag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

We could look back on posts which are not football related matters, and this is one,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:11 pm

Shame we can’t have a stagsnet message board retained list too :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:25 pm

Dan wrote:Shame we can’t have a stagsnet message board retained list too :D

that’s actually made me laugh at loud
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:04 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Cry me a f$#kin river buttercup :D
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum