{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Changing Rooms

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Changing Rooms

Postby victor A block » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:01 am

No, not the makeover program from 20 years ago with Carol Smillee bending suggestively over a bowl of fruit in a renovated kitchen while Linda Barker whips up a bucket of lime green jelly .

I mean the clubs .

Most clubs during the pandemic have dispatched the away team to a leaking portacabin or a Spoons toilet .
We however seem to have handed ours over very politely and gone to get changed in the west stand bogs .

I reckon this miscalculation could be the answer to our appalling home form . It's either that or because the manager keeps selecting Jamie Reid as principal goal grabber .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Re: Changing Rooms

Postby part time pete » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:17 am

It was brought in so the Stags only did one team talk with all the players together.

Teams who use the proper changing rooms have to use both home and away rooms so a team talk has to be done to each room separately.

Whereas in the West Stand hospitality room it is big enough to have all players in one room.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:29 am

home results improved after the switch, which was instigated by Richard Cooper (and explained here https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... tchid=1059), ... until the last two home games which we've obviously lost. So I don't think this is anything to do with the poor home form this season.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Conker » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:37 am

I think our poor home form is more to do with the fact we are not very good.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:41 am

victor A block wrote:No, not the makeover program from 20 years ago with Carol Smillee bending suggestively over a bowl of fruit in a renovated kitchen while Linda Barker whips up a bucket of lime green jelly .

I mean the clubs .

Most clubs during the pandemic have dispatched the away team to a leaking portacabin or a Spoons toilet .
We however seem to have handed ours over very politely and gone to get changed in the west stand bogs .

I reckon this miscalculation could be the answer to our appalling home form . It's either that or because the manager keeps selecting Jamie Reid as principal goal grabber .

nice quote about Carol Smillee but not relevant, this post is a dig at the clubs treatment of players, and the facts are ridiculous, changing in the bogs, for Martin to take time and give your
post the time of day, , says a lot about Martin, On a satirical note, some would say after the last two games, well we can guess, If you feel the conditions of employment are unfair, then the players union needs to be involved, and if the facts are not proved, , you should be put in the bogs
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:40 am

Conker wrote:I think our poor home form is more to do with the fact we are not very good.

:lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:00 pm

Conker wrote:I think our poor home form is more to do with the fact we are not very good.

:lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Dan wrote:

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:46 pm

Yeah if only Jamie Reid got changed in the home dressing room then he’d have bagged 35 goals already
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:03 pm

Quote of the season :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:31 pm

Due to Covid restrictions and social distancing both the home and away changing rooms are now occupied by the away side with ourselves in the Kevin Bird.

For Nigel to give a team talk or address the players he has to speak in one room, for the away side they have to speak in two. It makes sense and up until three games ago was working.

Which is what Pete said (Apologies for only reading the first post and my mind drifting off with thoughts of Jelly and Linda Barker). There was a plan to crank up the heating in the away teams changing rooms to make it uncomfortable for them, that was working up until three games ago also.
Last edited by I am Spartacus on Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You sir, have won post of the year. Though to be fair the competition isn’t up to much!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:18 pm

Spot on conker :D I used to think they didn't like playing in front of our nasty abusive fans, no, they're still hopeless without
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum