{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Morecambe scorefred sponsored by cook the shrimps or.....

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Morecambe scorefred sponsored by cook the shrimps or....

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:15 am

After the abject, lifeless and listless displays against Cambridge and Harrogate yesterday’s display was a sign that as a club we are going in the right direction. Under the previous two encumbents it would have been a case of rinse, repeat and here we go again another poor display. But by the manner the players picked themselves from the floor and beat a top five team, responded to Nigel’s instructions and put pride back in themselves it was 3 points, yes; a win, yes but a lot more in terms of character, belief and response.

Well done.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Morcamebe came with a 3,5,2 having 9 behind the ball limiting space for our players, hoping to catch us on the break, dealing with this needs concentration on keeping the back door closed,
and this can be very frustrating, confidence can soon disappear, Harrogate got it spot on on two occasions, and Morecambe were on a roll, so a clean sheet from a solid defensive display , with Stone, Rawson, Sweeney performing well having scored a goal and protecting that lead, yes it was smiles all around.
The use of the bench always a vocal point, they did and it did not work, like a lot on here Reid seems more a passenger than a focal point of our attack, maybe we are all missing something,
Watching our midfield without two key players in Charsley and Lapslie gives hope for the future, back to 11 points of relegation means i get to enjoy the weekend.
A lot of us knew we would not make the the playoffs, but too good to go down, a lot of young players gaining valuable experience, and Sat was a good day
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:40 pm

So are we still deep in a relegation battle or are we going up this week?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:00 pm

Dan wrote:So are we still deep in a relegation battle or are we going up this week?

Championes, championes.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:03 pm

Morecambe played 4-2-3-1: Letheren; Mellor, Lavelle, Davis, Gibson (Hendry 56); Diagouraga (Lyons 65), Songo’o (Leitch-Smith 81); O’Sullivan (McAlinden 81), Wildig, Mendes-Gomes; Stockton.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:05 pm

Dan wrote:So are we still deep in a relegation battle or are we going up this week?

Up to sixth in xG table after winning yesterday 1.5 to 0.6 :lol:

So promotion back on.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:08 pm

In the real world need 12 wins from sixteen games for pay offs.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Morecambe manager Derek Adams told the Morecambe website:
"I thought it was an extremely poor game. There was no quality in the 90 minutes from both sides. Especially us, we didn't start the game very well.
"Mansfield started the game better than us. They won second balls, they got forward, they created a lot of corners, without creating any real opportunities.
"The only opportunity they had on target was the one they scored. And really the only opportunity that we had in the game was at the end when AJ tries to flick it in.
"Overall I didn't think it was a good afternoon. A lot of decision-making wasn't good enough on the day. And I think that has caused us the problem this afternoon.
"The pitch is in extremely poor condition. That didn't allow any of the two teams to play football. There was very few opportunities on goal throughout the afternoon and that includes us.
"I thought that Mansfield did start the game a lot better than us. And they had probably the better of the first half. We had the better of the second half without finding that turn of the key to get the ball into the back of the net."

(transcribed by Martin)

--------------------
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:18 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Morecambe manager Derek Adams told the Morecambe website:
"I thought it was an extremely poor game. There was no quality in the 90 minutes from both sides. Especially us, we didn't start the game very well.
"Mansfield started the game better than us. They won second balls, they got forward, they created a lot of corners, without creating any real opportunities.
"The only opportunity they had on target was the one they scored. And really the only opportunity that we had in the game was at the end when AJ tries to flick it in.
"Overall I didn't think it was a good afternoon. A lot of decision-making wasn't good enough on the day. And I think that has caused us the problem this afternoon.
"The pitch is in extremely poor condition. That didn't allow any of the two teams to play football. There was very few opportunities on goal throughout the afternoon and that includes us.
"I thought that Mansfield did start the game a lot better than us. And they had probably the better of the first half. We had the better of the second half without finding that turn of the key to get the ball into the back of the net."

(transcribed by Martin)

--------------------

Was he drunk?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:23 pm

certainly a major oversight to forget Bowery's shot which was parried out to Reid in the first half. And to suggest that Morecambe had the better of the second half is absurd in my opinion.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:12 pm

I thought Morecambe applied the most pressure in the 2nd half but they could not break us down. We did to them what Harrogate did to us on Tuesday night and just closed them down and booted and headed the ball clear whenever possible. Their best chance came near the end with that little dink over the top by Mendes Gomes but Leitch-Smith completely missed the ball.

I'm looking forward to the classic Derek Adams post match video on You Tube where he describes the bleeding obvious "We kicked off at 3.00pm. It was a game of two halfs. Mansfield scored a goal but we didn't."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:21 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I thought Morecambe applied the most pressure in the 2nd half but they could not break us down. We did to them what Harrogate did to us on Tuesday night and just closed them down and booted and headed the ball clear whenever possible. Their best chance came near the end with that little dink over the top by Mendes Gomes but Leitch-Smith completely missed the ball.

I'm looking forward to the classic Derek Adams post match video on You Tube where he describes the bleeding obvious "We kicked off at 3.00pm. It was a game of two halfs. Mansfield scored a goal but we didn't."

I've transcribed the video above for the Stagsnet News archive since no media outlet has written it up. The video is on the Morecambe website.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum