{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Can Stags make the Play-Offs

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Can Stags make the Play-Offs

Postby victor A block » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:26 pm

Looking at our January ins and outs I'm not even sure it's on the Radfords / Clough agenda .

Looking safe from relegation , a chance to see some of the younger players and keeping the squad trimmed down for the summer window .

It really doesn't look like any decisions to go for it were made and you can't blame the Radfords for that . A really poor start with ground to make up . Difficult January window . I think eyes are on next season .

I think the Colchester game bears this out . Nigel had little option to change things even before we went 2-1 up .

To answer the question . No .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:30 pm

Torrystag wrote:Of course we can make the play offs ,in fact i will be dissapointed if we dont ,we are still on an unbeaten run after two tough away games ,the players training will im sure be adjusted to suit the fixtures ahead ,and before anyone says we are expecting too much ,its just that i feel we are better than a hell of a lot of teams in this division and if we dont do it i wont be laying any blame at anyones door

I definitely won't be disappointed if we don't miss out on the play offs given the start of the season we had. Many on here were convinced we were going to be relegated after 2 months but I'm mainly happy we've got a good manager and we're still on our unbeaten run. It's nice not to be panicking every week like many were under your mate GC ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:06 pm

Love this GC was my buddy ,bit no i support whoever is in charge of the club ,unlike a few, i support MTFC no one else matters
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:20 pm

Torrystag wrote:Love this GC was my buddy ,bit no i support whoever is in charge of the club ,unlike a few, i support MTFC no one else matters

Your Loyalty was admirable and followed him over a cliff :lol:

The rest of us had seen the light :)

You should have come back as The six million dollar stag ,we have the technology to rebuild him :lol: :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:24 pm

Well you just posted about a torry ,yes loyalty is the main word in my life ,cant help it never have never will
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:00 pm

Well we where ticking along nicely until the break with the weather .

Lets sea the season out and rebuild and i be looking forward to see who NC will bring to the club .

Be great if we watching and be able to give NC a massive welcome at field mill :)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:24 pm

Can we stay up.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:34 pm

Kernow wrote:Can we stay up.

Definitely not. We're doomed, destined to finish bottom of the league. Clough out. Stop the rot before we're non league
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:53 am

Kernow wrote:Can we stay up.

I think we have enough.... Need lapse back asap though
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:28 am

Clownty and Chesterfield to get promoted. Stags to get relegated. Getting disturbingly realistic :o
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby bear 73 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:42 am

Forest 10 points of relegation, Derby 8 points of relegation, Mansfield 8 points of relegation, we are all doomed .
there is a lot of twists and turns yet
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:43 am

BoughtonStag71 wrote:Clownty and Chesterfield to get promoted. Stags to get relegated. Getting disturbingly realistic :o

I’d be surprised if any of those things happened, but it’s going to be close. We need to buck our ideas up sharpish.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:08 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
BoughtonStag71 wrote:Clownty and Chesterfield to get promoted. Stags to get relegated. Getting disturbingly realistic :o

I’d be surprised if any of those things happened, but it’s going to be close. We need to buck our ideas up sharpish.
I can see one of Notts or Cheaterfield being promoted.
No chance of playoffs for us, never has been in my estimation. We will survive after a struggle.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:36 pm

watched southend game back and they're far better than us based on the FGR game and our recent games. Looked very decent, moved the ball well and created chances and the goals wow. FGR definitely thought they would stroll past them. I think they will stop up.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:26 pm

Certainly not based on recent performances
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous