{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Not stags related worth a laugh though cartoon palmer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Not stags related worth a laugh though cartoon palmer

Postby northern stag » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:57 pm

He signed Fraser McLachlan and Layton Maxwell AND played them in the same midfield, he should have been certified for that act alone !!
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby chip63 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:14 pm

Did I mention he used to play for England.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:18 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:You do know what the word comparison means don’t you?

I’ll meet you half way. Other than a few comments you didn’t like fifteen years ago, what are you basing your opinion that on to be able to call Palmer a ‘weapon’?

I’ll give you my opinion on the whole thing.

Palmer is one of a handful of black managers who are ex England internationals. Each of those managers have been consistently overlooked for jobs and have been given reputations of being arrogant and entitled by the media and football fans.

On the other hand, Wayne Rooney (great player) has regularly displayed what kind of character he is by consistently cheating on his wife and breaking rules relating to alcohol. He’s now the media darling having been given the Derby job without any pedigree at all. In his brief managerial career so far, he has a 27 per cent win percentage. Fell free to compare that to Palmer.

Based upon these observations I think Palmer has been treated unfairly and (as written in my initial post) I am surprised that he hasn’t been given the chance elsewhere yet.

I’m basing it on his support for Haslam, you remember him? The bloke who almost deliberately took this club out of business after asset stripping it. His skin colour is utterly irrelevant and I’m amazed it’s even being brought into the discussion.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:51 pm

I’ll meet you half way. Other than a few comments you didn’t like fifteen years ago, what are you basing your opinion that on to be able to call Palmer a ‘weapon’?

Palmer is one of a handful of black managers who are ex England internationals. Each of those managers have been consistently overlooked for jobs and have been given reputations of being arrogant and entitled by the media and football fans.

On the other hand, Wayne Rooney (great player) has regularly displayed what kind of character he is by consistently cheating on his wife and breaking rules relating to alcohol. He’s now the media darling having been given the Derby job without any pedigree at all. In his brief managerial career so far, he has a 27 per cent win percentage. Fell free to compare that to Palmer.

Based upon these observations I think Palmer has been treated unfairly and (as written in my initial post) I am surprised that he hasn’t been given the chance elsewhere yet.

He as not got a mangers job elsewhere because he was a poor manger !
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:58 pm

Norman wrote:

I stopped reading at "handful of black managers"......

Another onto the foe list.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:10 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
Norman wrote:

Why?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:42 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
Norman wrote:

Why?

Because its propaganda but you know what he means .
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:45 pm

jpstags wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
Norman wrote:

Why?

Because its propaganda but you know what he means .

Eh?? I don't and I don't get the propaganda bit from you either.

Perhaps smulls was right and I am a thicko :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum