{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Not stags related worth a laugh though cartoon palmer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Not stags related worth a laugh though cartoon palmer

Postby bluenyellow » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:33 am

Carlton Palmer

@CarltonPalmer

@AlanBiggs1

phone the chairman . Tell him I will take the job . Give me control of all playing matters and the funds he has allocated to previous managers . Give me two full seasons if I don’t get promotion I pay all my salary back to him if I do he gives me double my salary
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Not stags related worth a laugh though cartoon palmer

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:38 am

Which chairman, which club??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:52 am

I listened to a really good interview with Carlton Palmer and he was really likeable. I think he’s always been the victim of unfair press, especially as a player.

I’m not saying I would want him here, but it is a bit of a surprise he hasn’t had more managers jobs.

I don’t think his record is that terrible is it?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:56 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:I listened to a really good interview with Carlton Palmer and he was really likeable. I think he’s always been the victim of unfair press, especially as a player.

I’m not saying I would want him here, but it is a bit of a surprise he hasn’t had more managers jobs.

Are you on a wind up ot was you born after 2005???
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:00 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:I listened to a really good interview with Carlton Palmer and he was really likeable. I think he’s always been the victim of unfair press, especially as a player.

You must not remember his comments regarding Haslam I think it was before a fa cup game in tv? I'm sure he said something like 'Its his club and he can do what he likes with it'.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:04 pm

He was haslams best friend, turned on us after he left, praised haslam before the cup, saying how much he'd done financially for the club building the new ground.
He used to play for England if anybody who met him didn't know.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:15 pm

He dropped an in form Corden to prove to the fans he was the boss. :?

And then admitted that was actually the reason :roll:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:19 pm

I need a shower after reading that, it makes me feel dirty. :thumbdown:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:53 pm

Stockport = 27% win rate
Mansfield = 24% win rate

You're right his record isn't terrible, it's flipping* shocking.

*Just for clarification didn't type flipping.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:30 pm

Corden was class and loved by fans. I never went to a game after that until Palmer was gone. Big head big ego , Haslam puppet
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:14 pm

I’ve heard stories and listened to so many podcasts where his name comes up in conversation. Hard to acknowledge it but he does come across as a no nonsense bloke who doesn’t give a toss what people think about him, and I’ve always admired that attitude. He was a complete tool at Mansfield. Asked once about racism in football and his experiences and he told of chants from the stands of ‘you black barstool’, he said it only made him play better and that he’d shout back ‘rich black barstool’ (or words to that effect). Again, you’ve got to admire that in these PC, snowflake generation times we live in now...
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Number63 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:51 pm

BilsthorpeStag wrote:I’ve heard stories and listened to so many podcasts where his name comes up in conversation. Hard to acknowledge it but he does come across as a no nonsense bloke who doesn’t give a toss what people think about him, and I’ve always admired that attitude. He was a complete tool at Mansfield. Asked once about racism in football and his experiences and he told of chants from the stands of ‘you black barstool’, he said it only made him play better and that he’d shout back ‘rich black barstool’ (or words to that effect). Again, you’ve got to admire that in these PC, snowflake generation times we live in now...

Carlton Palmer’s view back in the day of how he responded to racial harassment is completely up to him.

If I have understood your final comment it is suggesting that taking the same approach to tackle racism is appropriate now and that to challenge it in any other way means that you are PC or taking a snowflake view.
Racism and homophobia are problems in society and so within football.

Whilst individual players can answer back to incidents it is incumbent on the administrator’s owner’s players and the supporters to challenge this. This isn’t being politically correct or snowflake it is been human and humane.

:coys:
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:56 pm

You are kidding me. Bloke is a weapon.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:13 pm

Wow just wow. :? :shock: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:16 pm

Dan wrote:

Either a massive troll or massive jebend.

Cant decide.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:10 pm

Imagine still foaming at the mouth over some comments that were made 15 years ago!
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:32 pm

Charlton palmer. Bad manager but decent scout.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:23 am

Captain Cunno wrote:
Dan wrote:

Either a massive troll or massive jebend.

Cant decide.

Definitely both.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:31 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:Imagine still foaming at the mouth over some comments that were made 15 years ago!

Imagine forgetting your history so blithely. You ought to be ashamed

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:47 am

“Forgetting your history”, like I’ve just denied the Holocaust!

I apologise for disagreeing with you both Bellwhiff and Dan, the moral arbiters of Stagsnet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can’t add more because I’m enthralled at bully boy telling someone how long is a reasonable commute and don’t want to miss the next post.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:10 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:“Forgetting your history”, like I’ve just denied the Holocaust!

I apologise for disagreeing with you both Bellwhiff and Dan, the moral arbiters of Stagsnet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can’t add more because I’m enthralled at bully boy telling someone how long is a reasonable commute and don’t want to miss the next post.

Wow. That’s quite a nauseating comparison. You really are a belmer.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:37 am

You do know what the word comparison means don’t you?

I’ll meet you half way. Other than a few comments you didn’t like fifteen years ago, what are you basing your opinion that on to be able to call Palmer a ‘weapon’?

I’ll give you my opinion on the whole thing.

Palmer is one of a handful of black managers who are ex England internationals. Each of those managers have been consistently overlooked for jobs and have been given reputations of being arrogant and entitled by the media and football fans.

On the other hand, Wayne Rooney (great player) has regularly displayed what kind of character he is by consistently cheating on his wife and breaking rules relating to alcohol. He’s now the media darling having been given the Derby job without any pedigree at all. In his brief managerial career so far, he has a 27 per cent win percentage. Fell free to compare that to Palmer.

Based upon these observations I think Palmer has been treated unfairly and (as written in my initial post) I am surprised that he hasn’t been given the chance elsewhere yet.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:56 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:You do know what the word comparison means don’t you?

I’ll meet you half way. Other than a few comments you didn’t like fifteen years ago, what are you basing your opinion that on to be able to call Palmer a ‘weapon’?

I’ll give you my opinion on the whole thing.

Palmer is one of a handful of black managers who are ex England internationals. Each of those managers have been consistently overlooked for jobs and have been given reputations of being arrogant and entitled by the media and football fans.

On the other hand, Wayne Rooney (great player) has regularly displayed what kind of character he is by consistently cheating on his wife and breaking rules relating to alcohol. He’s now the media darling having been given the Derby job without any pedigree at all. In his brief managerial career so far, he has a 27 per cent win percentage. Fell free to compare that to Palmer.

Based upon these observations I think Palmer has been treated unfairly and (as written in my initial post) I am surprised that he hasn’t been given the chance elsewhere yet.

If you’d bother to read the whole thread rather than be obsessed about what me and belly say you’d clearly see the post made further up that states his win ratio which was:
Stockport = 27% win rate
Mansfield = 24% win rate

So about the same as a bloke who’s had one game as a proper manager :lol: but that doesn’t suit your agenda does it?! Well done for playing the race card though *yawn*
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:28 pm

Big yella wrote:

Stockport = 27% win rate
Mansfield = 24% win rate

You're right his record isn't terrible, it's flipping* shocking.

*Just for clarification didn't type flipping.

Did you type "very"?

Palmer was a good footballer but a truly awful manager tainted by his relationship and defence of Haslam. However, if you meet him he is very likeable and engaging believe it or not!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:52 pm

I too have heard him on a couple of podcasts. He’s a high opinion of himself, but he’s entertaining, good value for those type of podcasts.

Wouldn’t want him managing my team but can imagine as a player he was a good character to have in the dressing room.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum