{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cumbrians scorefred POSTPONED sponsoredby We love our Nigel

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cumbrians scorefred POSTPONED sponsoredby We love our Ni

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:32 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:Thicko PP! Momentum is still ongoing!

So i take it you're calling Nigel thicko too? :roll:

The manager is never going to say his side weren't ready for the next game is he? He did also add that the break gives us the change to get players back to full fitness. Both Clarke and Perch were doubtful for this game, we played on Sunday and in midweek and a few others have injuries that will clear up. The break has come at a good time. As for us all being experts, like you we are just expressing our own opinion ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:22 pm

Rob wrote:

The manager is never going to say his side weren't ready for the next game is he? He did also add that the break gives us the change to get players back to full fitness. Both Clarke and Perch were doubtful for this game, we played on Sunday and in midweek and a few others have injuries that will clear up. The break has come at a good time. As for us all being experts, like you we are just expressing our own opinion ;)

But Rob, as JP says Clough didn't want it off and hes currently The Messiah so that's an expert aint it? :lol:

It was my opinion Rob yes but as usual the insults started for having it. Good old Smulls, i think theres an old saying Rob about insults mask a lack of intelligence, ironic aint it :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:09 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Rob wrote:

But Rob, as JP says Clough didn't want it off and hes currently The Messiah so that's an expert aint it? :lol:

It was my opinion Rob yes but as usual the insults started for having it. Good old Smulls, i think theres an old saying Rob about insults mask a lack of intelligence, ironic aint it :lol:

Cloughie is definitely the Messiah, our turnaround has been remarkable and I am struggling to recall a new manager making such an impact here, probably going back to Dave Smith. As for being called thicko, I'm sure you've been called worse, I definitely have, usually by the board bully or the wife :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Blackburn Stag » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:49 pm

Obviously we'll never know whether it's a good or bad postponement as the result of the game if played on Saturday will never be found out. Selfishly would have liked a pop at a Carlisle team with a few out due to mild Covid like Harrogate would have got if the floodlight failure hadn't have happened in midweek, but could have been an "in hindsight" moment where we were saying after 5pm on Saturday it was a game in quick succession too far for us, momentum or not.
Blackburn Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:09 pm

Rob wrote:

I think Clough is a straight talker, he wanted it on Saturday, and why not in our form.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:32 pm

As long as we beat Carlisle when we play them, then it has not been a bad postponement.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby The One » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:57 pm

Rescheduled 16th March 7pm
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:26 pm

The One wrote:Rescheduled 16th March 7pm

4 consecutive midweek games
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:25 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
The One wrote:Rescheduled 16th March 7pm

4 consecutive midweek games

Squad rotation needed
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:17 pm

Rob wrote:

I reckon Clough comes across pretty honest Rob, personally!! Think when he says he would perfer to play and keep momentum he means it.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum