{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conor Shaughnessy

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conor Shaughnessy

Postby gregmtfc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:31 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
gregmtfc wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Far better than Charsley put it that way.

Wouldn't mind him playing alongside Clarke.

Given that charsley has been playing out of position to help out , I think he’s done ok and before that when he was playing in centre mid, he was excellent. Think it’s very unfair to criticise him since playing as a winger since it’s not his position.

As long as we’re playing this formation he will always be out of position. He’s not a central midfielder, not good enough on the ball and not strong enough. He’s an attacking midfielder, so he’s as close to his position as he can get in the current system. He provide a real goal threat off the right which no other player we currently have could do.

Thought Charsley did excellent in midfield tonight, was good to see him in there and not out wide
MTFC for life, always a yorkshire stag. COYS!!
gregmtfc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:58 pm

gregmtfc wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
gregmtfc wrote:

Given that charsley has been playing out of position to help out , I think he’s done ok and before that when he was playing in centre mid, he was excellent. Think it’s very unfair to criticise him since playing as a winger since it’s not his position.

As long as we’re playing this formation he will always be out of position. He’s not a central midfielder, not good enough on the ball and not strong enough. He’s an attacking midfielder, so he’s as close to his position as he can get in the current system. He provide a real goal threat off the right which no other player we currently have could do.

Thought Charsley did excellent in midfield tonight, was good to see him in there and not out wide

He did play well, I must admit. Certainly surprised me. Fair play to him, hope he continues to prove me wrong if he gets more games in that position.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gregmtfc » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:03 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
gregmtfc wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
gregmtfc wrote:

He did play well, I must admit. Certainly surprised me. Fair play to him, hope he continues to prove me wrong if he gets more games in that position.

Fingers crossed mate, all the midfield 3 were brilliant tbh, unreal turn around from Clough. Couple of loan signings to beef out our squad as well. Onwards & upwards
MTFC for life, always a yorkshire stag. COYS!!
gregmtfc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:07 am

Our running power in the middle of the park is unbelievable. Possibly unrivalled in the league.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:16 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Our running power in the middle of the park is unbelievable. Possibly unrivalled in the league.
I agree. It's a long time since we've been able to say that.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:04 am

Sedgwick wrote: He could be very decent he's just weak as piss

was a frequent criticism of disley, too.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum