{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Relegation

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Relegation

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:18 pm

I start to worry just when the season begins, I suppose that would qualify as premature flapping :D

I'll only cease to worry when we pull away from the relegation zone, I just could not stand another drop into the abyss, it was raspberryer than a raspberry thing being raspberries.
Last edited by Rob on Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:19 pm

There are some alarming issues.

Whereas the midfield does some ability to it - the players are weak as piss and too easily bullied.

Also - whenever we take the lead - which we've done frequently - we nearly always lose it and either draw or lose. However, when we go behind we stay behind.

Also we need more uptop, the service to Maynard has been poor (though he's also not looked massively interested) for all the effort in the world - Bowery isn't a league player - he tries hard bless him but surely he must start with cook - or play Bowery in a different role,]

We've also been riddled by individual errors.

This side is quite easily worse than the one that went down - but at least this time we've manager and a budget to get us out of it
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Need to get more wins before January then really go to town on transfers.... Just like Evans had to.

Its all good saying Stevange and southend are worse than us but we cant rely on them being raspberry...

7 games in December takes us up to 20 games... one win out of 20 and were in serious trouble.

Cambridge
Crawley
Grimsby
Carlisle
Southend
Scunthorpe
Salford

Probably need 4 wins out of that lot to have some hope going into the new year.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:45 pm

Am I worried? A little, if the world stops now and they do a points per game table we’re in trouble.

It’s clear to see we’re short of quality in certain departments but I also think it’ll be addressed in the next window, it’s about getting enough points until January to try and move clear.

Looking at the last 2 games it was disappointing to draw with Colchester and to lose last night, sort those issues short term and we’ll be good enough.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:56 pm

There is no doubt this is a relegation fight with out a win at home, and the honey moon is over, hoping to climb to mid table, a win against Harrogate and looking at playoffs, but the mountain has just got steeper
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:58 pm

Was hoping we would still make a play off place but I see it as survival more now
Don’t know why Bowery was MOM at Sunderland and then plays as he is now and Lapslie was a revelation but look at him last night
Do not understand this team
I have a a lot of faith in Clough but even he must thinking what an earth have I taken on!!!
He has a mission very very difficult but hopefully not impossible
We would need 3 wins min back to back to get up the ladder away from the snakes
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:44 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Need to get more wins before January then really go to town on transfers.... Just like Evans had to.

Its all good saying Stevange and southend are worse than us but we cant rely on them being raspberry...

7 games in December takes us up to 20 games... one win out of 20 and were in serious trouble.

Cambridge
Crawley
Grimsby
Carlisle
Southend
Scunthorpe
Salford

Probably need 4 wins out of that lot to have some hope going into the new year.

If we only manage two wins from those games they’ve got to be against Southend and Scunthorpe or we’re in trouble.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:51 pm

I'd expect 10 points from from 7 games - which is going in the right direction - slowly.

The games against Southend and Scunthorpe over christmas are the big ones
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:15 pm

The cap will be a problem, unless we manage to shift more out. It’s going to hinder our ability to improve this January like we did with Steve Evans.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:22 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Bolton won 3 in a row and now 3 points off playoffs..... absolutely tin pot league.

Need to put a run together asap and we will be fine

The only run this team could produce is if they had a dodgy curry the night before.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:35 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Was hoping we would still make a play off place but I see it as survival more now
Don’t know why Bowery was MOM at Sunderland and then plays as he is now and Lapslie was a revelation but look at him last night
Do not understand this team
I have a a lot of faith in Clough but even he must thinking what an earth have I taken on!!!
He has a mission very very difficult but hopefully not impossible
We would need 3 wins min back to back to get up the ladder away from the snakes

I don't think Nigel Clough is thinking "what on earth I have taken on".

He seems happy with the players attitude and commitment. It's the decisions in the final third that he says need putting right.

A few sessions on the training field and things will improve. Keep the faith.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:55 pm

Conker wrote:The cap will be a problem, unless we manage to shift more out. It’s going to hinder our ability to improve this January like we did with Steve Evans.

Apparently were well under it for the very reason of needing to add half way through the season, how true that is, I guess we will find out come Jan.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:05 pm

Either way we are in deep crap. Hopefully Clough can save us.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:20 pm

1 or 2 midfielders with a decent forward player to go with Cook and Maynard should hopefully be enough on it's own
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:58 am

Sedgwick wrote:Bolton won 3 in a row and now 3 points off playoffs..... absolutely tin pot league.

Oh easy, just put a run together. There you go, just done it. It was that simple, why didn't you say so sooner.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:21 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:

Oh easy, just put a run together. There you go, just done it. It was that simple, why didn't you say so sooner.

take it you'd prefer it we didn't then... :?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:59 am

I have never studied the league tables as often as I have done of late, I am worried.

Not through the current emcumbent but by this assembled side. Of this current side, whose name do you read on the team sheet and think to yourself and think, ‘We have a chance today we will be okay’?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:19 am

Sedgwick wrote:

Clearly not. But you say 'put a run together' like it's easy. Obviously we need to win games.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:20 am

Clough is not a glory hunter, could have had forest whenever he liked but chose to be a legend at an underdog in Burton. All the jobs he's chosen have been at underdogs and this is his best chance at becoming a two club legend. I think he knows what he's doing.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:43 am

julianshatnasty wrote:Clough is not a glory hunter, could have had forest whenever he liked but chose to be a legend at an underdog in Burton. All the jobs he's chosen have been at underdogs and this is his best chance at becoming a two club legend. I think he knows what he's doing.

It’s not faith in ‘Our Nigel’ that I lack, far from it. It’s just what he has to work with that I fear.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:44 am

Sedgwick wrote:

Clearly not. But you say 'put a run together' like it's easy. Obviously we need to win games.

Well obviously its not easy but its the only way out of the mess were in. Its got to start sooner than later.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:50 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:I have never studied the league tables as often as I have done of late, I am worried.

Not through the current emcumbent but by this assembled side. Of this current side, whose name do you read on the team sheet and think to yourself and think, ‘We have a chance today we will be okay’?

I looks to me that even at this stage of the season Southend are going to finish bottom. Therefore I think we only need to finish above one other team. I'm sure Nigel Clough has enough experience to achieve that even with what he has currently to chose from.

If I have a concern,it is that the season could finish early, and the relegation places could be decided on points per game.

Keep the faith.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:54 pm

NAILED ON!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:57 pm