{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hijacked Posts

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hijacked Posts

Postby Jamie » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:02 pm

Stagsnet has always been like this. Not saying its right or shouldn't change but its not just a recent issue.

It's the problem generally with faceless commication added to by being a very opinion based subject matter. As someone else said, face to face two opposing views can usually be shared in a much more constructive and accepting way.

Without wishing to name names there are certain individuals who get personal all the time, often in an abusive way. While ever they are allowed to carry on and not grt banned, nothing will change.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:32 pm

I miss playing the sheep as much as they missed playing us when we were in t'pit up to our neck for five years. I certainly don't want to be playing em anytime soon, as for certain it'll mean we'll be playing Kings Lynn, Wealdstone and Boreham Wood etc too, and that'd just about be :wave: MTFC
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:51 pm

;) Born with a gentle soul so only kind post to me thanks :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sue » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:49 am

Jamie wrote:
Without wishing to name names there are certain individuals who get personal all the time, often in an abusive way. While ever they are allowed to carry on and not grt banned, nothing will change.

Mods - could you please delete any comments that are purely abusive/retaliatary etc and without any reference to Stags? The negativity is unpleasant for most of us and deters some for posting anything. Just as bad, it gives a highly undesirable impression to any visitors to this forum and reflects badly on our club.
Last edited by Sue on Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:07 pm

Yes some of the name-calling gets a bit much, but lets face it, without their input this forum would be a ghost town.

people saying the only reason they don't post is because of the abuse it's utter tosh. They wouldn't post even if these users were banned, thus the forum would be dead.

If you don't like it, foe them, and prove you'll start posting, its literally that simple!
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby magicstag » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:15 pm

Maybe if the name calling and sniping stopped
We might get more younger fans posting .
What some people dont seem to understand is that
football is more of a family sport now.
So more familys will be coming on here, but
With all sniping and name calling it will put them off
Letting there kids post.
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bear 73 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Banning people on forums must be a last resort, but getting personal and nasty is a non=starter. and constant back biting is a real turn off, so lets stick to football.
and anyone giving money to Mansfield Town is a supporter,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:59 pm

bear 73 wrote:Banning people on forums must be a last resort, but getting personal and nasty is a non=starter. and constant back biting is a real turn off, so lets stick to football.

Don't let gazmoose see this
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:16 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Banning people on forums must be a last resort, but getting personal and nasty is a non=starter. and constant back biting is a real turn off, so lets stick to football.

:mtfc: :D :D
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:05 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

:mtfc: :D :D

How ironic
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:44 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Damn you bobbystagsfan :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave C8 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:21 am

Tre Cool wrote:I'm a daily lurker but rarely post for the exact reasons as many others, but also because I'm pretty nondescript and unopinionated. I also miss the input of certain forum users we've seemed to have scared off for good now. Bard, Convertmel, CMK, Nidge, Doom Merchant and others.

Haslam is Out - Happy Christmas
Dave C8
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:31 am

Jamie wrote:Stagsnet has always been like this. Not saying its right or shouldn't change but its not just a recent issue.

It's the problem generally with faceless commication added to by being a very opinion based subject matter. As someone else said, face to face two opposing views can usually be shared in a much more constructive and accepting way.

I don't understand why people don't just block them? It's not hard. There's one particular poster who likes to name call and ruins most threads. I've just blocked him and I don't see his posts now unless I click on them.

But you're right about it not being a new thing. Remember Wolfie and Hully? If people think posts are fretting hijacked now, they weren't around then :lol:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave C8 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:26 am

ParisStag wrote:
Jamie wrote:Stagsnet has always been like this. Not saying its right or shouldn't change but its not just a recent issue.

I don't understand why people don't just block them? It's not hard. There's one particular poster who likes to name call and ruins most threads. I've just blocked him and I don't see his posts now unless I click on them.

But you're right about it not being a new thing. Remember Wolfie and Hully? If people think posts are fretting hijacked now, they weren't around then :lol:

It can't be easy for the mods dealing with mental health issues and trying to be inclusive.
Perhaps they have to think BLM.
Dave C8
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:30 am

Dave C8 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

It can't be easy for the mods dealing with mental health issues and trying to be inclusive.
Perhaps they have to think BLM.

Why do they have to think BLM (or KLM as other airlines matter also). Moderators are there to ensure the rules of the board are not overstepped not to push an agenda. Sport should be, as repeatedly stated by the FA and the IOC, apolitical.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:36 am

Why do people have to post insult after insult and tear down, often with construct or a well thought rebuttals, another’s opinion or argument?

Treat this forum as you would say having a pre-match or post match discussion with mates friends or family. You would not not say the same things to someone’s face that would post on here for fear of offence. Or even better still getting flattened.

Apologies are just as easy to type, as I have done in the past. It’s all part of healthy discussion and brings us closer together as Stags fans or we end up losing posters such as Edders.

And to be fair some of the best posts are the typed the following day, ‘forgive me I was drunk last night’.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave C8 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:27 pm

I take it, Spartacus, that your question is rhetorical?
Dave C8
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:16 pm

Definitely, though some are still watching the skies and waiting for the penny to drop.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:11 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Candle light and soul forever...

A dream of you and me together
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:56 pm

I've noticed its a lot calmer on here since the crimbo decorations went up.
Tis the season to be jolly troll a lala.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:13 pm

chip63 wrote:I've noticed its a lot calmer on here since the crimbo decorations went up.

Martin was passing me those deco's down out the loft for over an hour.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:27 pm

chip63 wrote:I've noticed its a lot calmer on here since the crimbo decorations went up.

What a difference a couple of wins makes!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:08 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Candle light and soul forever...

A dream of you and me together

Say you believe it ,say you believe it.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum