{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hijacked Posts

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Hijacked Posts

Postby london amber stag » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:27 pm

There are currently two threads on here that have been highjacked by infighting between individuals. It is ruining a once great message board. They are warned to get back on topic but take no notice and continue squabbling.
I for one am sick of these constant arguments. Keep on topic and talk about the Stags, it is a Stags board after all. No one is interested in your petty spats.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Hijacked Posts

Postby hucknallstag » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:35 pm

couldnt agree more.a football forum that is becoming anthing but of late.
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:40 pm

It is turning into settoonet and my match thread got hijacked while I was on a winning streak
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:54 pm

It was like this a few months ago, that's why a few members stopped posting because every thread turns in to stupid name calling.

I get it that folk on here don't agree on the same stuff regarding mansfield but it's just boring that most threads turn into sniping at each other
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:18 pm

Fly this post to Havana. (1960s joke)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:43 pm

I very rarely come on here now and tend to avoid posting any comments because there is always some sarcastic reply from certain individuals. Been following the stags 50 years and we should all be supporters of our club not attack and criticise others .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Opus » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:55 pm

That goes for me to.
Read but do not post often for fear of a sarcastic comment.
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DURHAM STAG » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:17 pm

Does seem strange that we have a six page thread trying to defend/attack two people doing a great job as volunteers at the club and currently only a two page thread about tonight's important game. Focus needs to be on the fact that we have brought in a manager who we didn't expect to see leading our club and get behind him and the players. As someone who finds it difficult to get to home matches, I fully appreciate Martin & Dean's work on ifollow and during the summer enjoyed watching the classic matches on Stagsnet. Keep up the good work guys.
DURHAM STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Hon Sec » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:29 pm

DURHAM STAG wrote:Does seem strange that we have a six page thread trying to defend/attack two people doing a great job as volunteers at the club and currently only a two page thread about tonight's important game. Focus needs to be on the fact that we have brought in a manager who we didn't expect to see leading our club and get behind him and the players. As someone who finds it difficult to get to home matches, I fully appreciate Martin & Dean's work on ifollow and during the summer enjoyed watching the classic matches on Stagsnet. Keep up the good work guys.

Well said.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:30 pm

As one of those guilty id like to apologise. I should know by now to ignore the individuals but it’s hard when it’s personal all the time. It won’t happen again. COYS.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Madstagsfan3 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Disagree with someone's point of view by all means, but at least keep it civil. General rule of thumb should be, of you wouldn't say it to your granny, don't say it to someone else.
Madstagsfan3
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Oak Tree Stag » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:27 pm

Stagsnet has turned into a version of Twitter, if you disagree with someone's opinion, it's full out attack, I'd dare wager that face to face, people wouldn't be so aggressive.
There really isn't any need in life, sure, be frustrated with someone, but no one wins or loses.........does it really matter?
Oak Tree Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ian23 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:29 pm

Friends or foes feature works a treat, sorts the tripe from the good posts
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sue » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:13 pm

london amber stag wrote:There are currently two threads on here that have been highjacked by infighting between individuals. It is ruining a once great message board. They are warned to get back on topic but take no notice and continue squabbling.
I for one am sick of these constant arguments. Keep on topic and talk about the Stags, it is a Stags board after all. No one is interested in your petty spats.

So true. I'm surprised that there are only two posts in this category. Seems to me that every decent discussion eventually descends into personal attacks and childish backbiting. I totally understand why some people are reluctant to post anything for fear of unpleasant retorts and sarcasm. Well said, London Amber Stag! Respect to Dan too, assuming your comment wasn't sarcasm!
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:33 pm

About 90% of stagsnet posts end up hijacked. Just a sign the thread is dead and needs to sink down the board. Personally I kind of enjoy joining a thread late and seeing just how ridiculously off topic we end up getting. On that note, Redlettermedia is one of my favourite YouTube channels, their video essays ripping the jebends out of Star Wars films are hilarious.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 am

Candle light and soul forever...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby dukeofportland » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 am

my first post in about 2 years, but always read comments on here.i dont post anymore because of the sarcastic comments that come back.
calling martin and dean..why? they do a great job.
posts being hijaked and going off topic.
a massive obsession with chesterfield? how many posts? they must laugh at that post re chesterfield.
dukeofportland
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:08 pm

dukeofportland wrote:my first post in about 2 years, but always read comments on here.i dont post anymore because of the sarcastic comments that come back.
calling martin and dean..why? they do a great job.
posts being hijaked and going off topic.
a massive obsession with chesterfield? how many posts? they must laugh at that post re chesterfield.

It isn’t an obsession. It’s laughing at them. Because it’s funny
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:10 pm

Also weird how every thread seems to end up on the subject of David flitcroft :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Big yella » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:56 pm

Dan wrote:As one of those guilty id like to apologise. I should know by now to ignore the individuals but it’s hard when it’s personal all the time. It won’t happen again. COYS.

Yes, it will.
:coys:
gone fishing
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:48 pm

I'm a daily lurker but rarely post for the exact reasons as many others, but also because I'm pretty nondescript and unopinionated. I also miss the input of certain forum users we've seemed to have scared off for good now. Bard, Convertmel, CMK, Nidge, Doom Merchant and others.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby geoffhill » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:31 pm

I too do not understand the obsession with Chesterfield.I always looked forward to our derby games.I hope in the near future we are able to play them again.County as well.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:43 pm

Tre Cool wrote:I'm a daily lurker but rarely post for the exact reasons as many others, but also because I'm pretty nondescript and unopinionated. I also miss the input of certain forum users we've seemed to have scared off for good now. Bard, Convertmel, CMK, Nidge, Doom Merchant and others.

Some of them are posting still. The one above your post being one of them
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sharp » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:54 pm

Don't think you're right there Belly I know all of the people named by Tre and Big Yella isn't any of them.
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Staggyfox » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:29 pm

geoffhill wrote:I too do not understand the obsession with Chesterfield.I always looked forward to our derby games.I hope in the near future we are able to play them again.County as well.

Here here.....
Staggyfox
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum